Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anybody else do this to themselves...?

FootballGuy2677

During the Off-Season while all the ****y teams are talking about their drafting some elite prospect we cant get our hands on for once cuase we did good this season. You wish that the Redskins didnt do as well so we could get a lower pick?

Like for instance...Richard Marshall, hes a early early second round to late first rounder.

Overall, I think im so bored right now cuase theres no football that I wish we had a low pick to talk about somthing.

No.

This is the first offseason in YEARS where the draft isn't a top priority.

Where I don't have to go back and try to figure out if Taylor or Winslow is the best pick or whether we should take Williams or Rolle, Rogers or Jones.

Or what player we lost this year by giving up a 1st rounder for another player.

No, I'm very happy with our FA pickups and the current roster and a 10-6 record from last year. Now just have to wait for training camp and the OTAs.

During the Off-Season while all the ****y teams are talking about their drafting some elite prospect we cant get our hands on for once cuase we did good this season. You wish that the Redskins didnt do as well so we could get a lower pick?

Like for instance...Richard Marshall, hes a early early second round to late first rounder.

Overall, I think im so bored right now cuase theres no football that I wish we had a low pick to talk about somthing.

HAHA Yea sometimes, but i'm glad we got were we did. WE already have our first round pick anyway, and that's Jason Campbell!

If we did poorly, it'd be just adding a talented guy to a poorly performing team. If the texans or whoever draft first go for Reggie Bush, yea, thats great, but that one guy won't turn the whole team around. You can't draft a whole team's worth of (satisfactory) talent in one year.

I'd rather have a team of solid players that will give us a decent regular season record so we go to playoffs and when draft time comes, we can still get a guy that may not necessarily be in the top-tier of talent, but is solid none the less. IMO, they're all possible sleepers (unexpected super-successes) when you have coaches that can develop and max out a player's performance.

Our FO/coaching staff has hit a homerun on almost every FA pickup/trade the last 2 years. They have not done a very good job with draft picks other than the 1st rounders. I would love for them to keep there first rounder from now on, but rounds 2-7 can be traded every year for quality young FA's.

Our FO/coaching staff has hit a homerun on almost every FA pickup/trade the last 2 years. They have not done a very good job with draft picks other than the 1st rounders. I would love for them to keep there first rounder from now on, but rounds 2-7 can be traded every year for quality young FA's.

First off: Round 3- Chris Cooley

But that's not the real point. Those lower round draft picks are necessary b/c they provide cheap players that can develop into solid players or maybe even stars. They're not supposed to be immediate starters and stars, otherwise they wouldn't be low-round draft picks.. Even if they prove to be career backups, we can't afford to maintain a roster of 53 veteran free agents (meaning they are already in their fourth year as a general rule). Anyone worth signing at that point is gonna cost at least twice as much as a rookie(outside of the top 20 picks). Free agency(unrestricted and restricted) can be used to address areas of concern and pick up some starters and a few depth signings, but you can't just write off the last 6 rounds off the draft as worthless to us.

Plus, you can't just write off the later round picks by this FO just yet. Joe Gibb's team has only has two drafts under his belt. At this point, first and second year players are coming into their own and may still develop and help us. Who's to say that Molinaro, or Broughton or Manuel White wont contribute to our team in the future. One or two years is not enough to judge these guys. It's usually cheaper to re-sign your own players than to sign others. A team's draft picks that have not yet seen alot of action b/c there's a good player in front of them on the depth chart won't be coveted by other teams, but will come cheap to you and prove value when injuries or free agency departures occur.

Archived