Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uh oh. Does this mean we have to like SI again?

Om

Dunno if anyone noticed, but ... the 3/27/06 issue of SI has a feature article (rather good, actually) about the rise of the internet in the sports reporting marketplace. It has a graphic that includes several sports site URL's featured prominently on the cover page of the article, and a border in the subsequent pages.

I missed it in the follow pages because part of it's covered, but was pointed this morning via e-mail from a friend back to it and took another look at the cover page.

Whaddaya know?

No.

I don't care if they slobber all over ES in the whole magazine.....I have no interest in what SI has to say, you can thank Don Banks for his comments on the Redskins and the other contributers for that.

Does SI know that the Redskins own ES????

If they don't, do you think they'd be very nice about it then (especially Nunyio who was called on errors by ES posters and now works for SI)?

SI is a rag. Peter King and Z are haters. The root of their hatred? Dan Snyder, Redskins.com, Red Zebra Media, and ExtremeSkins all take money out of their pocket. The Sports Information Bussiness is getting competitieve and they don't like it. Snyder is a smart bussinessman and he had me at hello.

This is the correct answer.

I saw our site on ESPN2 the other night too. They were discussing official team sites and how the fans are connected, and guess which homepage they showed a clip of?

Yep ES. I meant to start a thread about it a few days ago but I haven't had time to do a search and I don't want to end up in Art's new group.

I saw our site on ESPN2 the other night too. They were discussing official team sites and how the fans are connected, and guess which homepage they showed a clip of?

Yep ES. I meant to start a thread about it a few days ago but I haven't had time to do a search and I don't want to end up in Art's new group.

That thread exists. Do a search for 'Outside The Lines'. ;)

I read the article (I get SI for free because of some stuff I bought at Best Buy). It's pretty much a commercial for themselves and newspapers. I'll have to analyze the article to see how many times they talk about the inaccuracies of blogs and rumor mills. However they never mention about the dozens of mistakes made by a single or magazine newspaper during the course of a football season. Hell they hired Nunyo, so what does SI care about accuracy for? Anyway I'll look into breaking the article down.

Well, I just ordered a years subscribtion to SI, because it was what I wanted to do. I dont give a crap what Peter King or anybody else says about the Redskins, I still love them after 27 years, and that isnt going to change. So to the original poster, I say this. Do whatever you want to do, if ya want to love SI love em, if ya dont, dont. Period...

Well, I just ordered a years subscribtion to SI, because it was what I wanted to do. I dont give a crap what Peter King or anybody else says about the Redskins, I still love them after 27 years, and that isnt going to change. So to the original poster, I say this. Do whatever you want to do, if ya want to love SI love em, if ya dont, dont. Period...

ive never seen credibility go down the drain so fast...good thing you are a redskins fan so i still love ya :cheers:

Archived