Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why the media hates the skins (or seems to)

rick1796

it's us. pure and simple if it weren't for us you wouldn't see so many negative columns about the skins. However, it's not because we are jerks (though we are) and it's not because we will ridicule anyone who rights what we feel to be negatively biased articles about the skins (though we do) It's because we lavish more attention on the Redskins than any other fan base does on their team. As a whole redskins fans know more about the team than any of the others. We force the mediots to analyze our roster position by position to simpley keep up with what we already know. Their offseason team reviews go like this

oh steelers won the superbowl they're good.

giants did pretty good, they must be good.

oh cowboys signed T.O. i remeber hearing a lot about T.O. that must make them good.

ok now the redskins. . let's see analyze QB, RB, OL, DL, LB oh my go they have a weak spot. i didn't see a weak spot in the other teams they must stink!!!

i really feel that they only point out our weak areas because we demand that they notice them while other clubs are more apt to settle for a crappy fluff atricle. If they really hate the skins, then i am glad we can force them to have to pay that much attention to every roster move.

"we love us some us" -ART

As much as I admire Dan Snyder, and I do, he is his own worst enemy when it comes to the media. His refusal to coddle them comes back at him in spades. As much as he fights back they always have the last and loudest word. It's basically like calling a radio call in show. Even if you are right they can hang up on you and loudly claim what an idiot you are and spin it so that their lemming listeners believe them.

Frankly, I don't care and I hope that Snyder keeps up the fight.

I probably should care what the media says, in that they should be at their best and most objective when writing things up about teams, especially the Redskins. Not to mention consistant. We should get those from them, but we don't. Hence why I honestly don't care what they say. Good or bad.

As much as I admire Dan Snyder, and I do, he is his own worst enemy when it comes to the media. His refusal to coddle them comes back at him in spades. As much as he fights back they always have the last and loudest word. It's basically like calling a radio call in show. Even if you are right they can hang up on you and loudly claim what an idiot you are and spin it so that their lemming listeners believe them.

Frankly, I don't care and I hope that Snyder keeps up the fight.

Well said...however the loudest last word would be joe gibbs handing the lombardi to snyder on the 50.:)

it's us. pure and simple if it weren't for us you wouldn't see so many negative columns about the skins. However, it's not because we are jerks (though we are) and it's not because we will ridicule anyone who rights what we feel to be negatively biased articles about the skins (though we do) It's because we lavish more attention on the Redskins than any other fan base does on their team. As a whole redskins fans know more about the team than any of the others. We force the mediots to analyze our roster position by position to simpley keep up with what we already know. Their offseason team reviews go like this

We as Skins fans take offense when the mediots claim year in and year out "cap hell" for the Skins. They claim doom-n-gloom annually too. Dr. Z and his 4-12 predict ring any bells? Its the Mis-info or wrong info that has the fan base riled, but Snyder is getting the last laugh while the mediots get a face full of egg!

The media does not hate the skins. The Skins simply give them material to write about. They are always first in the fa market to make moves, sign players, and release players. They need to write about something. Ignore them, that's what I do.

well said bro :cheers:

Archived