Extremeskins

Javon Walker to Eagles might be heating up

Westbrook36

Flag Poll...  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Flag Poll...

• Yes
    • No

A lot of this thread is going to be pure heresay. Be warned before you read further. At the EMB, there are a lot of rumors swirling now that the Eagles and Packers are working out a deal.

Then some guy posts "inside" information. Take it for what it's worth:

Guy I work with has a friend that works for a Sales company that does business for the eagles

He sent the Guy I work with this Email

"Javon walker just got listed to eagles insurance policy. He is signing shortly."

The guy I work with says this guy never has a since of humor, and is always serious, and wouldnt pull a prank like this

Take this for what it's worth but it definately perked my spirits up.

Disclaimer:

Remember I'm not responsible for shattered feelings or unintentional misleadings

Typical Tater rumor. Who knows? Then in ESPN chat today, we have this:

Brendan (Philly): jg, ive heard some rumors that the eagles might make a trade for javon walker, any truth to these rumors?

Jeremy Green: (4:09 PM ET ) This has been floating all day. I talked with someone in the Eagles organization and they told me they would do the deal if the compensation is "right." Green Bay wants a minimum of a 2, and that is a little steep for a player coming off an injury and a guys who has been somewhat out-spoken and disgrunteld in Green Bay.

"Things that make ya go, HMMMMM"

Javon Walker is a stud wr and if they Eagles can get him for a 2nd round pick, they should do it. Javon is young, established and will have many years ahead of him, where a draft pick can be a bust.

If he goes to Philly he'll need to unlearn the Lambeau leap routine...he'll get beer poured on him and possibly be assaulted if he goes into the stands there!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He'll definitely get any jewelry he has on stolen! :laugh:

I really hope this isn't true. Obtaining Walker after losing TO is an upgrade, in my opinion. There are certainly questions about his knee injury; some players have come back fine, but others were never the same. If the Iggles do indeed obtain Walker, they have to become front runners for second place behind the Skins. (that was just for you, WB! :nana: )

This would be intense. Walker, Brown, and Gaffney? They could be very effective.

Yes, I would actually have to stop beating my mantra of "the Eagles have no effective number 1 WR". And I kind of like seening WBs face turn so many colors.

That would be an elite lineup, and put the G-men squarely at the bottom of the division in terms of WRs. If Walker can come all the way back, of course.

Walker is also coming off a serious injury that cost him all of the 2005 season. This won't be like the signing of TO where he was 100% from Day 1. The Eagles will have to be patient with his rehab and coming back to his previous form. That's probably one of the reasons the Packers are willing to trade a former pro bowler for a #2 pick.

Brendan (Philly): jg, ive heard some rumors that the eagles might make a trade for javon walker, any truth to these rumors?

SportsNation Jeremy Green: (4:09 PM ET 3/24/06 ) This has been floating all day. I talked with someone in the Eagles organization and they told me they would do the deal if the compensation is "right." Green Bay wants a minimum of a 2, and that is a little steep for a player coming off an injury and a guys who has been somewhat out-spoken and disgrunteld in Green Bay.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11174

I'm sure he'd want to play on the Eagles team...they're being so generous and such...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He'll definitely get any jewelry he has on stolen! :laugh:

I really hope this isn't true. Obtaining Walker after losing TO is an upgrade, in my opinion. There are certainly questions about his knee injury; some players have come back fine, but others were never the same. If the Iggles do indeed obtain Walker, they have to become front runners for second place behind the Skins. (that was just for you, WB! :nana: )

Walker over TO is an upgrade? Wow, I just don't get it. I think TO is the best WR in the NFL (top 3 worst). I agree that Walker would be a good acquisition, but an upgrade over TO? I don't think it's going to happen.

Walker is also coming off a serious injury that cost him all of the 2005 season. This won't be like the signing of TO where he was 100% from Day 1. The Eagles will have to be patient with his rehab and coming back to his previous form. That's probably one of the reasons the Packers are willing to trade a former pro bowler for a #2 pick.

That is exactly right. I tried to point this out a while back and a few seemed resistant to this idea.

It was a major injury, one that he should recover from. However, next year Walker will not be the same guy that dominated the league 2 years ago.

Walker over TO is an upgrade? Wow, I just don't get it. I think TO is the best WR in the NFL (top 3 worst). I agree that Walker would be a good acquisition, but an upgrade over TO? I don't think it's going to happen.

Walker has a lot of potential, and he's 6 years younger than TO. Maybe it isn't an upgrade, but if Walker can stay healthy and play up to his potential, let's just say they won't be missing TO in Philthy.

Walker has a lot of potential, and he's 6 years younger than TO. Maybe it isn't an upgrade, but if Walker can stay healthy and play up to his potential, let's just say they won't be missing TO in Philthy.

But thats is also exactly the problem with Walker. No one has any idea if he will regain his prior form.

Clearly past history with such injurys would indicate that he should come back and regain that form at some point. But, that point probably won't be next year and might not even be the following year. Look at Lavar's knee injury......even this past season there were reports that he was still adjusting from the injury. And there is always that chance that he just never regains that form.

When you are looking to acquire a player like this, or with this issue, you can't just assume that it will be an upgrade.

Archived