Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something Great i just saw

OVCChairman

Do you support the Iraq war? Be honest, its good for you.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Iraq war? Be honest, its good for you.

• Absolutely! Let's make the middle east a bowl of volcanic glass!
    • Yes. I support it. We're doing the right thing.
    • No. I don't support it. It was started on false pretenses.
    • Heck no! Bring'em home now!

If you all saw my other post you will know i'm a lame @$$ sitting here watchin the NFL Network. Now they are showing the replay of the Steelers/Jets game from a few years ago and I just saw something that completely stood out to me. Troy Polamalu (spelling?) intercepted the ball, and went on a run, running over curtis martin and getting tackled at the 25 yd line. I then noticed on the replay that the ball was intended for Santana Moss on a crossing pattern and TP just jumped it in Zone, i then saw that Moss was the guy that made the Tackle like 20 yards down field. LITTLE SANTANA CHASED DOWN AN LB AND MADE THE TACKLE!!! I already knew he had heart but i dont think i've ever seen anyone sell out like that

I thought he was a Strong Safety. And i thought Pittsburgh played a lot of single safety sets, so the SS would come up and play right near the Outside Linebacker....i could be wrong but that's the defense we ran when i played in high school, the SS would work out with the LB's and the FS would go with the CB's

It was, except that Champ flat out didn't run for the last 5 yards or so. It should have been a TD, easy.

ya do u expect somebody to be chasing u when u have run down the field 100 yards. I mean an nfl athelte will tire out after running full speed 100 yds. Ur Argument is weak,man. Very weak. Obviously he thought u had a touchdown, since his crew was suppose to take out everybody in their path. There were 5 Broncos and kevin faulk to stop, they did that. Champ thought he could relax his way to the endzone

yeah, he's basically a better version of archuletta. i think the skins will try to use him the same way the steelers use Poly.

pretty crazy to put archuleta in polamalu's league . . .

yeah, santana chases down eveyrthing . . . i was at that game and remember it well . . . santana is so friggin fast in person its scary .. . i love watching him play . . .

Guest santana4prez
:notworthy :cheers: Santana is a special player great heart and knows how to beast defenders cant waitfor 06 season

Yeah he beasted Glenn and Williams twice. :laugh: :dallasuck :wewantd:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseGoForTheWin

It was, except that Champ flat out didn't run for the last 5 yards or so. It should have been a TD, easy.

ya do u expect somebody to be chasing u when u have run down the field 100 yards. I mean an nfl athelte will tire out after running full speed 100 yds. Ur Argument is weak,man. Very weak. Obviously he thought u had a touchdown, since his crew was suppose to take out everybody in their path. There were 5 Broncos and kevin faulk to stop, they did that. Champ thought he could relax his way to the endzone

Someone teach this guy how to write. OH yeah and Champ did slow down he could of scored but he was more worried about how he was going to celebrate. Leon Lett anybody?

Still, for a TE to run 100+ yards to track down a CB is impressive and talk about heart how many players in this league would bust their *** to knock a guy out at the 1 yardline and actually almost cause a touchback.

Who the hell thinks Polamalu is the size of a LB? What version of Polamalu are you looking at?

From my seats he's a typical safety at about 5'10" 215 pounds. If that's a starting NFL Linebacker then why are college Linebackers who come out considered "undersized" at 225-230 pounds?

As for Moss running down Polamalu from behind. Well I remember Coles making a similar play saving a TD the other way. So I don't see how that makes much difference in the evaluation of a WR...

If you all saw my other post you will know i'm a lame @$$ sitting here watchin the NFL Network. Now they are showing the replay of the Steelers/Jets game from a few years ago and I just saw something that completely stood out to me. Troy Polamalu (spelling?) intercepted the ball, and went on a run, running over curtis martin and getting tackled at the 25 yd line. I then noticed on the replay that the ball was intended for Santana Moss on a crossing pattern and TP just jumped it in Zone, i then saw that Moss was the guy that made the Tackle like 20 yards down field. LITTLE SANTANA CHASED DOWN AN LB AND MADE THE TACKLE!!! I already knew he had heart but i dont think i've ever seen anyone sell out like that

I cant remember who we were playing but 2 years ago, Ramsey through a horrible pass to Coles and Coles ran the guy down some 40 yards and stripped the ball right before he crossed the endzone for a touch back . That play actually saved the game. DOnt forget the Don Beebe play in the Super Bowl on those Cowpukes.

This speaks to another thread. It's not the size of the body but the size of the heart that matters. All ball players know that. ;)

Archived