Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Taylor take to Archuletta?

LiveStrongSkins

We've all heard how close Taylor and Clark were. Theyve been mentioned as being best friends on the team and Taylor has said on several occasions that he looks up to ryan Clark. Hell, even in his 1 on 1 interview he said Clark is his favorite player in the NFL. I was just wondering if you guys think the signing pissed Taylor off. I think Archuletta and Taylor can make a great combo and AA even said in his PC he was looking forward to working with Taylor. I just think Taylor was pissed his best friend was let go when it probably wouldnt have taken much to resign him. :2cents: What do you guys think?

I think they'll end up being friends just like Clark and Taylor were. When you play for the pros you have to put the team before friends and I think Gibbs & co. look for players that mesh well in the locker room as well as on the field.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to watching our two safeties play together next year. They are both hard hitters and excellent at their positions. TO better be careful when pulling in passes next season.

I think they'll end up being friends just like Clark and Taylor were. When you play for the pros you have to put the team before friends and I think Gibbs & co. look for players that mesh well in the locker room as well as on the field.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to watching our two safeties play together next year. They are both hard hitters and excellent at their positions. TO better be careful when pulling in passes next season.

I agree... I dont think many teams will try too many routes over the middle. They better work the sideline routes because I cant think of a harder hitting combo then those two.

Really? I thought they were in love :rolleyes:

If you worked along side a close friend and he was let go and the new guy was brought in with a ton more money... you might be a littled peaved at first too.

Football's a business. All of these guys understand that. Does the business leave room for friendships? Certainly, but not at the cost of the business. If people don't like each other, Gibbs and Co. will take care of it, especially if it affects performance.

If anything's going to piss off Taylor, it'll be the contract that Archuleta signed.

very true

Agreed!!!

But....he has no leg to stand on, so to speak, because players that have legal troubles are not going get contract upgrades, or at least they shouldn't. Look at Jamal Lewis of the Ravens, he was one of if not the best RB in the NFL 2 years ago, he was looking at a very large contract until he got into some legal trouble. He basically had to take what the Ravens offered this offseason, because no one else even made an offer to him. His contract is like 3 years 26 million, but, in reality its a 1 year 6 million dollar deal. With 10 million dollar base salaries in year 2 and 3, he will never see that money. 6 million is a nice 1 year salary but compared to what Alexander and James got, its chump change.

What I am saying is no team can afford to sign a player long term that could possibly be in jail in 6 months, over something stupid. Taylor has alot of growing up to do before I would offer him 1 penny more. Besides he signed a 7 year deal, with the last year voidable, and this will ony be his 3rd year of that deal.

players that have legal troubles are not going get contract upgrades, or at least they shouldn't. Look at Jamal Lewis of the Ravens, he was one of if not the best RB in the NFL 2 years ago, he was looking at a very large contract until he got into some legal trouble. He basically had to take what the Ravens offered this offseason, because no one else even made an offer to him. His contract is like 3 years 26 million, but, in reality its a 1 year 6 million dollar deal. With 10 million dollar base salaries in year 2 and 3, he will never see that money. 6 million is a nice 1 year salary but compared to what Alexander and James got, its chump change.

Lewis would likely have a huge contract if he had put up another monster rushing year after getting out of jail. His biggest problem was the absolutely AWFUL season he came off of... 900 yards on only 3 yards per carry.

ST is a grown man. He'll play just fine alongside AA, he isn't dating him.

There are alot of people that would disagree about Taylor being a grown man.

Lets not forget how young he is, just cause he is paid doesn't mean he is mature.

We are talking about the guy who skipped the rookie symposium, chased after people with a baseball bat and a gat over a couple ATVs and I suspect there is more that doesn't come to the top of my head.

I do believe that there will be no problem getting these two guys to play well together, but that is because of our coaching staff not Taylor's maturity level.

Lewis would likely have a huge contract if he had put up another monster rushing year after getting out of jail. His biggest problem was the absolutely AWFUL season he came off of... 900 yards on only 3 yards per carry.
I guess you are partly right, but the Ravens lost some of there o-line last year as well. Rememer? We stole there starting center with Rabach, who helped Lewis gain some of those yards. They replaced Rabach with a rookie, which hurt some.

You know what I think Taylor will get out of all of this? That if he plays well, he can get a loaded contract in a couple years. Hes looking at what AA got, and probobly is drooling. And that is what will inspire him to play some great football.

I hope AA gets Taylor in his workout regimen.... wouldn't it be crazy if ST gained like 10-15 pounds of pure muscle and made dawkins look like koy detmer.

Taylor's already taller and heavier than Dawkins...but yeah Koy Detmer has to be the scrawniest looking player in the league.

Archived