Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it safe to assume that O-Line depth is no longer a need

we_want_56

we should get andre dyson as our 3rd cb and then we should either get jamie sharper or bring back LaVar for linebacker, unless there are any other good linebackers that can come in and play immediately.

Lavar ain't coming back so you might as well forget that. Jamie Sharper is washed up and probably asking for too much $$. I think we should go for a younger guy or even Jashon Sykes.

Offensive lineman are worth their weight in gold. Remeber the Seattle game? Raymer ring a bell? He was horrific, and an embarrassment to the team. I can't blame him entirely, but he was beaten so badly on national television, I wanted to crawl into a hole for him. I would keep at least 2or3 depth in each position.

After reading the profiles of these guys, it would seem as though they could be adequate backups. Hard to say though without really having seem them play. Even then, I don't have Buge's eye for linemen, (despite my avatar ;) ).

both players are guard/centers. we still need to find a capable #3 tackle which I don't recall anyone ever identifying Molinaro as being at this point.

I think it is easier to cover with a backup inside than at OT if there are injuries.

The Redskins would be smart to find a veteran players perhaps after June 1 that can come in and be ready to play at a level where Mark Brunell doesn't get killed.

Neither Cory Raymer or Ray Brown were starters. We are replacing our back ups. Raymer was our BACK UP center. Rabach is our starter. I dont see where your rationalization is valid. Who are you exactly to judge the talent of our back ups with the talent of the back ups we just signed? Have you been scouting the people we just signed? Have you done a comparison with our recent signings to Ray Brown and Raymer? What statistics do you have to say that they were better then Pucillo or the other guy we just signed? Your post proves my point that you were expecting a big name signing to replace our back ups.

Hello, who said Raymer and Brown were starters? Dont ASSUME anything from what I say, I'll tell you straight up what Im thinking, no need to guess, Bud. Its makes absolutely no sense to sign "big name backups", I dont know where you get that from. However, I think it would have been wise to sign a couple of backups with a bit more 'experience' than Pucillo and Walter have. My comments about Raymer and Brown in an earlier post were specificly mentioning that when Randy Thomas went down in '05, ES members bitc#ed and complained that our BACKUPS were incapable of filling in as a BACKUP should, in their estimation. I think it would have been wise to get a vet. free agent with more experience than the two clowns we just signed. If one of our starters goes down, we'll be in the same position we were in when Thomas went down last year. I, however, feel that Brown did a sufficient job as a BACKUP. I felt bad for Raymer in Seatle. A backup center playing guard was UGLY, so one of these bums, who's testes your swinging from, should be able to take his spot, no problem. Ok? Now you dont have to assume!

Pucillo and Walter, WHO?

Archived