Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it safe to assume that O-Line depth is no longer a need

we_want_56

Is it safe to assume that the need of O-Line depth has been filled with the signing of Walters and Pucillo. If that's the case that should leae just 2 needs besides overall depth.

As it stands now.

LT: Samuels, Molinaro

LG Dockery, Pucillo

C: Rabach, Walters

RG:Thomas, Pucillo

RT: Jansen, Walters

I think we're good on dpth now.

That would leave WLB and 3rd Corner.

Is that right?

I think we're fine and should no longer target O Lineman. Pucillo is a very good pickup as he can make a great starter if someone goes down. Even though the Browns didn't have a good OLine he was a starter for them and is now are best backup offensive lineman.

CB now. There are still some good CB's available.

Dyson, Fletcher (young and would be good for us.)

Law, Woodson (old, would want too much to play the #3 CB)

We address a LB in the draft. This draft class has some strong LB's in it. And address the o-line depth, safety depth, etc. through the draft as well.

But we should sign a few more FA's before the draft.

Is it safe to assume that the need of O-Line depth has been filled with the signing of Walters and Pucillo. If that's the case that should leae just 2 needs besides overall depth.

Never have too many grunts...... they go down all the time

DB's and LB's needed

In my opinion, our needs go in this order...

1- Nickel Corner

With Harris gone, we need a good young player that can fill this roll.

2- WS Linebacker

Arrington was a big loss, right now it looks like they might be looking at either Sykes or Clemons... or a combo of both to fill that role. I would almost rank this as the #1 need but I feel that Clemons has shown more in his limited playing time, than any backup CB we have on the roster.

3- Offensive Line depth.

The two marginal players we signed today might be decent depth... but I don't see either as locks to make the team. IMO we still need depth here and I don't think the team is done addressing this area.

4- Defensive Tackle-

Behind Griffin and Salavea, the team is a bit thin. Boschetti is ok but the team really suffered when Griffin was injured last year.

That Indekwe dude makes 9, I think the coaching staff is high on him...

Ikechuku Ndukwe would make 9, but you never know what will happen in camp. We may yet pick up another linemen depending on who comes available once teams start to cut guys.

That being said, we do look fairly sound on the O line as we sit right now.

we should get andre dyson as our 3rd cb and then we should either get jamie sharper or bring back LaVar for linebacker, unless there are any other good linebackers that can come in and play immediately.

Its impossible to think we could get Lavar back. One he will cost way to much and Two He chose to leave and his pride won't allow him to come back.

Defensive secondary and linebacker depth should be priority right now. Agree with post that said we woud be well served to go with best athletes available in draft, versus being limited by position choices. We need good football players who are ready to play special teams and become core Redskins!

We were still pretty thin at OL depth during the season. Ray Brown retired and Cory Raymer was released. Really, these two guys we signed are just replacing them so there is still a need for depth on the line.

Most likely, one or both of these guys will be released before our 53-man roster is set.

Archived