Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best/Coolest sporting event you've attended.

rincewind

Inspired by flyingtigers Masters thread, I thought i'd ask what is the best or coolest sporting event you've attend?

I've been to the U.S. Open (golf) and the Preakness. I also attend the game the Lions won to get into the playoffs circa 1983 and we were allowed to go down onto the field of the Silverdome as well as a MNF 49ers vs Skins game.

Sunday Night game against the Eagles.

Wife and I both got to tailgate with ES and also had field passes before the game. The game was so intense at the end I thought I was gonna pass out. It was a night i will NEVER forget!

2001 U.S. Open Quarterfinals: Sampras vs. Agassi 6-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6 without either player breaking serve ... it was also six days before 9/11 in New York City, so I'll always remember being there.

2004 Mens NCAA Lacrosse championship game Navy vs. Syracuse. I went with a bunch of my friends who are Mids. We had a great time.

Eagles sunday night game last year, just because it felt great to watch all of the loud mouth fans walking out with their heads hanging low.

I thought at the time watching Clemens and the Yanks lose to the Marlins in what everyone thought was Clemens last game was the best. Now, not so much.

The Masters would be up there. As would Olympics events (Womens gymnastics final). And the final game at RFK (I took my seat).

But the best would have to be the 83 World Series. I was 14, and a huge Orioles fan. It was surreal.

As for the "coolest"? Kentucky Derby by far. But not much in the way of a sport. A 10 hour party for a 3 minute race.

I've been to 7 Redskins games in my life. The last one was the Giants game on Christmas Eve. That was awesome, especially because it's the first one I went to that we actually won. I was almost afraid to go for that reason. I had the displeasure of seeing Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Packers, Bengals and Raiders fans gloat about their victory at our stadium before that :redpunch: Not good times, glad I finally got to see a win, and such a satisfying one at that. I have to admit, I nearly shat myself when Brunell went down and Ramsey had to come in. It was scary for a few minutes there.

Skins-Cowboys. RFK stadium. 1972. NFC Championship. I was 10 years old. Skins win and go to the Superbowl.

Beat that suckas!

Skins-Cowboys. RFK. Jan. 83. NFC Championship. I was 12 years old, and I'll never forget Daryll Grant running right at me with that INT...changed my life!

Also, I was at SBs XVII, XVIII(ouch), and XXVI. Great memories all, but nothing can touch that whuppin' we put on Dallas!

Preakness is cool, ive been 3 times. I have yet to see a horse, so its not really a sporting event. Its just a drunk-fest outdoors.

WVU-UConn basketball in 1998. WVU beat #1 UConn, we rushed the court and I body checked Dicky V.

Giants game this year. First time i ever got to watch from a luxury box.

Tiger Stadium 2004

LSU vs Oregon St-my first game experience at LSU when I was a freshman and man oh man what an experience it was. OT game that came down to the Oregon St. kicker. :)

FedEx Field 2000

Redskins vs Titans

The infamous pick returned for a TD before halftime. Awesome experience, had tickets 19 rows up on the 49 yard line for primetime...but we lost, so it sorta sucked.

MCI Center

Capitals vs Avalanche, can't remember exactly what year, I believe it might've been the year before they got Jagr but it was a hell of a game and the Caps won. The NHL game is an incredible live experience.

The game against Auburn this past year at Tiger Stadium was also great, another classic OT game.

My season tickets are pictured below...

Archived