Extremeskins

Why Aren't We Blocking The Cowboys?

RiggoReincarnated

QB

Wide Recievers

Tight Ends

Cornerbacks

Linebackers

And when we draft a safety, we'll have the edge at safety too.

punter

kicker

You've got us at......

RB

Offensive line.

I'd say safety is a push for now. Besides that it's a fair assessment.

PLEASE I'd take Novak over Vandermiss....

that might be a little extreme. the guy has the highest field goal percentage of any kicker in the history of the nfl. sure he missed that one at the end of the play-off game. but i wouldnt exactly label him vandermiss.

Guest santana4prez
PLEASE I'd take Novak over Vandermiss....

Vanderjagt is a top 5 kicker , i know ur not serious but it still makes you sound stupid.:doh:

I wouldnt give the Cowboys the edge at WR.

TO is great, but so is Moss.

Both are game breakers, both are pretty much uncoverable.

Owens BEST season was 1451 yards and 13 TDs. And that was 6 years ago.

Moss' BEST season was 1483 and 9 TD's. That was this past year.

2nd and 3rd WR is obviously an edge for the Skins.

Why did we allow the Cowboys to sign Vanderjagt without us getting him first? Now they have the edge on us in the kicking game as well.

As well? What ELSE did/do they have an edge on over us? It's isn't receiving, or rushing, or passing, or special teams, or defense(BY FAR)...so uhhh...what is it? Oh yea, it's not coaching either...

I think the biggest edge we have is that our team actually has heart as evident by our run at the end of the season, where as dallas quit on eachother and their coaches and lost out of the playoffs. i think we have better players anyways, but even if we didnt for arguement's sake, id still take better heart than better players, you can with with bad players with a good heart

I might add this to my quote to my sig. Couldn't have said it better. :(

Maybe you should worry about your own ability to speak before quoting others in jest...;)

You know what I'm going to add to my sig??

BRRRUUUUUUUUNELLLLL, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGG DEEEEEP!

QB

Wide Recievers

Tight Ends

Cornerbacks

Linebackers

And when we draft a safety, we'll have the edge at safety too.

punter

kicker

You've got us at......

RB

Offensive line.

1. We had a personnel/positions "edge" over you guys for ten years. Did it ever help us?

2. You say you have an edge on us at all these spots. Glad to see it kept you guys on top last season. ;)

Maybe you should worry about your own ability to speak before quoting others in jest...;)

You know what I'm going to add to my sig??

BRRRUUUUUUUUNELLLLL, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGG DEEEEEP!

:laugh: Funny but J-Roc you must admit.. that's a good quote right there!

I might add this to my quote to my sig. Couldn't have said it better. :(

Dude, just fwiw (howw's that for an opening :laugh: ), but lately you seem a lot more like a garden-variety troll. i'm just sayin, you do still like being here right? cuz the trolling is a good way to go away from what i've heard. you're dissing the board pretty regular.

now, you can flip me crap if you want, for offering this comment to you, or you could respond with some real thoughts on the matter; your call. :)

Dude, just fwiw (howw's that for an opening :laugh: ), but lately you seem a lot more like a garden-variety troll. i'm just sayin, you do still like being here right? cuz the trolling is a good way to go away from what i've heard. you're dissing the board pretty regular.

now, you can flip me crap if you want, for offering this comment to you, or you could respond with some real thoughts on the matter; your call. :)

Just having a little fun and being myself Jumbo but I appreciate the words of caution. Honestly though, ask yourself. What would this board be without a challenge from your arch rival every now and then? I can't leave ES alone this board needs me. :D

Just having a little fun and being myself Jumbo but I appreciate the words of caution. Honestly though, ask yourself. What would this board be without a challenge from your arch rival every now and then? I can't leave ES alone this board needs me. :D

I keep reading about 'respected opposition's fans' but you know, that's still usually shorthand for troll.

Fun is the name of the game. I think the board is better with loyal and knowledgeable fans from other teams, too. Always have :) . I know you can qualify on both those descriptors when you're on your game. I appreciate you actually heard what I was saying and took it the way I'd hoped. I know it can be a hard balance between proppin your boyz and givin a shot back for any ya take, and yet not being too smackhappy in the other dude's rec room ;)

catch ya 'round the campfire :cheers:

QB

Wide Recievers:laugh::laugh:

Tight Ends:laugh::laugh:

Cornerbacks:laugh::laugh:

Linebackers:laugh:

And when we draft a safety, we'll have the edge at safety too.:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

punter

kicker

You've got us at......

RB

Offensive line.

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL?!?!?!?!:doh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, let's break it down!

QB:

Cowboys

Bledsoe

Career: comp att % yds td int att yds td

3749 6548 57.3 43475 244 198 | 377 736 8

Redskins

Brunell

Career: comp att % yds td int att yds td

2576 4334 59.4 30037 174 102 | 496 2399 15

Brunell is younger(marginal in age, but 41 fewer games), moves better, and has a better td/int ratio.

Bledsoe is bigger w/bigger arm, has more game experience, has SB ring(albeit as a backup).

Gotta go with Brunell here for the simple reason that he had a much better all-around year in 05.

RB:

No stats necessary.

The Redskins' Portis/Betts/Cartwright attack simply overmatches the Cowboys arsenal of Jones/Barber/Thompson. This does not mean that the Cowboys are soft at RB. They are capable of running effectively against any team in the league.

WR/TE(age):

Cowboys

Rush Rec

Owens(33) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

142 25 159 6.4 2 716 10535 14.7 101

Glenn(32) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

121 17 128 7.5 1 523 7776 14.9 38

Crayton(25)- G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

18 1 0 0.0 0 34 503 14.8 3

Witten(24) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

47 0 0 - - 188 2084 11.1 13

Redskins

Moss(27) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

67 26 116 4.5 0 235 3899 16.6 28

Lloyd(25) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

45 0 0 0.0 0 105 1510 14.4 13

El(26) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

61 54 316 5.9 0 162 2012 12.4 7

Cooley(24) - G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

32 0 0 - - 108 1088 10.1 13

Tough Call! Perhaps a bit more analysis is warranted.

Boys Total: G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

328 43 287 6.7 3 1461 20898 14.3 155

Skins Total: G Att Yards Y/A TD Rec Yards Y/R TD

205 80 432 5.4 0 610 8509 13.9 61

Boys Avg PER GM. Rec Yards TD Age

4.5 63.7 .47 28.5

Skins Avg PER GM. Rec Yards TD Age

3.0 41.5 .30 25.5

The "Owens" factor tilts the statistical edge firmly in the favor of the Boys. However, the Redskins are considerably younger and possess a far superior running game. Additionally, the Skins enjoy greater depth at the position. Overall, the Cowboys must be given a slight edge at this position and may possess, statistically, the top WR/TE corps in the league.

Offensively, these two teams take a backseat to no one - veteran QB leadership, potent and versatile running backs, and explosive recievers - but the Skins still control the balance. Why? Coaching! The Gibbs/Bugel/Saunders triumvirate is far more formidable than the Parcells/new whippin boy/Jones troika.

Prediction:

Boys (05 ppg 20.3 off rk. 12) - 22 ppg 11 rk off.

Skins (05 ppg 22.4 off rk. 11) - 23.5 ppg 8 rk off.

It goes without saying that the NFC East should be a lot of fun this year. I, for one, am thankful, that our division should be the strongest in the league again, as it should be!!

Lets break this down a bit

Brunell or Bledsoe hmm tough choice there but i think it would brunell even if it were up to the backups then the skins would widen the margin with Campbell

I believe tight ends are even

Corner backs is not even close skins have a huge edge in that caregory

Linebackers you might have a small edge Just slight

Safeties Go ahead and draft away because with arch and tayler thats a huge advantage to us

Now for the wide recievers You have 1 great 1, we have 1 on the verge of greatness and 3 other good ones definatly in our advantage

Oh yeah 1 major advantage coaches also give the skins an advantage

O.K.. be realistic here ...

Bledsoe has more playoff experience seeing as he has won Division Championship games twice.

Do you really believe your CB crew is better than Dallas ? Seriously ?

And with WR you have one WR that so far had one good year.

Then two unproven WRs that have nothing to show yet.

Against two proven WRs one of which is one of the most dominating in recent history and the other more than proven of what a threat he can be.

I think the biggest edge we have is that our team actually has heart as evident by our run at the end of the season, where as dallas quit on eachother and their coaches and lost out of the playoffs. i think we have better players anyways, but even if we didnt for arguement's sake, id still take better heart than better players, you can with with bad players with a good heart

Sorry but have to disagree with this ...

Two things hurt the Cowboys last year, Kicking and O-line injuries. Period.

If Dallas had at the most a decent kicker Dallas would've been 2-0 after week two and Washington would've been 1-1. In which the Cowboys would've been in the playoffs and Washington would have been at home.

Sorry but have to disagree with this ...

Two things hurt the Cowboys last year, Kicking and O-line injuries. Period.

If Dallas had at the most a decent kicker Dallas would've been 2-0 after week two and Washington would've been 1-1. In which the Cowboys would've been in the playoffs and Washington would have been at home.

Blah blah blah. If you would've scored more points in seven games, then you would've been 16-0. If, if, if, if, if. You don't see me sitting here and talking about how we would've been the #2 seed if the Tampa Bay game was ruled correctly. Get a life.

Archived