Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bucs are desperate, should we have waited out on the Ramsey trade ?

Mickalino

The Griese move to the Bears has sent the Bucs in a tailspin in their search for a QB. They were all confident for so long that Griese would come back to Tampa, but that was not to be. Now, they're not only at a loss of Griese, but the QB market is SUPER thin right now...the best QB's out there are Jon Kitna, Josh McCown, and Aaron Brooks, who will probably go to Oakland, if he hasn't already. Sure, you're going to say hindsight is 20/20, but it's too bad we couldnt hold out on the Ramsey trade a little longer, as I'm pretty sure the Bucs would have been willing to offer more than the Jets did.

John Kitns and Josh McCown were signed to the Lions earlier this month. Brooks was signed last night to the Raiders. Harrington is still on the market but the team that ends up signing Harrington will wait until he is cut because no one wants to pay that $7 million he is due on June 1.

Regardless, we gave away our young first round draft pick that went throught a bunch of coaching changes and no offensive line and with more wins than losses, for a sixth rounder. I will never understand that logic.

I'd prefer Ramsey be in the AFC so that.... IF... he becomes a NFL caliber QB.... he's not in the NFC and we're not facing him in the playoffs.

The deal is what we were offered at the time...... the Redskins did not have the luxury of a fortune teller. No crying over spilt milk.

I wouldn't be happy with Ramsey going to a very much disliked rival. With him going to the Jets, you just kind of chuckle.
I'd prefer Ramsey be in the AFC so that.... IF... he becomes a NFL caliber QB.... he's not in the NFC and we're not facing him in the playoffs.

and what if we face him in the Super Bowl ? :(

it's too bad we couldnt hold out on the Ramsey trade a little longer, as I'm pretty sure the Bucs would have been willing to offer more than the Jets did.

You're forgetting one VERY IMPORTANT thing:

Joe promised Rams that he would help him go someplace where he'd have the chance to start. Chris Simms is a virtual lock at QB in Tampa. Remember, the Bengals showed interest too but Patrick felt most comfortable in NY.

Throughout the season and into the playoffs last year Ramsey never caused a fuss and stepped in when needed. Joe Gibbs is a man of honor and followed through on his word. Ramsey will have a legitimate shot of starting for the Jets.

The fact we received ANY compensation is due to Gibbs and our FO. Many people were doubting we'd receive anything at all. Instead, we cleared almost 2 mil in cap, ended the QB controversy and honored Ramsey's wishes.

As usual, our leaders did the right thing. :cheers:

Why are the Bucs desperate? They have Simms locked up and plenty of options for a backup. And since everyone here thinks Brunell is a Super bowl QB, there really isn't much they can say about Simms not being a serviceable starter who could get the Bucs to the Super Bowl.

If they really wanna bring in another guy that could compete for the starting job, Kerry Collins is just as good as Brian Griese. As for backup material Tommy Maddox, Mike McMahon, Tim Rattay and Jay Fiedler are all out there...and Rattay was there last year.

Archived