Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2005) 2-0 vs. Cowboys

Santana_Fan

the 2nd game almost seemed unreal. we went from barely beating the cardinals the week before to whipping the cowgirls ass 28-0 in the first half. i wasnt sure if i was dreaming or not.

it sure did feel like a dream though. And it's funny how that each week after the 1st game, they we're all counting down the days until the 2nd game, complaining about how it was a fluke, but then to see the faces on the Cowboy's fans, and how no one wanted to pick up their phones. We've had in thrown in our faces for a while, but they hate to have it thrown back in their faces. I guess it's because we came back with a vengeance :laugh: .

Hard to say, the first one I was watching the game with a friend from work who is a 49ers fan. (we both hate Dallas) I had been telling him for a month about how the Skins were gonna be better this year and make the playoffs. After 3 quarters I was PISSED, and he kept giving me looks like "this is a playoff team?... Then we both were jumping up and down at the end.

The sencond came a couple of days after the passing of my Grandfather. I was in a numb state, not really focusing on anything. That game was great as it got me to "wake up" and enjoy the victory. Grampa was a big skins fan, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate his life than with a buttkicking of Dallas.

I would have to go with the second.

Awww man, sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. I understand how you feel though. But just know that he was looking down and laughing at them.

So hard to chose...it's like asking which child do you love more?

I was fortunate enough to go to both games. We were sitting a couple rows up from the field on the Skins side for the first game. You guys didn't see it on TV but they made a HUGE spectical for the Ring of Honor ceremony. All the Cowboys fans and players were on such a high. They even started the second half late because the triplets kept talking on the glory days. :) After the first TD, you could hear a pin drop followed by some cheers. Several of the Cowboys fans had left at the point...the rest looked like a deer facing headlights. :doh: After the second TD, Samuels turned around to a few of us and started dancing and we danced along with him. I will NEVER forget that feeling and the silence on the way back to the parking lot. Of course we heard "it's about time" and "lucky" and even the Dallas media was saying the Skins "stole" the victory.

The second game....AHHH! :laugh: It was surreal. The Cowboys looked like a JV team playing a SB team. And that was the first time I felt the stadium shake at FedEx. I thought back to how we were "lucky" and "stole" the first game. This was an "in your face" game. It was sweet!!!

If I had to pick though...I would say the first game because it was MNF, in Dallas, the ring of fame happened, Cowboys fans were feeling really good all for it to be taken away, and the celebration of all the Skins fans and players in Dallas territory was PRICELESS!!! :applause:

:dallasuck:eaglesuck

P.S. Lets spread the love...which Philly game did you like more....:laugh:

the 2nd philly game was nice because it clinched the playoff birth, but the 1st one was still when most of their team was in tact. the 2nd game was a philly team filled with backups. mcdump was still playing QB the first game so beating them for the first time in a while was really nice.

So hard to chose...it's like asking which child do you love more?

I was fortunate enough to go to both games. We were sitting a couple rows up from the field on the Skins side for the first game. You guys didn't see it on TV but they made a HUGE spectical for the Ring of Honor ceremony. All the Cowboys fans and players were on such a high. They even started the second half late because the triplets kept talking on the glory days. :) After the first TD, you could hear a pin drop followed by some cheers. Several of the Cowboys fans had left at the point...the rest looked like a deer facing headlights. :doh: After the second TD, Samuels turned around to a few of us and started dancing and we danced along with him. I will NEVER forget that feeling and the silence on the way back to the parking lot. Of course we heard "it's about time" and "lucky" and even the Dallas media was saying the Skins "stole" the victory.

The second game....AHHH! :laugh: It was surreal. The Cowboys looked like a JV team playing a SB team. And that was the first time I felt the stadium shake at FedEx. I thought back to how we were "lucky" and "stole" the first game. This was an "in your face" game. It was sweet!!!

If I had to pick though...I would say the first game because it was MNF, in Dallas, the ring of fame happened, Cowboys fans were feeling really good all for it to be taken away, and the celebration of all the Skins fans and players in Dallas territory was PRICELESS!!! :applause:

:dallasuck:eaglesuck

P.S. Lets spread the love...which Philly game did you like more....:laugh:

ok ok ok let's see here....hummmm, I would have to say the second Eagles game. Even though I enjoyed winning while McNabb was playing. But then again, we had alot of back and forth action. Then we just started breaking the ice with huge impact plays. Sean Taylor really highlighted the game to me with that fumble return, because I didn't think he was going to make it out of there after he picked the ball up. But Mark Brunell had some poor numbers that day. But I loved that game alot better. Too bad we can't do the same kind of thread or posts about the Giants :laugh: .

What about you?

The first Eagles game, I loved when Mcnabb got shoved down on that "trick" play :laugh:

yea that was funny, he didn't even see it coming. I remember the times when we used to beat the Eagles and Giants so much that it wouldn't even be a point in watching the game because we would know what the outcome would be. Especially with the Giants. :gaintsuck

And then the fact that Parcells just walked off the field without shaking Gibbs' hand, it was disrespectful, but at the same time funny because he was that upset.

The TV announcers said he finally shook hands, but they didn't show it.

I geuss he couldn't shake off the flashbacks of the early '80s.

:psyche:

I would have to go with 14-13 because I was "this close" to turning off the t.v. and begin plotting how I was going to deal with the Cowpie fans at work....All of a sudden the turn of events happend and I had to re-stratagize. So when I came in that Tuesday some were already rolling their eyes and hiding. One particular co-worker came to my desk and started talking trash and said "how bout them cowboys....13-0...Big Doughnut" I just gloated and opened up the sports section of the Wash Post. Needless to say he grabbed his chest like Fred Sanford and yelled WTF!!!! Priceless.

:rotflmao: That's a funny story!

I'm going with the MNF game also. We've beatin' the cgirls by alot already in the past. THIS ONE (and how we came back) makes up for the Clint Longley '74 Thanksgiving game. The uniforms were switched around this time....

CLASSIC!!!

:yikes:

oh, I have to edit that part then lol.

No you don't. Parcells was a total jerk when he didn't shake hands immediately afterwards. I've never, ever seen that in any NFL game, ever. What a classless bum. I still haven't forgiven him for that. Most overrated coach in history.

No you don't. Parcells was a total jerk when he didn't shake hands immediately afterwards. I've never, ever seen that in any NFL game, ever. What a classless bum. I still haven't forgiven him for that. Most overrated coach in history.

oh I didn't know. I just don't know which is which, because some say he never did shake his hand, and some say he did, they just didn't show us. But from what I saw he just walked off the field.

oh I didn't know. I just don't know which is which, because some say he never did shake his hand, and some say he did, they just didn't show us. But from what I saw he just walked off the field.

Even if he shook his hand later it still doesn't matter. At the end of every game you walk to the middle of the field and shake the other coach's hand. They do it every game, even the Super Bowl.

I of course loved us going into dallas and beating them on their "ring of fame" troy acheman, michael irvin, emmit smith inauguration. But flying from FL to DC to witness history in person and a brutal bashing of the cowpies at a game that i got lucky enough to win a flight and tickets to, is most memorable to me

i was asleep during the come back... i know i know i know... but i had a fever of 103+ and was having a reaction to the medicine i took. i saw the last minute though! my roommate made me come out of my comma. but the second one! THE HOME GAME! just look below! THAT IS HOW IMPORTANT THAT GAME WAS TO ME!

I of course loved us going into dallas and beating them on their "ring of fame" troy acheman, michael irvin, emmit smith inauguration. But flying from FL to DC to witness history in person and a brutal bashing of the cowpies at a game that i got lucky enough to win a flight and tickets to, is most memorable to me

I think that game made it extra special to throw it in their faces. We made them look horrible (7 sacks, 3 ints, 1 fumble) etc, that was crazy. I hope we take the 4-0 run next season.

Archived