Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2005) 2-0 vs. Cowboys

Santana_Fan

What Cowboy's victory do you cherish the most?

1. The 35-7 punishment at FedEx field?

2. The 14-13 comeback victory in Dallas, with only 3:55 mins left on the clock?

Some people would say both, because we beat the Cowboys, and that's the main point, but if you could only choose one.

OHHHHH YEA! Remember the second game, after our victory when Parcells just walked off the field and didn't shake Gibbs' hand? Who else feels that if it was the other way around, they'd talk about us real dirty, and about how disrespectful and unsportsmanlike it was? They didn't say anything about Parcells, but if it was us, they'd pound it into the ground. And Meshawn pushing the camera away.

What Cowboy's victory do you cherish the most?

1. The 35-7 punishment at FedEx field?

2. The 14-13 comeback victory in Dallas, with only 3:55 mins left on the clock?

Some people would say both, because we beat the Cowboys, and that's the main point, but if you could only choose one.

both in different ways, 2nd one helped us basically elimnate them from the playoffs and helped us get there. First one, it showed the fantastic acquistions we made in santana moss.

Both were special for different reasons. If I had to pick one I would say the 14-13 because it knocked off the Norval Curse. In the last 10 years there were plenty of games that the Skins were the better team and just tossed the game away. We hadn't been able to do diddly for 56 minutes and all of a sudden we are winning. Then you just knew that the Boys were going to pull it out with a last minute FG and make it anothe gut-wrenching loss to extend the Norv. But it didn't happen and I sat there with my mouth agape for an hour after the game telling my wife "Wow!"

The second one was awesome as well because everybody was still saying the Boys were the better team going into the game and it just cemented that they weren't. Not to mention a loss would have undone everything good about the first win.

That's like trying to pick between two supermodels to get stuck on a deserted island with. They're both just too friggin' beautiful to pick.

But, if I HAD to pick, it'd have to be the Monday nighter in Dallas. They weren't just honoring Aikman, or Irvin, or Smith. They were honoring ALL THREE!!

:laugh:

Whenever those redneck sister lovers look at their Ring of Fame, they will FOREVER think about Moss torching them deep twice, the Redskins pulling out some miracle last second victory, and Joe Gibbs celebrating like a kid on Christmas doused with gatorade.

Can't beat that.

This one is a no brainer. Winning on Monday Night Football in Texas while spoiling their Ring of Honor Ceremony !!!!!!! That was just like a kick in the twins, you will never for get the pain !!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nutkick:

:wave:

For me I have to say the 35-7 game because I got so sick and tired of hearing about how the first game was a fluke and how their "great defense" just dominated the game this was so sweet for me. I was so totally tired of hearing about what they did the week before against KC their offense was awesome against KC blah blah blah. The Skins will not be able to stop this offense :blahblah: . Coming the work that next day was so sweet being in the office with a bunch of cowboy fans it was like a morgue.. :laugh:

Both were special for different reasons. If I had to pick one I would say the 14-13 because it knocked off the Norval Curse. In the last 10 years there were plenty of games that the Skins were the better team and just tossed the game away. We hadn't been able to do diddly for 56 minutes and all of a sudden we are winning. Then you just knew that the Boys were going to pull it out with a last minute FG and make it anothe gut-wrenching loss to extend the Norv. But it didn't happen and I sat there with my mouth agape for an hour after the game telling my wife "Wow!"

The second one was awesome as well because everybody was still saying the Boys were the better team going into the game and it just cemented that they weren't. Not to mention a loss would have undone everything good about the first win.

Hahaha yea, in the first game I was talking to my friend on the phone, and he thought the game was over. Then when Santana caught the first td pass, I stood up closer to the t.v. with my eyes glued to it lol. That game was so thrilling man, and Brunell was so accurate to be 40+ yards away and get the ball in between two defenders at that, I was real nervous when the ball was in the air lol.

The second one looked like a Cowboys bloopers. I watched the second game yesterday, and just sat back and watched how many times Bledsoe was sacked, it looked unreal, like almost everytime he dropped back he was sacked. And then the fact that Parcells just walked off the field without shaking Gibbs' hand, it was disrespectful, but at the same time funny because he was that upset.

That's kind of like asking which victory from last season you wouldn't mind throwing away. At any point in the season (every point in the season), a game you won turned out to be crucial.

But given the time of the season, and the streak, and the impact of the win, that first game against the Cowboys is the one that made the bigger statement.

I was at the 35-7 drubbing...

So that would have to be it...

I fell asleep and missed the 14-13 comeback... :(

Oh you poor soul !!! I was glued to the big screen and it felt like Christmas all over when Santana torched Roy !!!! I went and jumped on the bed waking up my wife so we could celebrate and then called a few Cowgirl fans to rub it in while the pain was still very fresh in their minds !!!!!

:dj:

without a doubt the ass whooping in the second game....I was at a sports bar surrounded by a league of cowgirls....they kept saying the first game was fluke...after the first 2 touchdowns you should have seen the looks on their faces as some of them conjureed up more optimistic visions of glory until we crashed bledsoe in and scored twice more ... man that was the greatest and to follow the pounding we gave the midgets in the next game...Hail to the redskins....by the way we knocked out their playoff hopes in that second game to damn near a moot point.

without a doubt the ass whooping in the second game....I was at a sports bar surrounded by a league of cowgirls....they kept saying the first game was fluke...after the first 2 touchdowns you should have seen the looks on their faces as some of them conjureed up more optimistic visions of glory until we crashed bledsoe in and scored twice more ... man that was the greatest and to follow the pounding we gave the midgets in the next game...Hail to the redskins....by the way we knocked out their playoff hopes in that second game to damn near a moot point.

yea lol, I can imagine the looks on their faces. Man, my sister and my girlfriend are Cowboy's fans. It's funny how that whole month and day leading up to game-time, they were talking major trash, but during and after the game, they had nothing to say lol. Once the game was over, I made, or tried to make a couple of phone calls to the Cowboy's fans I knew, but no one would pick up the phone. But yea, my girlfriend was :( and :mad: for the day lol.

that's one of the best questions on the board in a while . . .

it's hard to go with oe or the other, but without the first one, the second one might not have ever happened . . . the first one saved the season, it jump started a belief that we could win . . . remember what we felt like, as a franchise, right before that happened . . .

The Monday Night Game of course. The dramatic turn out caused me to have a hoarse voice for a week.

Believe it or not I was looking for a blow out in the 2nd game. I kept telling all my buddies that I didn't want just a win but I wanted a good ole fashion ***** whippin at thh expense of the Cowbums. Only thing that disappointed me was that the Skins let them score.

I'm gonna say this now. I want the Skins to start a streak on them. Kick their tails for the next umpteen years. It felt nice and currently feel nice to have Cowbum fans shut up and humbled.

that's one of the best questions on the board in a while . . .

it's hard to go with oe or the other, but without the first one, the second one might not have ever happened . . . the first one saved the season, it jump started a belief that we could win . . . remember what we felt like, as a franchise, right before that happened . . .

yea good point, the second game we were on a mission to prove that us winning the first game wasn't a fluke. That was a crazy way to improve to a 2-0 start :laugh: .

The Monday Night Game of course. The dramatic turn out caused me to have a hoarse voice for a week.

Believe it or not I was looking for a blow out in the 2nd game. I kept telling all my buddies that I didn't want just a win but I wanted a good ole fashion ***** whippin at thh expense of the Cowbums. Only thing that disappointed me was that the Skins let them score.

I'm gonna say this now. I want the Skins to start a streak on them. Kick their tails for the next umpteen years. It felt nice and currently feel nice to have Cowbum fans shut up and humbled.

yea, when Bledose dropped back on that play where they scored, I was looking for another sack, I was getting greedy lol. That kind of made me mad too though, I wanted a 35-0 scoreboard. All season, they only scored 20 points on us though all together lol, now that's funny!

This one is a no brainer. Winning on Monday Night Football in Texas while spoiling their Ring of Honor Ceremony !!!!!!! That was just like a kick in the twins, you will never for get the pain !!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nutkick:

:wave:

I'd have to agree with this simply because it crushed the spirits of the Dallas fans.

bs0928se.jpg

snyderjump3vw.gif

gibbs6sy.gif

Well for the first game I was at a buddies house, whos fiance is/was a cowdung fan. Anyway she went to bed around the third quarter b/c she was so syked that the skins were losing. Oh she woke up real fast when the yelling from downstairs woke her up :). But still in all the comotion, I'd have to say the second game on Monday night, since I was there to see the induction of three players go down the toilet like they should be! It was unbelievable and I was outright overjoyed. Not to mention my voice didnt come back for 3 days afterwards :)

I would have to go with 14-13 because I was "this close" to turning off the t.v. and begin plotting how I was going to deal with the Cowpie fans at work....All of a sudden the turn of events happend and I had to re-stratagize. So when I came in that Tuesday some were already rolling their eyes and hiding. One particular co-worker came to my desk and started talking trash and said "how bout them cowboys....13-0...Big Doughnut" I just gloated and opened up the sports section of the Wash Post. Needless to say he grabbed his chest like Fred Sanford and yelled WTF!!!!

Priceless.

Archived