Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vanderjagt off the market.........

WeownU

Several reports in Dallas saying he signed a deal today with the cowboys. It will be officially announced tomorrow.

The dudes got a five cent head on his shoulders, but he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL.

Several reports in Dallas saying he signed a deal today with the cowboys. It will be officially announced tomorrow.

The dudes got a five cent head on his shoulders, but he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL.

Very accurate assessment. He is a hell of a kicker, but lacks common sense. However, nobody looks to the kicker position for leadership. That's a good pick up for the Cowgirls.

And yeah, wrong forum. :silly:

Yeah but is he clutch? He missed that field goal at the end that would have sent the Colts-Steelers playoff game into overtime. Which was indoors. And he is 36. :silly:

I agree, I was ready to reply and read your post!

I'll give "clutch" to Vinateri...

Good pickup for Dallas, they've got the best kicker in the NFC East. Yep, that means Akers.

Wish we would have made the move ourselves.

I can assume that Akers is/will be completely from his injury last season?

I agree, however, that Akers has been the best kicker for years in the NFC.

I can't believe Cowboy fans want to try to come here and brag about this guy. In the NFC East, it's still Akers, then everyone else. ;)

Everything back to the iggles for you. :laugh:

Vanderjagt is a tool but he's damn good. I put him at least as good as or better than a healthy Akers.

Much better than a banged up Akers. Still can't get over the way Andy Reid handled that situation. Making Akers kick off again was the worst decision. And he never took heat for it. It was easily one of the worst personnel moves by a head coach. Hands down.

But Vanderjagt is farging good. If he was kicking here I'd be very happy.

I can assume that Akers is/will be completely from his injury last season?

But Vandy hasn't been injured and he has been the most accurate in the NFL, which ultimately all that really matters. He will be playing indoors again, too.

7-35?

- Vanderjagt is a solid kicker in the dome.....but outside? He is different. I would rather have Viniteri any day of the the week.

Guest santana4prez
I can't believe Cowboy fans want to try to come here and brag about this guy. In the NFC East, it's still Akers, then everyone else. ;)

I agree with you:laugh:

Akers is the best kicker in the NFC East.

1. Akers

2. Vanderjagt

3. Feeley

4. Hall (Can move up but has to stay healthy)

A few years ago I was on a business trip in Burlington Ontario. I was sitting at a bar watching football and struck up a conversation with the bartenders. We got to talking and they asked me if I had ever heard of Mike Vanderjagt. I said sure. They said that he came in there all the time with his wife and they would sit and drink Frozen Strawberry daquiris all night. He order his with whipped cream on the top. We then started discussing gambling for some reason and that is when the story took a bizarre twist. They told me that they were 99% sure that Vandershank was in with some of the local bookies. You can figure out what was said from there. I'm not going ot accuse someone of something that harsh based on what some bartenders said but I have watched him recently and I would have to say there is some evidence out there.

So good luck with your new kicker.

Dispelling myths about Vanderjagt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MYTH: Vanderjagt is a poor kicker in clutch situations.

FACT: According to his career splits, he is 34-38 all time (89.5%) in Late & Close situations, which is higher than his overall career accuracy of 87.5% and much higher than Adam Vinatieri's accuracy of 78.4% in Late & Close situations. Mike has also made 87.5% of his 72 4th-quarter field goal attempts and 100% of his 3 overtime attempts, while Vinatieri has hit 82.3% of his 4th quarter attempts and 80% of his 10 overtime attempts.

MYTH: Vanderjagt's stats were inflated by playing in a dome.

FACT: Mike has made 127 of 145 field goal attempts (87.6%) indoors, and 90 of 103 attempts (87.4%) outdoors, for almost no distinguishable difference. He is 84.4% in windy weather, 100% below 40 degrees fahrenheit, and 100% with precipitation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FACT: According to his career splits, he is 34-38 all time (89.5%) in Late & Close situations, which is higher than his overall career accuracy of 87.5% and much higher than Adam Vinatieri's accuracy of 78.4% in Late & Close situations. Mike has also made 87.5% of his 72 4th-quarter field goal attempts and 100% of his 3 overtime attempts, while Vinatieri has hit 82.3% of his 4th quarter attempts and 80% of his 10 overtime attempts.

FACT: Mike has made 127 of 145 field goal attempts (87.6%) indoors, and 90 of 103 attempts (87.4%) outdoors, for almost no distinguishable difference. He is 84.4% in windy weather, 100% below 40 degrees fahrenheit, and 100% with precipitation.

Fact- The Brokebacks have now signed TO and the TO of kickers. When are you guys going to realize that Jerry Jones is destroooooyyyyyiing your franchise. No player is worth dividing a locker room or disgruntling a HOF coach.

NFC East basement for the boys next season. Start to finish.

Nice research.

I assumed that it was only a myth about him, but this proves it. Of course, you're going to still have people talk about his last kick and his dust up with Manning.

Personally, I think it's a great move for Dallas. :dallasuck

Fact- The Brokebacks have now signed TO and the TO of kickers. When are you guys going to realize that Jerry Jones is destroooooyyyyyiing your franchise. No player is worth dividing a locker room or disgruntling a HOF coach.

NFC East basement for the boys next season. Start to finish.

It seems like every move we make is a bad move for us which only makes you happier as a redskins fan. All I can say is that you must be elated as a skins fan that we signed T.O. and Vanderjagt! Everything is going your way.

Archived