Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not to be negative about a "great" off-season but....

zztrainv2

We still have some key holes that still have to be addressed. First of all, there is no WLB at all. Arrington is gone we need to accept that, but we definitly must bring somebody in here to fill that void. We cannot afford to bank on a 2nd round pick to fill that gap and i dont want to even hear about Mcune or Campbell as anything more than special teams players. I fail to see why we were so aggresive in going after the "big name" free agents but have completely made little or no (known) effort to sign a starter

Secondly, the secondary and linebackers have no depth. After Spring and Rodgers who is there? Jimoh? Not bad, but as a 4th CB/special teams player. I dont think anybody wants a big name. But we cannot leave that position to chance (draft) in "our year".

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the offensive line has ZERO depth. This is something I think we look to in the draft so I am not too concerned at this point.

I do thing that if we can plug up these holes, this can be "our year":cheers:

I agree with you as to the extent of what we need and I believe most of us have the same feeling as we've expressed since the main spending spree slowed. However, the thing that is somewhat comforting about linebacker is two years ago we essentially went with Pierce and Marshall who would have HORRIFIED us in August as starters, yet played well. Last year we had Marshall in a new spot and a little less pop from WLB with Arrington or Holdman. But, I think our ability to make something out of unknown players might be there at this spot and though I expect some move here, I could also see us scaling back and seeing what we have. Though, it would be an obvious area of need to start the year until we saw it play out to the good.

Another new member to the Art group??

Nope. Though the comments are the same there are no conversations on this exact thing for a day or so. You can reasonably expect these angles to come up every few days and they don't fall within the concept. Now, if there were threads on the main front that were obviously the same, we could talk.

We still have a second round pick, which will more than fill one of those holes. There is still a preponderance of corners on the market that could satisfy that need, and the same with offensive line depth.

In truth, our roster is more solid at this point in the calender year than in any in recent memory. When all we need is solid depth at three or four positions, we're in phenomenal shape relative to the time of year.

For a fan to have the audacity to think that Gibbs & Co. haven't had 14 different scenarios worked out for months on these issues is just plain crazy. It will get taken care of.

As was said in Midnight Run, "Sidney, relax. Have a cream soda."

Everything's gonna be fine.

Under Gibbs, they fill their holes with veterans. In the draft, it's best player available. Always has been. Always will be.

Yea, but the Cowboys filled there holes with veterans and got a sick offense together, and now they are going to draft a bunch of good players too. So thats a much better system considering theyre probably going to be stacked after the draft.

But.....:dallasuck

Clemons and/or McClure

I personally don't have the same confidence in either that I did in Marshall last off-season or Pierce the off-season before. McCune barely made the roster and Clemons seems to be more of a niche player, only finding real utility in pass rushing situations.

Of course, I don't think Joe Gibbs just shot up in his bed and panicked because I don't have confidence in either of them. Bottom line, if Gregg Williams thinks either is good enough, then I'm satisfied.

I personally don't have the same confidence in either that I did in Marshall last off-season or Pierce the off-season before.

Of course, I don't think Joe Gibbs just shot up in his bed and panicked because I don't have confidence in either of them. Bottom line, if Gregg Williams thinks either is good enough, then I'm satisfied.

It's great that you get it. :applause:

:cheers:

Archived