Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

david tyree resigns with gmen

gutlead74

talk about overpaying:laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes::gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380243

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants have re-signed Pro Bowl special teams player David Tyree to a five-year contract.

The deal makes Tyree the highest-paid special teams player in the league, said Tyree's agent, Mark Clouser, and is on a par with money paid to No. 3 receivers in the league.

"It's basically receiver money. David wants to be a receiver in this league and feels he should be paid receiver money," said Clouser.

The Giants confirmed the signing but did not comment on the specifics of the deal.

Tyree, who went to high school in Montclair, less than 10 miles from Giants Stadium, made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2005 when he made 16 special teams tackles (13 solo) and blocked a punt. He also caught 5 passes for 52 yards and one touchdown.

Tyree is a special teams ace, but he is so good at them. I guess I can see paying him 3rd WR type money. I dought he will ever be a 3rd WR. Its debatable however thats for sure if he is worth it. Still if anyone saw him play last year this guy turned games around with his play on special teams the last few years. He is the best Gunner in the NFL, and he can block a kick or two.

Archived