Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sheppard Can't Wait To Face Owens

Number5

Interesting read.....especially the bold part at the end.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-03222006-630201.html

Sheppard can't wait to face Owens

By: REUBEN FRANK (Wed, Mar/22/2006)

PHILADELPHIA — Lito Sheppard can't wait.

Facing Terrell Owens? Twice a year?

“You have to love it,” Sheppard said yesterday. “It's going to be fun. Come on, you always want to play against the best.”

Sheppard and Owens, who had some memorable battles in practice as teammates, will now battle with a little more on the line. Owens, who spent the last two seasons with the Eagles, signed with the Cowboys last week.

“He could go off for 200 yards, but as long as the scoreboard says the Eagles won, we'll be good,” Sheppard said.

“It's going to be interesting. You know he's going to have it out for the organization. He's going to want to have his best two games against the Philadelphia Eagles. I can't let that happen.”

What about the hype?

Sheppard has been through a Super Bowl, but he knows the first Eagles-Cowboys game of 2006 will be off the charts on the hype-meter.

“In previous years (before last year), we've handled them pretty well,” Sheppard said. “Now it's going to be more competitive, probably. You know it'll probably be on Monday Night Football and it's going to get the rivalry going again. But we'll be OK.”

Sheppard is still rehabbing after undergoing surgery in November for a severely sprained ankle.

He said he probably won't be participating in either of the team's minicamps but said he'll be 100 percent in time for training camp in late July.

“I'm still making progress,” he said. “It's a long, long process and I'm trying not to rush anything. I'll be fine. Right now, I'm not shooting for minicamp. But you'll definitely see me when it's time to get started.”

Pearson blasts Dallas' owner

Long-time Cowboys great Drew Pearson blasted owner Jerry Jones for signing wide receiver Terrell Owens.

“There used to be a lot of pride in who wore that star on the helmet,” Pearson said in an interview with Sirius NFL Radio according to the San Antonio Express News.

Reuben Frank can be reached at eagleswriter@yahoo.com.

That bold part is great...and every Cowboys fan needs to sit up and take notice.

This guy totally disrespected your franchise on national TV, and so many of you welcome him with open arms.

I really wish there were some old school Staubach and Landry 'Boys fans that posted here who could elaborate on why this is such a disgrace.

Go ask Emmitt if dancing on your star at midfield was a big deal or not.

That bold part is great...and every Cowboys fan needs to sit up and take notice.

This guy totally disrespected your franchise on national TV, and so many of you welcome him with open arms.

I really wish there were some old school Staubach and Landry 'Boys fans that posted here who could elaborate on why this is such a disgrace.

Go ask Emmitt if dancing on your star at midfield was a big deal or not.

:cheers: ......alot of folks are upset......imagine going into Dallas Staduim now with more anit-TO fans than actual Cowboys fans.....things gonna get messy!

Not sure if Lito can handle him or not. I'd say I would like Dawkins to disable him when he comes across the middle but then that would take away ST's opportunity. I guess either way it's good.

:laugh: believe me if lito can't take T.O which i think he can. he better b on the

look out 4 dawkins boy is a hammer. i would love seein T.O helmet fly out of his

head. :laugh: :dallasuck

And Lito expects to be ready for Training Camp and is even looking forward to matching up with Owens.

Nothing to see here, carry on...

Oh...there's plenty to see here! TO is going to be saving his best performances for the Iggles...you better hope all your DBs are in tip-top shape!! :laugh: I know I'm definitely going to tune in for both Dallas/Philly matchups!! :laugh:

Oh...there's plenty to see here! TO is going to be saving his best performances for the Iggles...you better hope all your DBs are in tip-top shape!! :laugh: I know I'm definitely going to tune in for both Dallas/Philly matchups!! :laugh:

There will be a lot of tough talk about Dawkins getting a chance to knock a mothafarga out.

Belie thaat. w00t!!!!!!!11!1

Fact is, their defense has to step it up to play against TO, and last year their defense sucked. The first go around, the pukes smoked the Eagles, start to finish. It wasn't even a contest.

It's not just a a matter of the defense continuing to play the way they played for the Eagles. They have to reinvent themselves, with Howard and Barber coming on, Mcdougal, Cole, and Patterson proving themselves again. And Kearse, who clearly is not the player he was.

Anyone who thinks the Eagles defense is going to just walk on the field and dominate is fooling themselves. No matter how excited they are about Howard.

Archived