Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers -- Your evaluation of him (second thread edited for descriptive title)

Sunburn

Rogers is a solid cover guy, he's not afraid to stick his head in there and make a tackle during a running play and will be physical with the receivers he's covering. While everyone screamed bloody murder when we drafted him over Mike Williams, I think Rogers was an excellent pick-up and will be one of the anchors on this defense for years to come!

I started a thread on this already, but since it's probably weeks old by now, I'll let you slide this one time. =P

As for Carlos, I think his potential is through the roof. He's shown excellent open field tackling ability(see his tackles on LT and Lorenzo Neal when they had blockers!!). His vision is excellent as well. I just hope he plays well man-to-man...he's already shown his ability in zone coverage. Also, I LOVE his vertical. This kid has UPS!(and I don't mean the United Parcel Service, lol)

Rogers is a solid cover guy, he's not afraid to stick his head in there and make a tackle during a running play and will be physical with the receivers he's covering. While everyone screamed bloody murder when we drafted him over Mike Williams, I think Rogers was an excellent pick-up and will be one of the anchors on this defense for years to come!

He also has a nose for the ball. I think he'll get his fair share of interceptions and make some huge plays.

I'm glad this whole thing worked out. A lot of people wanted Mike Williams. Now we've got a top WR corp now, and I think Carlos is coming along nicely. I mean, you have to wonder if even Gibbs predicted this. It looks like everything is falling into place so well.

I love Carlos. He is a great corner. He has not been in the league long, but already he is showing himself to be a great cornor. If someone can do that in their rookie year, its pretty impressive. Mark my words, he is going to become one of the best corner backs in the league over the next 2 years.

I don't know how anyone can conclude that he'll be an All Pro at this point. He didn't play like it this year -- and no one would expect him to. It's too early to judge him. But, I like what I saw. He's got the skills required for the job. There are a lot of unanswered questions, though. Time will tell.

There were only two players I didn't want the Redskins to draft with their 1st round picks and they drafted both. I thought Rogers had bust written all over him. Yes, he exceeded my expectations and by a whole lot. I hope I'm just as wrong about Campbell.

Carlos Rogers will definitely grow into a pro-bowl CB. I thought he dropped a couple of balls he should have intercepted this past season, but other than that, he's a solid player that should hold down that position for many years to come.

Archived