Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Screenwriting

smashmowf

The popular ones seem to be Final Draft and Movie Magic Screenwriter. They're both pretty expensive, unless you can get the discounted "student" version. Pretty sure you can download a demo of one or both.

Thanks for the suggestions.....yeah 200 is a little pricey...but if you have confidence in your idea it must be worth it.

Those are the two I was going to mention as well. Depending on where you're submitting the work, different agencies/contests have specific requirements; it might be worthwhile to check out their preferences.

Excellent point, I'm working on a script that I will be shopping around so I'll keep that in mind....

PLEASE WRITE A GOOD MOVIE!!!!!

Hollywood has run out of ideas. Every movie now is either:

A. A former comic book (X-men 1-3, DareDevil, Batman 1-9, The Punisher, Aeon Flux)

B. A 60's or 70's TV show (Dukes of Hazard, Honeymooners, Welcome back Kotter)

C. A book they condensed so much it hardly resembles the book (LotRs, Harry Potter, DaVinci Code)

D. A remake of an old movie (Oceans 11, King Kong, Charile and the Chocolate Factory)

or E. Terrible

I've used both Final Draft and Movie Magic Screenwriter, and Movie Magic Screenwriter is the better program. Just easier to use. Both are great though.

Couple questions.....Did you by them brand new or did you find a used copy or a place to download them......I downloaded the demo but you can only put in 40 pages so I'm not going to even going to touch that......also what challenges do you face shopping your script?

Couple questions.....Did you by them brand new or did you find a used copy or a place to download them......I downloaded the demo but you can only put in 40 pages so I'm not going to even going to touch that......also what challenges do you face shopping your script?

Try the demos out and see what is better for you.

Shopping it around? Are we talking agents or investors?

Check here as well..

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php?

Remember there are a lot of angry filmakers/writers on the net. Most are not even working in the business. Some will try to tear you down. Don't let them get to you.

Also I think if it is a student version you can't sell it. Or it will say its the student version on the printout. If thats what the people with the money or a reader will see they will just throw it away.

Try the demos out and see what is better for you.

Shopping it around? Are we talking agents or investors?

Check here as well..

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php?

Remember there are a lot of angry filmakers/writers on the net. Most are not even working in the business. Some will try to tear you down. Don't let them get to you.

Also I think if it is a student version you can't sell it. Or it will say its the student version on the printout. If thats what the people with the money or a reader will see they will just throw it away.

More good points....thanks. :cheers:

A few more things. Don't bother sending your script to any kind of agent. They won't read it.

Learn to write a Logline and Query Letters.

Make sure your not sending in a first draft either.

Get someone like http://www.bartgold.com/ to read your script after your 2nd or 3rd draft.

Don't put to much detail in your draft as in to much detail in your scenes. It is looked on as unprofessional.

Learn about beats as well.

Just trying to help ya out. :)

A few more things. Don't bother sending your script to any kind of agent. They won't read it.

Learn to write a Logline and Query Letters.

Make sure your not sending in a first draft either.

Get someone like http://www.bartgold.com/ to read your script after your 2nd or 3rd draft.

Don't put to much detail in your draft as in to much detail in your scenes. It is looked on as unprofessional.

Learn about beats as well.

Just trying to help ya out. :)

Cool...I appreciate it. :D

Archived