Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who is the cheapest person you know?

Seabee1973

Me.

All of my shampoo bottles are turned upside down to get every drop. Same with ketchup, salad dressing, etc. I cut open my toothpaste to get every last speck. I combine all the "little soaps" around the house into one. When I fill up at the gas station, I "wash" my truck (rims, lights) with the provided window washer. I pay with collected pennies sometimes at the grocery store. I buy my suits off the rack. I expect any vehicle I buy to last for 250K miles, at least. All my kids wear hand-me-downs, and I wear their shoes that they've grown out of (my 2 oldest boys wear 14's). I collect condiment packs at restaurants. I have coffee cans filled with used screws/nails/bolts that might come in handy later.

But I tip very well.

Yea if im not msiaken I heard that Eddie is cheap tipper as well, I just dont remember where I heard it....

-Grant

buddy of mine worked at ruths chris waited on him a few times. Even with his complemantery (i know, i cant spell!) bottles of wine he still didnt tip squat

Well if you live on the Eastern Shore I guess you have to be that way

Me.

All of my shampoo bottles are turned upside down to get every drop. Same with ketchup, salad dressing, etc. I cut open my toothpaste to get every last speck. I combine all the "little soaps" around the house into one. When I fill up at the gas station, I "wash" my truck (rims, lights) with the provided window washer. I pay with collected pennies sometimes at the grocery store. I buy my suits off the rack. I expect any vehicle I buy to last for 250K miles, at least. All my kids wear hand-me-downs, and I wear their shoes that they've grown out of (my 2 oldest boys wear 14's). I collect condiment packs at restaurants. I have coffee cans filled with used screws/nails/bolts that might come in handy later.

But I tip very well.

i ordered a sandwich once and the waitress asked if i wanted onions on it. i love onions, but i had to ask if they were free or not.

they werent, she said they were either 25 cents or 39 cents extra, i forget.

either way i quickly said no and all my friends just burst out into laughter and so did the waitress

so i guess i am cheap

I know a guy that is sooo tight, that he uses both sides of the toilet paper.

I know a guy who's so cheap that he uses a small towel instead of toilet paper. I think he washes it once or twice a week, when he's not feeling lazy.

No, I'm kidding I don't know anyone who does that, hopefully. ;)

My stepfather (and his tne wife) went out to dinner with a co-worker and his wife. The co-worker tried to do the math to the penny of what everybody had. My stepfather was like, "just give me the check if you're gonna do that."

So they get back to his (my stepfathers) house, and then he asked for GAS MONEY. HOLY CRAP! He never went out with him again.

of course it isn't...i was just conversating...

Anyways, I have an Aunt that never seems to get the idea that when the family chooses to split the bill evenly, that she, too, needs to split the bill. She'll order water and a small entree and say that she shouldn't have to pay more than the face value. I don't get it. Why go out at all if you aren't going to have a decent meal and have a good time. As far as I'm concerned, if you go out and you pay more than what you probably should have, oh-well. Consider it payment for good time with family or entertainment. Quit being such a dbag.

:cuss:

i'm sorry, but i hate splitting the bill evenly, that allows people to buy the most expensive food and put it on someone else. being a vegetarian, the meals i order tend to be much cheaper, i shouldn't have to pay for your 5lb steak!

How exactly are you a cheapskate at all?

LOL! There is more to life than booze and eating out, isn't there? :D

I'm just not mad at my money and think waaaaay to much before I spend. I research every purchase to a fault. I'm in the process of purchasing new Scuba gear, and I agonize over every penny. It's pathetic. I probably have some type of condition!

My wife quit taking me with her to the grocery store....I turn the poor womans quick trip into an 1hr 1/2 field trip. I'm comparing prices and reading labels...drives her nuts.

As my Grampa used to say, "I'm not cheap, just thrifty!" I think that the main reason for the frugality, is that I hate the fact that I think someone is getting over on me, (Snyder & Co. notwithstanding)

I know a father and son combo that are so cheap, they went to a garage sale and bargained a $5 pair of skis down to $2. They worked out a whole routine where the father would pretend they were late for something and the son would lag behind giving the seller the doggy eyes until he gave in.

:applause: :applause: Damn!! Those guy's have skills! Thanks for the tip!

Archived