Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Pete Rose be in the HOF?

Cdowwe

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sure, Rose is an ass and I was never a fan of his but it's the Baseball Hall of Fame, not the Human Being Hall of Fame of the Good Guy Hall of Fame. Pete Rose belongs and so does Shoeless Joe Jackson.

As for Bonds, he would have been a Hall of Famer WITHOUT the clear and the creme or whatever he took so he should be in as well.

Bonds is/was an exceptional player... but steroids and gambling are 2 different things....

Truth. But given that almost every slugger in baseball was on steroids at the same time as Bonds, it's kind of a wash. In other words, his stats are inflated, but so are everyone else's, and he was still clearly the best of our time.

Baseball sucks, but Rose deserves to be in there. With all the crap they have going on nowadays (Bonds roids, D "Cokehead" Strawberry), what Rose did is petty

I actually think the gamblig is worse than the steroids. At least there is no question that the steroid user is trying to win every game - the gambler might be throwing games to cash in.

I vote no. I'll be the only one, i dont mind. The Hall of Fame should be allowed to be selective, and MLB gave Pete Rose an ultimatum. "Do this, and we'll reinstate you."

Rose finally came clean to sell books. He came clean out of greed. When there is a Hall of Fame for scumbags, he'll get my vote.

He's a world class POS and he gives the sport a bad name. He shouldnt be standing next to Willie Mays or Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams, or Lou Gehrig.

Bonds shouldnt get in either, nor McGuire, nor Sosa.

pleaseblitz, i'm with you.

and i wasn't on this side of the fence for a VERY long time. but after his self-serving book where he backtracked on almost 20 years of lying, not to mention all the proof that he bet on REDS games, i say no.

i say no on bonds, too. and mcgwire. and sosa. they should all be purged from baseball history. this era will go down as the darkest in history of baseball, imo.

Truth. But given that almost every slugger in baseball was on steroids at the same time as Bonds, it's kind of a wash. In other words, his stats are inflated, but so are everyone else's, and he was still clearly the best of our time.

I agree... Bonds would still definitely be in the Hall even if he HADN'T turned into Superman with the Giants.... and I also agree that it's hard to knock Bonds when so many more players have been linked/rumored/appear to have taken steriods.

But no one has ever even suggested Pete was on the juice... and he's the all-time hits leader. His controversey surrounds stictly off the field stuff (gambling), which is still serious, but shouldn't affect what he has done on the field of play... IMO

They both should probably be in.

But no one has ever even suggested Pete was on the juice... and he's the all-time hits leader. His controversey surrounds stictly off the field stuff (gambling), which is still serious, but shouldn't affect what he has done on the field of play... IMO

Bottom line is Rose signed his life away. He agreed to a lifetime ban and now he's paying for it.

i say no on bonds, too. and mcgwire. and sosa. they should all be purged from baseball history.

And every other slugger in the past 10-15 years, and half the pitchers too. It was epidemic. It makes no sense just to ban Bonds and McGwire (not ot mention Sosa against whom there is no direct evidence), but it's not practical to ban everybody.

And every other slugger in the past 10-15 years, and half the pitchers too. It was epidemic. It makes no sense just to ban Bonds and McGwire (not ot mention Sosa against whom there is no direct evidence), but it's not practical to ban everybody.

As fas as i'm concerned Palmero and Sosa should be gone - they were caught, everybody else is just speculation.

He should, his actions off the field did not affect his onfield preformance, people taking steriods affect their play and should be kept out

It's funny, I see it exactly the opposite. I care about the integrity of the game as far as effort to win or lose games more than the stats. Rose bet on the Reds - how do we ever know he didn't throw games? At least Bonds was trying for an edge to make him a better player.

It's funny, I see it exactly the opposite. I care about the integrity of the game as far as effort to win or lose games more than the stats. Rose bet on the Reds - how do we ever know he didn't throw games? At least Bonds was trying for an edge to make him a better player.

Its still cheating. Cheaters shouldnt be in the Hall of Fame.

To say Bonds would be in without the roids is a tough argument to make IMO. Who's to say he'd even be playing past the age of 30-31 without the roids? He didnt even start putting up those big stats until then.

Archived