Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thing I find funny about Eagle fans...

MarkPSkins

Why are they treating the Redskins as if they are the Cardinals or the Lions. Besides being in total denial about how good their team actually is considering the injuries, but to just assume this is a win for them is blind homerism at best.

Do they not realize that the Skins and the Eagles have split each season over the past four years. Do they not understand that any NFC game per history is never a given. Over on certain Eagles board a lot of them have already moved past this game and are looking ahead at the schedule saying when we are "4-1 at the break" blah blah blah.

They talk about running through the Redskins to open up play action pass with some rookie no one outside of Philly has ever even heard of. They talk about Antionio Freeman like he will be some huge contributor. Did he not just join the team?? And isn't he like a hundred years old? I'm sure he's in great game shape and conditioned to run all of those patterns against on of the better secondaries in the NFL.

They claim our D line sucks with the likes of Wilkinson, Wynn, Smith, Gardener (will play some, especially running downs), like it's matter of fact. They talk about taking our linebackers out of the game by running mutiple WR sets...with WHO? Who will block? A gimpy Runyan and the rest of the peice worked injury depleted line. Thank god McNabb can run, because he will have to under this scenario. They Talk about old man Green as a weakness but obviously haven't seen how he has thrived in the nickel CB role.

As has been pointed out. McNabb doesn't like to t throw into coverage. McNabb will not get the luxury of throwing against a zone defense for a half before adjustments are made. Man to man coverage, means McNabb hold the ball, gets sacked or is forced to run.

While most give Rod Gardner some credit, they wont give any to Darrius Thompson, in fact most don't know who he is. Which is understandable, but fail to realize we have WRs on our bench that could probably start ahead of all but maybe one of the Philly wideouts with names like Green and Lockett.

They speak of Shane Matthews with no respect, and while I agree he hasn't completely earned it yet, NFC honor not withstanding, they have to have been paying attention to how he has been thriving with his reunion with Spurrier and a system that suits him. The write off Stephen Davis with his injury not knowing that this guy plays and plays well when nicked, which is just about every week.

My point to all this, is why are they so confident? Why do they expect to come into our house and just "embarrass" us? Can't they even admit that this is going to be a tough game for them.

It's not a sure win for either side. We consistantly split the season with them and the score is always close. Even last year in their nfc championship game year, when we had a pretty crappy QB, we split the season.

I've seen a number of comments about when Shane came into the game for chicago during the playoffs he couldn't complete a pass against them. I don't they have paid much attention to the fact that Shane is now in a system that he had exceled in and not some set play, west coast offense that he played poorly in.

Mark, they are not confident, just loud. And ignorant, but we're about to fix that.

Back up a couple of days to Monday, you see a completely different tone to their boards. On Monday it was, "Andy Reid's a moron, he's ruining the season" and "Fifty-fifty at best against the Deadskins".

As the week has gone on they've found their peckers again and now the bravado prevails. But it must be based on faith and beer, cause for sure there was little in either team's opening game to give comfort to Iggle fans.

There is no doubt we could lose this game. Even very badly. But, that won't be due to anything we haven't seen and had success against from the Eagles. We run a system that will have snowball games where it gets bad and the team just can't get it going. This could be one. Ultimately though, we are a more talented team than the Eagles and if we continue to play up to that level we should handle them. The advantage they have is at QB and that is a spot where we will likely see more productivity out of on the season, minimizing that advantage. I expect the Eagles to be wondering what the heck happened because unlike us, we realize what could happen. They have no clue.

91/174 (%52.3), 882 yards, 7 TD, 6 INT, 65.78 QB Rateing

Those are McNabb's stats over the last three years combined against the Redskins. He has looked terrible against us for 6 games in a row.

He usually throws the same number of INT's as TD's against us, save for one game.

If we do NOT play zone, and play man to man, I like our chances.. I liked our chances BEFORE their injuries as well.

Here are McNabb's total career stats against us, passing stats (comp's/att's/yds/TD's/INT's) followed by run stats (rushes/yds/TD's), and then the final score of the game:

1999 week 10: 8/21/60/0/0; 9/49/0; W35-28

1999 week 12: 16/28/172/2/0; 8/71/0; L17-20

2000 week 6: 17/34/186/2/2; 5/43/0; L14-17

2000 week 13: 19/30/137/1/1; 11/125/1; W23-20

2001 week 11: 15/27/92/0/0; 3/39/0; L3-13

2001 week 14: 16/34/235/2/3; 7/25/0; W20-6

Win stats: 43/85/432/3/4; 27/199/1; W78-54

Win avg: 14/28/144/1/1; 9/66/0; W26-18

Loss stats: 48/89/450/4/4; 16/153/0; L34-50

Loss avg: 16/30/150/1/1; 5/51/0; L11-17

Interestingly, his losses tend to be slightly better passing days, and his wins have been slightly better running days. But there's little variation between his win stats and his loss stats against us.

Also, our wins tend to occur in lower scoring games, where the combined scores total around 38 points; our losses tend to average around 44 total points.

Originally posted by Art

I expect the Eagles to be wondering what the heck happened because unlike us, we realize what could happen. They have no clue.

Art I know you don't actually believe this. Of course the Eagles players know they can lose to the skins, it's happened once a year for the past 4 years, that's what makes it a great rivalry. This thread is about the Philadelphia fans who are looking past this game. The team itself doesn't look past its opponents, they know better. All us Eagles fans can do is talk trash leading up to the game about how we're going to shut down your team, the exact same thing that the Skins fans are doing to us. Look around, there are fans from both sides conceding that either team could win... its just the over-confident ones, like myself, who get under your skin.

:pint:

Stink,

It seems I neglected to put a "fans" after Eagles in the sentence you offered. I've no doubt your team is smart enough to know the trouble we've given them. I do have serious reservations about Philly faithful being capable of recognizing the same obvious history.

While I have reason to be over confident given the state of our teams and the growing talent and performance advantages we're seeing in Washington, the same confidence among Eagle fans simply reaks of ignorance. But, that probably is less surprising than simply how it's going to be, I know.

I can agree with one thing that stink said. The over confidence goes both ways. None of us here have ESP.. we all have ESPN though, so none of us really know what the end result will be.

I like to talk some trash, but I like to be realistic... you won't see me posting, "were gonna kill Philly cause they suck..." They suck.. maybe not as football team, but just in general.. but we still may be on the loosing end.

Originally posted by codeorama

I can agree with one thing that stink said. The over confidence goes both ways. None of us here have ESP.. we all have ESPN though, so none of us really know what the end result will be.

I like to talk some trash, but I like to be realistic... you won't see me posting, "were gonna kill Philly cause they suck..." They suck.. maybe not as football team, but just in general.. but we still may be on the loosing end.

WooHoo!! Signs of intelligence!

:pint:

Not all Eagle fans are looking past this game.

This can best be seen in the fact that there is so much talk of the game and probable outcome.

Growing up an Eagles fan in a Redskin household has really marked these matchups with extra anticipation and emotional attachment.

What makes it even more exciting is that both teams are actually good and will put up a decent battle.

Yes we are a little banged up and relying on McNabb to do to more than his share.

But, I believe the Redskins will take several gambles throughout the game, that we may be able to exploit.

The Redskin Passing game VS. the Eagles secondary should prove very exciting.

Good luck to both teams. It will be fun!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I am looking past this game. The Redskins are a joke. Yes, you beat the Cards, whoopty doo. You can't play against a real team. According to Art, the Redskins have superior talent everywhere, Gardner is the best wide receiver to come out in ages, the defense is the best ever. You are so blinded by your hopes that the Skins will be good. Yes you do sound like you know your football, but anything anyonr says is shot down by some opinions that the Redskins are somehoe better. Come on people, the Skins suck, and you will find out on Monday night.

:finger:

Did you look past each of the games we beat you when we have split the seasons, what the past 6 years?

Even if we don't win this game, when we split the season and beat you in December, it might be enough to kill your last shot at a playoff berth, that could be even more satisfying. :laugh:

BarnFowl,

In all sincerity, how did you grow up an Eagles fan in a Redskins household?

I could see the Cowboys and Giants, as those teams have been champions in the last 30 years.

How does one attach himself to the Eagles of all teams? It just isn't a glamour franchise. Did you grow up around Philly?

I'm not trying to bust on ya. I've just never heard of someone becoming an Eagle fan with such strong Redskin influences.

Originally posted by phillyphattymatt

I am looking past this game. The Redskins are a joke. Yes, you beat the Cards, whoopty doo. You can't play against a real team. According to Art, the Redskins have superior talent everywhere, Gardner is the best wide receiver to come out in ages, the defense is the best ever. You are so blinded by your hopes that the Skins will be good. Yes you do sound like you know your football, but anything anyonr says is shot down by some opinions that the Redskins are somehoe better. Come on people, the Skins suck, and you will find out on Monday night.

:finger:

Actually, Matty, none of what you said is precisely true. The Redskins do have superior talent everywhere, as compared to the Eagles. But that's not overly difficult to accomplish. That doesn't mean Gardner is the best wide receiver to come out in ages. That just means he's better than anything you have. That doesn't mean the defense is the best ever. It's just better than what you have.

While you call ME blinded by my hopes that the Skins will be good, I have to ask how you don't recognize clear talent mismatches throughout the roster in the Redskins favor and yet still think another person lacks clarity. Our second best linebacker was your best defensive player last year. Injuries and defections have weakened a solid unit. Additions have strengthened our solid unit. It's not unclear to anyone, but you.

It's not a slight against the Eagles that you lack great talent. As we've already discussed, our owner pays for talent and your owner does not. We SHOULD have more talent. You guys have an advantage at a position so key it tends to make you a better team. I've always said that. I do believe our performance from the QB will surpass yours making that advantage less, or non-existent, but, that's beside the point.

No one is saying you don't have some very strong players on your roster other than McNabb. Simon, Douglas, Dawkins, Vincent and Taylor are very strong players in particular. Thomas is a pretty strong tackle. You just lack the same number of strong individual talent that we have, just as we lack a proven winner like McNabb at the quarterback position.

I'll just try very hard to be as clear as you are from here out though since your thoughts are so compelling.

Phsilly doesn't have anything. Mcnabb is okay but what has he won? Nothing, not even a game this year. in college, he didn't win anything. Lavar is about to take his head off. Their leading reciever is someone we rejected. We took their best d player. If their secondary is so good how do the titans destroy it? They are coming to our house and are about to find out what we are all about.

Art,

While I agree that the Redskins do actually have superior talent to the Eagles, I don't think Matthews is superior to McNabb based on one week. I don't know if you were counting this position but the edge at QB does go to the Eagles. And you may have mentioned QB in an earlier post and I just didn't see it. But everywhere else except maybe DL goes to the Skins. Oh yeah, TE and placekicker too assuming Lewis is healthy.

Until I read through this thread, I used to think Puke fans were the most obnoxious, ignorant, fans around the NFL but this thread disproves that.

This just proves they're in second place behind the iggles fans. What a sick pathetic group. Utterly sick and pathetic. Not to mention totally uninformed.

HTTR

Tom,

I realize that McNabb is an advantage to the Eagles as compared to Matthews. I also know that when the year is said and done our QBs will have surpassed McNabb's passing numbers from last year and likely this year as well. That prediction helps negate the certain advantage the Eagles do unquestionably have at this spot. While I'm not going to say Matthews is superior to McNabb, it could be said fairly that Matthews may perform better in this system. Certainly a 3,500 yard season with 24 TDs, 18 INTs and a 60 percent completion percentage is reasonable and if attainable from our QBs, better production that most teams have gotten at that spot, including Philly.

Archived