Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

N. Korea Suggests It Can Strike U.S. First

herrmag

Because we don't routinely torture and starve millions of our own people. You can't discount that as you tried earlier. He doesn't care about his own people, why should he worry about the consequences of a nuclear attack against us.

Something needs to be done about Iran and North Korea. Israel will take care of Iran. It will be up to us to take out North Korea. A conventional war against their million man army will cost thousands and thousands of American lives. We have a nuclear arsenal at our disposal, so let's use it. It eliminates the problem and saves thousands of American lives.

But you're suggesting wiping an entire country of the map (3 actually). What is the point of being up in arms about the way they treat their people if we're just going to blow them all up?

I know it is hard, but try to seperate the human rights issue from the nuclear arms issue. They view us as an aggressor (rightfully so - not saying anything about the justification of attacking Irag, but we were the aggressor). So in their mind's they feel they may need to pre-emptively attack us so that we don't turn our aggression on them; something we have hinted that we may do.

Personally, i think something should be done about their human rights 'standards' but i just don't think blowing up the country is the right idea.

But you're suggesting wiping an entire country of the map (3 actually). What is the point of being up in arms about the way they treat their people if we're just going to blow them all up?

I know it is hard, but try to seperate the human rights issue from the nuclear arms issue. They view us as an aggressor (rightfully so - not saying anything about the justification of attacking Irag, but we were the aggressor). So in their mind's they feel they may need to pre-emptively attack us so that we don't turn our aggression on them; something we have hinted that we may do.

Personally, i think something should be done about their human rights 'standards' but i just don't think blowing up the country is the right idea.

Wow, you actually can sit there and reason why they want to attack us.

I wouldn't wipe out those countries entirely, especially Iran and Syria because of the valueable oil. It would be a strategic nuclear attack on all 3 countries, targeting their nuclear facilites and their major military sites.

750x750_asia_m.gif

See where NK is? That should tell you why we can't just go and nuke them. Their neighbors will likely take issue - China won't want nukes going off, South Korea won't want to be nuked, Russia isn't going to be happy either, and who knows what Japan thinks.

You can't? Its called objectivity. I love my country, but i don't for a second believe we are some innocent character that is simply trying to police the world.

It's called protecting your own people. No different than if someone threatened a family member. You nip it in the bud. You don't cower is some corner and wait to be attacked. Liberals and left wing hand wringers cower in the face of a threat. It's a proven fact.

750x750_asia_m.gif

See where NK is? That should tell you why we can't just go and nuke them. Their neighbors will likely take issue - China won't want nukes going off, South Korea won't want to be nuked, Russia isn't going to be happy either, and who knows what Japan thinks.

Neutron baby! Neutron.

None of that nasty fallout

750x750_asia_m.gif

If it took out N Korea, I don't think Japan would mind too much. ;)

If it took out N Korea, I don't think Japan would mind too much. ;)

Quite frankly, I don't think Russia or China would mind either. This Kim Jong dude has a screw lose and he could just as easily turn against them.

It's called protecting your own people. No different than if someone threatened a family member. You nip it in the bud. You don't cower is some corner and wait to be attacked. Liberals and left wing hand wringers cower in the face of a threat. It's a proven fact.

It's called mutual destruction. Even if those we nuke don't have the capabilty to nuke us back in time, someone else will do it. I assure you of that. So you aren't in fact protect yourself, your family, or your country. You are in fact putting them in grteater danger. I understand it is impossible for you to comprehend this, so in a way I feel sorry for you. But on the other hand, I realize your trembling hand isn't on the button, so I don't care to feel sorry for you.

It's called mutual destruction. Even if those we nuke don't have the capabilty to nuke us back in time, someone else will do it. I assure you of that. So you aren't in fact protect yourself, your family, or your country. You are in fact putting them in grteater danger. I understand it is impossible for you to comprehend this, so in a way I feel sorry for you. But on the other hand, I realize your trembling hand isn't on the button, so I don't care to feel sorry for you.

That's why liberalism is called a "mental disease". Your post is a prime example of someone that would rather cower in a corner than protect yourself. Did you get bullied in school?

Did i ever say we should cower? Hell, i never even said we shouldn't strike first. Therefore, your arguement if fundamentally flawed.

But for the sake of discussion lets say i did say we shouldn't attack. Don't we have ways of preventing weapons from making it to our shores?

That's why liberalism is called a "mental disease". Your post is a prime example of someone that would rather cower in a corner than protect yourself. Did you get bullied in school?

Who, besides you and other conservatives, called liberalism a 'mental disease'.

Link?

I thought those were outlawed?

Just one of those thoughts that keeps me warm at night.

Actually, all we have to do is stop feeding them. Then they're done. That, or we could sneak a nuke into the country, set it off near one of their "secret" facilities and just say, "Oh look, they must have been messing around with nukes and accidentally set one off" :D

See how easy that is?

Never got bullied in school.

And either way, where in my post did I suggest being passive about the situation?

Never got bullied in school.

I did - granted i didn't become liberal until late in high school, well after people stopped bullying me. So there goes that theory. :rolleyes:

This is getting out of hand with Iran and now North Korea. I would be in total support of a pre-emptive nuclear strike against North Korea, Iran, and Syria. Hell, we should do it on the same day and at the same time.

Why stop at Syria, Iran, and North Korea?

While you are at it you might as well pre-emptively strike every non American on the planet.

God bless American :thumbsup:

:laugh:

But for the sake of discussion lets say i did say we shouldn't attack. Don't we have ways of preventing weapons from making it to our shores?

We don't have a way to shoot down an InterContinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). That is Kim Jong and Iran's ultimate goal - to launch a nuclear missile from within their country that could reach the U.S. Remember, it was you liberals that shot down Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative.

Just one of those thoughts that keeps me warm at night.

Actually, all we have to do is stop feeding them. Then they're done. That, or we could sneak a nuke into the country, set it off near one of their "secret" facilities and just say, "Oh look, they must have been messing around with nukes and accidentally set one off" :D

See how easy that is?

So why dont we?

One of my biggest beefs with Bush is that he hasnt been ENOUGH of a hawk. NK should have been dealt with by now. And not with troops. So save the "well we could if we werent in Iraq" excuse.

We should have cut him off and sent in the sniper teams.

Why stop at Syria, Iran, and North Korea?

While you are at it you might as well pre-emptively strike every non American on the planet.

God bless American :thumbsup:

:laugh:

Nah, I think we should stick to countries that have publicly announced that they want to completely destroy America and/or Israel.

Archived