Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell in the Record books...

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I was browsing through the football records on NFL.com and I saw an interesting fact about Mark Brunell that was on there.........

....I search for this but I didnt find anything

Lowest Percentage, Passes Had Intercepted, Career (1,500 attempts)

2.11 Neil O'Donnell, Pittsburgh, 1991-95; N.Y. Jets, 1996-97; Cincinnati, 1998; Tennessee, 1999-2003 (3,229-68)

2.20 Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia, 1999-2004 (2,586-57)

2.37 Mark Brunell, Green Bay, 1994; Jacksonville, 1995-2003; Washington, 2004 (3,880-92)

Too bad Neil O'Donell was paid off to throw the Superbowl game against the cowgirls.

Thanks for pulling up those stats. One of the things I have used to argue against the Brunell bashers is that MB plays mistake-free football. The problem is, so many of these Redskins fans haven't seen a good QB play for us in a while, and seem to think the only way a QB can be any good is if he is young and has a lot of throw power. Trent Dilfer led a mediocre at best offense to the SB w/ the Ravens in 2000. Their defense carried them, but Dilfer played mistake-free football. A smart QB is the key.

Too bad Neil O'Donell was paid off to throw the Superbowl game against the cowgirls.

Thanks for pulling up those stats. One of the things I have used to argue against the Brunell bashers is that MB plays mistake-free football. The problem is, so many of these Redskins fans haven't seen a good QB play for us in a while, and seem to think the only way a QB can be any good is if he is young and has a lot of throw power. Trent Dilfer led a mediocre at best offense to the SB w/ the Ravens in 2000. Their defense carried them, but Dilfer played mistake-free football. A smart QB is the key.

That is basically how the Bears made th playoffs this season. Orton just made a concerted effort not to LOSE the game while they relied primarily on Thomas Jones, defense, and Nathan Vasher returning field goals for TDs. The beauty of Mark Brunell is that he plays mistake free football but he can still put up points and get yardage, he's still a big factor for us.

Exactly. So many people here think a cannon arm is the answer when it's the quick decision guys are the ones that always lead their team to the big game. I know it can be frustrating watching Brunell throwing it away at times but it's much better than forcing a pass into heavy coverage or folding up and taking the sack. 2nd and 10 is much better than 2nd and 17 or a turnover.

I think his good decision making alone will help us get to the next level..not to mention he has more options this upcoming season

Also it makes me happy to see that a QB that is known to make good decisions is grooming our future QB...

i take comfort in this as well, JC making sound decisions + his athleticism = great future for the skins. i'm hoping mark teaches him well

Of course I wont point out Brunell was in the bottom 10 QBs in the league in turnovers(with 16).

Oh wait I did :-P

Everyone loves stats!

You are correct in the stats but what you are missing is that he can make sound decisions...

Mark did fumble alot but Jason Campbell is not learning from his mishaps as far as holding onto the ball, he is seeing that Brunell is not forcing the ball and is consistent with what to do when he holds onto it.

I was browsing through the football records on NFL.com and I saw an interesting fact about Mark Brunell that was on there.........

....I search for this but I didnt find anything

Lowest Percentage, Passes Had Intercepted, Career (1,500 attempts)

2.11 Neil O'Donnell, Pittsburgh, 1991-95; N.Y. Jets, 1996-97; Cincinnati, 1998; Tennessee, 1999-2003 (3,229-68)

2.20 Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia, 1999-2004 (2,586-57)

2.37 Mark Brunell, Green Bay, 1994; Jacksonville, 1995-2003; Washington, 2004 (3,880-92)

So you're saying he won't win a super bowl?

Of course I wont point out Brunell was in the bottom 10 QBs in the league in turnovers(with 16).

Oh wait I did :-P

Everyone loves stats!

Delhomme, Brees, Favre, Sheli, Bleedsoe, Brady, Frerotte, Orton, Harrington and Dilfer all had more. Whoops! That looks like 10 guys with more turnovers!! And there are some very good QBs on that list! :shhh:

Want more? Okay: Brooks, Vick and Carr all had more. Whoops, that's 13 guys with more turnovers!! Collins had the same amount! :shhh:

But wait, Brunell was in the top half of QBs in rating, the top half in yards and top 10 in TD passes! Wow!!

Nice try, Brunell hater...

Thanks for pulling up those stats. One of the things I have used to argue against the Brunell bashers is that MB plays mistake-free football.

Missed 2004, the 2005 Arizona game, Tampa, KC, the INT for TD vs. NYG in a critical division game, the Tampa playoff game or the sure INT that bounced off a Seahawk into Moss' hands, did we?

Since when is refusing to throw to open people not a mistake?

Missed 2004, the 2005 Arizona game, Tampa, KC, the INT for TD vs. NYG in a critical division game, the Tampa playoff game or the sure INT that bounced off a Seahawk into Moss' hands, did we?

Since when is refusing to throw to open people not a mistake?

Get real dude, if Brunell 'refused' to throw to open recievers, dont you think our coaching staff would have recognized that? Dont you think they would have given Ramsey more playing time if that were the case, especially knowing that we were going to be trading him this spring. I would hope that our coaches are smart enough to see an opportunity like that, if our starter was as lousy as you say he was, to play a man they knew they would be trading in hopes to get better than a 6th round pick for a first round draft choice. But Im sure you already thought about this.

Actually both gift wrapped passes to larry brown were the result of a rookie WR who ran the wrong routes, BOTH times. Sucks when people automatically assume its the QB's fault. Not saying that about you but he is the one remembered for it and not the WR.

Archived