Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens and Quaterbacks (Merge)

Staylor21

TO was not personally a factor, but his affect on the game was apparent. Your defense, ranked third that year, I believe, gave up 100 yards to Pinkston - twice. Those games actually accounted for two of his top three yardage totals of the year. It seems apparent you were dedicating alot of your defense to TO, leaving others open. Glenn is 5 times the receiver Pinkston is. I don't think you'll be able to dedicate AS much attention to TO, with Glenn on the other side.

It also seemingly opened up some more rush lanes. Your run defense, very good, gave up 5 ypc to Westbrook in both games. Allowed him over 100 total yards. Julius is no Westbrook, but if allowed 4.5-5 ypc, he can do some damage.

TO affected those games quite a bit.

ok WE can agree on one thing T.O. is not a factor (personally), but I will agree he could open the other receivers up.

but I can not agree with Glenn being 5 times the receiver Pinkston is. Glenn hasnt done anything to impress me. In fact, I remember him letting up like a scared school girl with alligator arms when S.T. was in the area.

if you think S.T and A.A will let Glenn or Julius get anywhere, you're smoking sumthin good.

in fact I wouldnt even know who Glenn or Julius was if it wasnt for the fact we played u (i mean pulverized u) last yr.

Well, if you didn't know, or didn't think much of Glenn before, I'd prepare to be a little surprised this year, now that he's not our only deep threat. I mean, he finished tied for first in ypc in the NFL last year, and that was with a player who had 20 less receptions than he did. Dude can make it happen down the field.

I also never claimed that TO did anything in either game. It just seems that he affected it more than his stat line would suggest, in benefits to other players.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't affect a game. Any coach would be stupid to not gameplan for TO. But what you are trying to do is give TO credit for beating us in those games when in reality he got shut down. TO got shut down and they beat us in other ways, good for them. But our team sucked in 2004. We were a 6-10 team that year and yet G. Williams figured out a way to shut down TO at all costs. Thats the only reason people on this board are not overly worried about TO in Dallas. He's not as scary in Dallas in those surroundings as he was in Philly. We are very confident in our defense. Especially against Dallas. (see: 2005)

Suffice to say "Spizzunk" is killing you boys over here. Anyone who thinks TO isn't gonna help Bledsoe needs to quit sniffing glue.

What has Jeff Garcia done since TO left him?????? NOTHING

Look at McNabbs numbers when he had TO. His best season yet.

And on another note. When Culpepper had Moss he was MVP candidate. Without him and his team dumps him.

The jist of this is Bigtime WR's make quarterbacks better. Expect big things from Bledsoe next year.

FYI - Owens has never lost against the Redskins.

What... ?

Don't try and make up something out of thin air. At the very least off the top of my head, weat beat SF in the '99 season. He had one reception in that game, IIRC. Other than the two times against Philly (and one loss to SF in '02), I can't even think of how often he has faced the 'Skins.

Certainly Bledsoe isn't close to the other guys you mentioned above, he's more like brunell. That being said, I think one of the reasons he was brought in was to protect under the blitz.

Take the skins for example......you guys blitz all the time, its the only way for you to get pressure on the quarterback. Now do you really believe you will blitz as much with TO out there? He can read the blitz, run inside, and take a 5 yard pass to the house. Its what he's done throughout his career.

blitz and leave sean taylor back there.. it will like the patrick crayton hit but this time with t.o.. and besides, taylor can run with owen anyday... so t.o. aint taking nothing to the house on us....

Neither is Brandon Lloyd, yet Skins fans continually bring up his torching of the Cowboys last year. Fact is, even though GW seems to have a handle on stopping TO, the individual, he can't seem to stop the team - as in 2004, Pinkston went for about 100 in both Skins games, and Westbrook had pretty nice days as well - and the Skins lost both games.

So my point there is, even if TO is handled, he still impacts the game.

Yes, but we never went as far as to make a comment such as, "Brandon Lloyd is undefeated vs. The Cowboys". (And I am well aware that he is probably not, so please, don't even play that card.)

Yeah, Crayton vs Taylor matchups are fun. I remember the one a couple years ago where Crayton burned him for the winning touchdown......good times, good times.

Didn't both teams have losing records that year. And didn't that game have absolutely no effect on...well, anything. While when Taylor put Crayton on his back, when it looked as if it would have easily of been a first down, that game actually turned out to have big playoff implications.

Basically Crayton burning Taylor for a TD was meaningless while Taylor's hit on Crayton got us into the playoffs. And before you talk about anybody getting burnt, you should take a look at your boy Williams, just a thought.:silly:

The jist of this is Bigtime WR's make quarterbacks better. Expect big things from Bledsoe next year.
I guess Mark Brunell is going to have a career high in TD passes again this year. Who is Dallas's offensive coordinator? Basically the two big WR signings by the Skins forced Jerry Jones to make a huge splash--TO--in order to keep up with the Joneses, since he's used to being the Jones that everyone has to keep up with. TO is going to hate Dallas, and I guarantee that Roy Williams isn't the only person in Dallas that hates TO.

The Redskins are going to clinch the division by week 13.

Suffice to say "Spizzunk" is killing you boys over here. Anyone who thinks TO isn't gonna help Bledsoe needs to quit sniffing glue.

What has Jeff Garcia done since TO left him?????? NOTHING

Look at McNabbs numbers when he had TO. His best season yet.

And on another note. When Culpepper had Moss he was MVP candidate. Without him and his team dumps him.

no one can say that your newest brokeback member is not one of the most talented WR's in the game, probably ever. but there is one sure thing about TO and QB's, one fact that cannot be denied. no matter how good the QB TO will eventually redicule him, spread rumors about him, blame him for everything, call him out in the media and publicly insult him as soon as he doesnt get his way.

congratulations, you have just aqcuired the only ego to ever be kicked off of 2 teams in 3 years.

It's going to be exciting football this upcoming season within our division.

I do have to admit though.....as much as I'd hate to say it because I am a die hard Skins fan

TO will make Bled a better QB this season.....and at times Dallas will look like geniuses for signing TO......But we all know that one day when TO will blow up at source A,B and C...thats when D goes down.

I still like our moves a bit better.....we have great depth at the WR position. I'd much rather have teams worrying about all of our WR's vs just one (T.O)

Neither is Brandon Lloyd, yet Skins fans continually bring up his torching of the Cowboys last year. Fact is, even though GW seems to have a handle on stopping TO, the individual, he can't seem to stop the team - as in 2004, Pinkston went for about 100 in both Skins games, and Westbrook had pretty nice days as well - and the Skins lost both games.

So my point there is, even if TO is handled, he still impacts the game.

Nah Lloyd was his own team in SF.

3 different QBs accounting for 8 passing TD's. 5 of them went to Lloyd

I was really excited about acquiring T.O. but you guys over here at ES are really smart and I'm beggining to believe that it won't work now. You guys are masters at shutting down T.O. and we only scored 20 pts against you last year. T.O. can only solve but so much.. besides he's probably horrified with the thought of Sean Taylor. In actuality, T.O. was probably a crap signing and the Cowboys will pay. Whereas the skins offseason has been pretty much perfect to this point. Dallas at best, will finish 3rd in the division while N.Y. and Wash will battle for the division giving Wash. the slight edge.

I was really excited about acquiring T.O. but you guys over here at ES are really smart and I'm beggining to believe that it won't work now. You guys are masters at shutting down T.O. and we only scored 20 pts against you last year. T.O. can only solve but so much.. besides he's probably horrified with the thought of Sean Taylor. In actuality, T.O. was probably a crap signing and the Cowboys will pay. Whereas the skins offseason has been pretty much perfect to this point. Dallas at best, will finish 3rd in the division while N.Y. and Wash will battle for the division giving Wash. the slight edge.

thanks for admitting it man...:applause:

Archived