Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN: Marcus Washington

EvoSkins

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insidedishsaintseagertog&prov=tsn&type=lgns

One reason the Redskins are spending money with so much confidence in the free-agent market wears No. 53 for them. Signed as a free agent two years ago, LB Marcus Washington has been an outstanding addition who brings leadership and professionalism to the Redskins' locker room. Every week, he watches extra tape and spends more time in the weight room than required. He even has made use of the team dietitian to help him plan his meals away from the facility. On more than one occasion, team trainers have told coaches Washington was too beat up to practice, but Washington has refused to sit out. Redskins linebackers are required to give a report on their upcoming opponent every Friday, and Washington invariably points out something that escaped the coaching staff. . . .

I love watching Washington on the sideline, he's always fired up. On the field he's all over the place. After the play he's slapping guy's on the helmet and talking them up. He epitomizes "TEAM". I'd say he's the best FA pickup period.

He is also my 2nd favorite right after s.taylor and one video of him I love is that one redskins.comtv video where after a game on the field he just talks about " i dont know nothing about cars, i dont know nothing about computers, im just a football player, thats all i know... football " that to me just empitomizes his great attitude. Anyone else remember that video?

Most all our free agents signings have been money. Geez, could even say Brunnel too. This year will be no different. I think Carter will be the biggest surprise.

If you look at his past performance at DE, I'm not sure how he would surprise anyone... the guy is just amazing whn healthy and playing in his element (NOT linebacker).

Marcus Washington is the man.

The man defines "professional."

He's one of our top 2-3 Defensive players and has been our best LB since the first snap he took. He's easily one of the leagues least-noticed players. I hope he stays that way, but gains more appreciation in DC.

Washington has been a great pick-up...no doubt about it. however...

1) Santana has been an even picker pickup (even if not an FA - he wasn't home grown)

2) We will see how things play out this season. The one thing LA brought to the defense was a physical presence none of the other LBs have. If we bring in brand X to play weakside/strongside LB other teams are going to run at his side until we demonstrate we can stop it. washington is also going to receive more attention with strong side TE. Oddly...the key to all of this, assuming we do go with brand X, is oging to be CB depth. We will continue to have to rely on strong CB play off the edge and that, as we have seen, has led to a higher injury rate.

Did anybody catch that quick clip of M. Washington dancing like he was in a club right before Alstott got the handoff to beat us on that last second two pointer, HILARIOUS, despite the outcome. He jsut was so relaxed and ready to play . . .

Archived