Who's the Better Rapper?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Better Rapper?

• Brandon Lloyd
    • Terrell Owens

Afghan Man Faces Death for Allegedly Converting to Christianity

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188364,00.html

Sunday , March 19, 2006

KABUL, Afghanistan — An Afghan man who allegedly converted from Islam to Christianity is being prosecuted in a Kabul court and could be sentenced to death, a judge said Sunday.

The defendant, Abdul Rahman, was arrested last month after his family went to the police and accused him of becoming a Christian, Judge Ansarullah Mawlavezada told the Associated Press in an interview. Such a conversion would violate the country's Islamic laws.

Rahman, who is believed to be 41, was charged with rejecting Islam when his trial started last week, the judge said.

During the hearing, the defendant allegedly confessed that he converted from Islam to Christianity 16 years ago when he was 25 and working as a medical aid worker for Afghan refugees in neighboring Pakistan, Mawlavezada said.

Afghanistan's constitution is based on Shariah law, which states that any Muslim who rejects their religion should be sentenced to death.

"We are not against any particular religion in the world. But in Afghanistan, this sort of thing is against the law," the judge said. "It is an attack on Islam. ... The prosecutor is asking for the death penalty."

The prosecutor, Abdul Wasi, said the case was the first of its kind in Afghanistan.

He said that he had offered to drop the charges if Rahman changed his religion back to Islam, but the defendant refused.

Mawlavezada said he would rule on the case within two months.

Afghanistan is a deeply conservative society and 99 percent of its 28 million people are Muslim. The rest are mainly Hindus.

Question1: Is converting to Christianity (or any other religion from Islam) "an attack on Islam"? Maybe some Muslims out here can answer.

Question2: From President Bush down we hear that Islam "is really a peaceful religion." So is it within the true teachings of Islam, and is it JUST in the eyes of true Muslims, to kill this man for converting to a faith other than Islam?

And this is why I am never converting to Christianity

Because you think someone will kill you for doing so? Maybe you live in a country where it would be true. I hope not. But accepting truth--if it's real truth--is never dependent on outside circumstances.

Truth is truth. It should always be followed no matter the consequences.

I bet you this is all BS. I means its Fox News. They are just trying to "prove" that the US needs to help a nation so "backwards" that it cannot help itself. I bet you 97% of the report is fabricated.

Man, I hate Fox News. :doh:

Oh the joy of witnessing the thriving democracy that is post-Taliban Afghanistan casting the warm glow of freedom on the rest of the Arab world. I'm sure that with just a few billion more spent there on schools and hospitals they'll eventually reduce the penalty for accepting Christ to just life in prison. We must not stop dreaming the big dream!

:doh:

Talk about a slap in the face.... this kind of thing really ticks me off.

I bet you this is all BS. I means its Fox News. They are just trying to "prove" that the US needs to help a nation so "backwards" that it cannot help itself. I bet you 97% of the report is fabricated.

I'd take that bet. They got it from the Associated Press. I actually think the real truth is that this type of thing happens way more than is reported in the news. As a matter of fact, I know it does. Like one poster said, normally the family just kills the convert. This made the news because it went to trial.

Because you think someone will kill you for doing so? Maybe you live in a country where it would be true. I hope not. But accepting truth--if it's real truth--is never dependent on outside circumstances.

Truth is truth. It should always be followed no matter the consequences.

Maybe if you held that standard to the war, and invasion of Iraq, we'd have already pulled out right? I mean EVERYONE told the president and Rummy that they needed more troops, the generals on the ground said the same things, he lied about it to the American people. Truth is truth right? Or is that only when you agree with the side?

Maybe if you held that standard to the war, and invasion of Iraq, we'd have already pulled out right? I mean EVERYONE told the president and Rummy that they needed more troops, the generals on the ground said the same things, he lied about it to the American people. Truth is truth right? Or is that only when you agree with the side?

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about?

This is a news report that highlights that Islamic Shariah law still "sticks to its guns" that all Muslims that convert to another religion must die.

No idea how you're throwing Iraq and Rummy into all this, Chom.

Oh the joy of witnessing the thriving democracy that is post-Taliban Afghanistan casting the warm glow of freedom on the rest of the Arab world. I'm sure that with just a few billion more spent there on schools and hospitals they'll eventually reduce the penalty for accepting Christ to just life in prison. We must not stop dreaming the big dream!

:doh:

Talk about a slap in the face.... this kind of thing really ticks me off.

The Middle East doesn't need democracy. It needs a couple of nukes dropped on it.

The Middle East doesn't need democracy. It needs a couple of nukes dropped on it.

Hell yea!! Seventy-year old guys talking about dropping nukes!! After we exterminate the population, we can turn the area into a giant enclosed penal colony/landfill! That will show the Muslims that aren't dead that we Mean Business

Right. Stick to the left-wing, proven-to-be-fabricated news of CBS. :rolleyes:

all for it if the rest of the world wouldnt turn on us. i say get the women and children out, get the troops out, veryify pasports of citizens of allied nations and just destroy that area of the world becuase what have they recently done to better humanity? i think the last great muslim acomplishemt was back when they were sane, when they invented algebra... what happened to those good muslims???

Archived