Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deer Hunting, Florida Style (Gigantic Gator)

jrockster21

You crazy girl , hell my nuts draw up everytime I have to get out of the boat :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Gators like to go tubing? Who knew? :)

He was seen near the boat a few times. After a few :40oz: :pint: :chug: :2drunks: :beerglass I was not afraid of anything. :laugh:

Actually it's not. The deer down here in Fl are small. We're talking the size of a large dog more often then not. Just about everybody I know who hunt deer, go out of state because of the size difference. I'm guessing that the deer in the pic is about 60 to 70 lbs.

Actually it's not. The deer down here in Fl are small. We're talking the size of a large dog more often then not. Just about everybody I know who hunt deer, go out of state because of the size difference. I'm guessing that the deer in the pic is about 60 to 70 lbs.

I've seen a few big deer....there aren't many, but they are out there. Could be a Key Deer as well...:laugh: those things are really tiny.

:laugh: :laugh:

He was seen near the boat a few times. After a few :40oz: :pint: :chug: :2drunks: :beerglass I was not afraid of anything. :laugh:

That is a mandatory requirement for tubing ain't it? :cheers:

Even without gators :laugh:

I've seen a few big deer....there aren't many, but they are out there. Could be a Key Deer as well...:laugh: those things are really tiny.

Agreed, there are some larger deer, more so in the northern part of the state where the pic is from. There are also some pretty big gators, but both are more the exception.

Nothing like the deer we had in the north east. Now those were some big tasty suckers.....

nice pics Jrock! I have a building lot on that lake, the Ocala National Forrest wraps around the lake and is full of game, deer, wild boar, wild turkeys, bears, panthers, bald eagles......the lake is 10miles wide and 20 miles long and is part of St. Johns River that flows north to the Atlantic.

Most of the water comes from springs. The water is brackish so it supports both fresh and salt water species. Besides the states largest gators and bass, you'll also find sharks, manatees, stingrays, mackeral, grouper........and who knows really!

I will start building a house there in a couple years to spend my winters, as St Pete is getting crowded with condos and people.

Most of the water comes from springs. The water is brackish so it supports both fresh and salt water species. Besides the states largest gators and bass, you'll also find sharks, manatees, stingrays, mackeral, grouper........and who knows really!

Forget watching your dogs, I'd be too busy watching myself! That place sounds like a wildlife enthusiasts dream though, pretty cool, I might have to make a visit to the park one day during the summer or some other time.

That is insane. Those things can get huge.

I remember seeing something in a newspaper about a giant python that lives in the swamps down south. In most cases, people let their pet snake go and they get to be gigantic.

Down in my area, we have a problem with Nile Moniter lizards. Same deal, people release them when they get tired of them as pets. The males get up to 6+ ft, and are doing a number on the native wildlife, along with small dogs, and cats.

An old news story from last fall, dunno if you guys heard about it:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1006_051006_pythoneatsgator.html

"October 6, 2005—Unfortunately for a 13-foot (4-meter) Burmese python in Florida's Everglades National Park, eating the enemy seems to have caused the voracious reptile to bust a gut—literally.

Wildlife researchers with the South Florida Natural Resources Center found the dead python last week after it apparently tried to digest a 6-foot-long (2-meter-long) American alligator. The mostly intact dead gator was found sticking out of a hole in the midsection of the python, and wads of gator skin were found in the snake's gastrointestinal tract..."

Rest of article is at the link...

051006pythoneatsgator3tb.jpg

Forget watching your dogs, I'd be too busy watching myself! That place sounds like a wildlife enthusiasts dream though, pretty cool, I might have to make a visit to the park one day during the summer or some other time.

Now is a good time the lake stays around 72 degrees because of the springs.

here's some links to the Ocala Nat. Forrest recreation opportunities: 4 wheeling, hunting, camping, scuba diving......

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/recreation/index_oca.shtml

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/crossflorida/trails/ocala_nat_forest.htm

Down in my area, we have a problem with Nile Moniter lizards. Same deal, people release them when they get tired of them as pets. The males get up to 6+ ft, and are doing a number on the native wildlife, along with small dogs, and cats.

:rubeyes: :yikes: :rubeyes:

monitor_tongue.jpg

Archived