Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any way to get a job with the 'Skins?

SMOSS89

I've always wondered if there are any opportunities to get a job with the skins in any capacity (some office assistant to working with Skins.com TV)....does anyone here have any insight?

I really wanna know just outta curiousity more than actually trying to get a job

Working for the Redskins is not necessarily the fantasy job you might think it is. I think you guys imagine bumping into players and running into mr. snyder at the coffee pot. They are all not glamour jobs.

i know that

but i thought it would be cool to work somewhere where everyone is a skins fan, and also to just to work for my favorite team basicly

i know that

but i thought it would be cool to work somewhere where everyone is a skins fan, and also to just to work for my favorite team basicly

Well they may or may not all be Redskins fans...but one thing their probably not doign is sitting around talking free agency. Behind the scenes it is a professional organization run like a professional business.

I knew someone who worked with computers for the skins, and TK and Andyman are correct when being a fan doesn't matter. The organization wants you to do a job and not worry about who you might run into. If you want a job with them then say you want to help with creating a multimedia entertainment industry giant. With Redskins Radio starting soon, there are areas you can find work.

Well they may or may not all be Redskins fans...but one thing their probably not doign is sitting around talking free agency. Behind the scenes it is a professional organization run like a professional business.

yeh but if you could work for a professional organization, it mine as well be for your favorite nfl team

Thanks TK for info from the other thread.....the thing I wanna know is the PROCESS for this kinda thing...i mean do you just walk up to redskins park???? Im sure there has to be more to it than that.

And if i wanted to get a job there, i probly wouldnt use the "been a fan my whole life" ploy, and would probably say what they wanna hear in terms of what my abilities are and relate that to what they were looking for

nfl.com

Along the left edge is a blue menu. At the bottom are "Team Jobs" and "League Jobs." Click "Team Jobs," and you'll see jobs with specific teams.

Just a few days ago, there were 2 positions with the Redskins: a sales rep for club-level seats, and some kind of high-octane assistant, I think.

Create an account and apply online; I think it's pretty easy. You just need to luck into the right job with the right skill set.

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm?supcat=318&supcat_name=Sales%20%26%20Marketing#8518

The Washington Redskins are seeking an experienced sales and marketing professional to join our Sales and Marketing team as Director/VP of Corporate Sponsorship Sales. Qualified individuals possess strong relationship skills and will be responsible for the development of corporate marketing partnerships integrating broadcast, signage, promotions, internet advertising, hospitality, tickets and all other marketing resources.

Specific Responsiblities Include: Sale of corporate sponsorship accounts with the underlying goal of generating maximum net revenue. Generate new sponsorship revenue by identifying and prioritizing prospective sponsors and partners through various channels. Create and sell marketing/advertising programs utilizing all existing team controlled inventory.

Requirements: Must be dynamic, outgoing, self-motivated individual with a proven tack record in developing corporate and/or media driven partnerships. Must have highly referencable sales experience with a minimum of five (5) years in corporate sponsorship. Media sales experience is a plus.

The successful candidate must be creative and have prior experience creating sponsorship revenue for a team or event and proven experience in annually generating $1+ million dollars in new business through large six and seven figure sponsorship deals. Further, we seek an individual who is familiar with the integration of sponsorships with expertise in meeting the sponsors' business objectives through a proprietary association with a sports team, event or athlete. This individual must be detail oriented, relationship driven and have a demonstrated track record of producing individual results within the context of a collaborative group sales force.

We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. If you wish to be a part of this fast paced organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please apply online. The Washington Redskins are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: I have highly referencable sales experience with a minimum of five (5) years in corporate sponsorship

Apply for this position | Go back job listings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show an aptitude for kicking a ball throught the uprights from 50 yards out.

:laugh: Good one.

I don't think you would even need an interview for that one.

As for the Cowboys, you would only need to show an aptitude for kicking an extra point.

I worked with the Skins in 1999 and it was the best experience of my life. I was a PR intern, and just called and found out who the head of PR was and sent a letter explaining my interest in a position and my resume. A few months later, I am interviewing Stephen Davis and Skip Hicks about their preseason battle for the starting RB position. We all know how that turned out.

It was extremely stressful, but I met and interacted with a lot of people that I never imagined that I would. That experience pretty much got me my next job and has really helped my career.

I would recommend deciding what field you want to focus on and calling to see who you should contact. Heck, it could not hurt.

Archived