4. Mario Williams

5. Huff

6. V. Davis

7. AJ Hawk - should fall b/c LBs are overvalued pre-draft

Prospects with higher variances:

8. Vince - more of a winner than Vick

9. Cutler - has all the throws but too many bad ones

DTs sign big contracts and get fat.

I strongly believe Bush, Leinart, Williams, and Brick are the first 4 off the board. I think picks 5-10 are really interesting. SF and GB should have enough "needs" fall to them that they would not pay much to trade up and will be happy with Davis, Huff, or Brick. I think where Cutler and Vince go are the big wildcards. If they go high, SF and GB will be very happy.

I'd love to have some picks in the low to mid-20s.

"Can't-Miss Prospects" that's a misnomer. I see Bush, D'Brick, M Williams and V. Davis as the best pros to come out of this draft just based on their measureables and college body of work. As always though we can't foresee which unknown will work hard and become an elite pro. Draft is a crapshoot...but I wish we had some picks in the mid 20's too!!!

No such thing as can't miss. Take Bush for example of all the players listed imo he has fair chance of busting out. He had a great college career but if he goes to Houston he'll be behind the worst offensive line in football and he'll be on a team that already has great a back in Davis (which will eat into his carries). Chances are after a couple of years his production will not have matched his draft status and the bust lable could loom.

Here are mine...

Cant Miss Prospects:

Richard Marshall/CB/Fresno State

Cedric Griffin/CB/Texas

Reggie Bush/HB/USC

D'Brickashaw Ferguson/OL/Virginia

Mark Anderson/DE/Alabama

Vernon Davis/TE/Maryland

A.J Hawk/LB/Ohio State

Victory Adeyanju/DE/Indiana

Demeco Ryans/LB/Alabama

Leonard Pope/TE/Georgia

High Bust, High Reward Players:

Vince Young/QB/Texas

Antonio Cromartie/CB/Florida State

Daryll Tapp/DE/Virginia Tech

Parys Haralson/DE/Tennessee

Here are mine...

Vince Young/QB/Texas

disagree about haralson, he is a FORCE, and if UT had a better season this year, he'd be regarded as a first rounder. he's a steal if the skins can get him.

No such thing. College stats are only mildly indictitive of what a player will do in the pros. As far as Bush being a can't miss I've got two words - Desmond Howard.

I was thinking that exactly as I was reading this thread. I hope for his sake he has a much more fulfilling career than Howard.

Here are mine...

Cant Miss Prospects:

Richard Marshall/CB/Fresno State

Cedric Griffin/CB/Texas

Reggie Bush/HB/USC

D'Brickashaw Ferguson/OL/Virginia

Mark Anderson/DE/Alabama

Vernon Davis/TE/Maryland

A.J Hawk/LB/Ohio State

Victory Adeyanju/DE/Indiana

Demeco Ryans/LB/Alabama

Leonard Pope/TE/Georgia

Vince Young/QB/Texas

I like a lot of the players on your "can't-miss" list, but I don't think I would define them in that way. Players like Adeyanju, Anderson, and Marshall could be good, but they aren't the seemingly surefire successes that I would consider M. Williams, V, Davis, A.J. Hawk, and even H. Ngata.

disagree about haralson, he is a FORCE, and if UT had a better season this year, he'd be regarded as a first rounder. he's a steal if the skins can get him.

What exactly do you envision him doing for the 'Skins? He won't fit as a 4-3 DE because he hasn't got the requisite size, and he won't fit as a 4-3 OLB because he hasn't got the speed/agility or coverage skills. He would be a nice Demarcus Ware-style player, but that doesn't do us much good. For all his abilities, he would be a pure 3rd and long passrusher for us.

No such thing. College stats are only mildly indictitive of what a player will do in the pros. As far as Bush being a can't miss I've got two words - Desmond Howard.
I got one that might beat him how about the great Heath Shuler #5. This was going to be the Redskin QB of the future at that time.

Archived