Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What to do with the 53rd pick?

HoyaSkins28

No way do you go for o-line depth with a 2nd round pick....We have 5 picks on day 2 of the draft that could be used to address depth on both lines but a pick in the top 3 rounds must be spent on a player that you either envisions starting or being a major contrbutor....

1 Linebacker

2. Nickel Corner

Those should be our only 2 options.....

I have found that Madden is actually pretty accurate at analyzing skill level and they have our pick from last year Robert McCune rated pretty high for speed 85 ( Arrington was a 88 comparatively) and his size is excellent. I think about 6-3 253....I look for him to challenge for that LB spot. We need another CB and we aslo need O line help. I still look for a CB or a safety we can use as both a nickel CB and back up safety to be drafted. Don't forget we lost Bowen, Stoutmire, and Clark and added Archuletta=minus 2 for safety depth.When its said and done though I think it's LB, Corner or even another taller reciever like Maurice Stovall. None of those directions would surprise me. With all the depth at reciever the tallest one is still only 6 ft or 6-1 ( Brandon Lloyd).Stovall's 6-5. We need that redzone and highball threat. I look for of our weaker recievers to be let go or dropped to the practice squad. I'm comfident in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. Patten is solid but he has some years on him.

Cornerback is my choice right now. Of course it all depends on who is available. I would consider a LB as well. OL we should fill in with free agency and in the late rounds. We just need backups there. At CB or LB we could use a guy who could potentially start in the future.

I think a LB if a good one is available. Odell Thurman and Lofa Tatupu were extremely productive 2nd rounders last year and Channing Crowder went in the 3rd round. If we could get somebody of that caliber in the 2nd round then we should just plug them in the starting lineup. If not get a CB because I don't trust Jimoh to cover anybody.

Assuming they don't trade it away...LB, CB or OG. There should be some good ones there.

But after seeing the Ike Taylor rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins traded that pick to the Steelers for Taylor. When look at what the Skins have done this offseason, it makes sense.

Cornerback is my choice right now. Of course it all depends on who is available. I would consider a LB as well. OL we should fill in with free agency and in the late rounds. We just need backups there. At CB or LB we could use a guy who could potentially start in the future.

i agree. think about how great it would be to have two young and capable corners for seasons to come. now is the time to draft a cb, while springs is around, that can be groomed for a few seasons, so when springs is gone, he has nickel experience and can make the transition to cb seamlessly.

Archived