Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Myth: Redskins backfield not strong enough

TryTheBeal!

Here are some cool stats for Eagle and Redskin fans.

Brunell career reg. season:

59% comp, 30K yds, 174 Tds, 102 Ints

DMac reg season:

58% comp, 19K yds, 134 Tds, 66 Ints

Brunell postseason:

5-5 156comp-307atts 1833 yds 11Tds 11Ints

Horsetooth postseason:

7-5 249comp-419atts 2630 yds 18Tds 12Ints

#5 is younger than #8 but, Mcnabb has taken a beating of late while Brunell been Ok for the most part.

They both used to run a bunch, but I think all can agree that the scramble is a last resort for both QBs now...although both can still be very effective.

Both have career winning percentages as starters and thats not easy!

Both have had their moments in the playoffs but ultimately came up short.

As far as the RBs, I'll let WB crunch those numbers. They wont take away from my point, which is this.

If Eagles fans think that McNabb is a potential SB champion QB, then by the numbers, the same opinion can be reasonably applied to Brunell. They possess similar styles and numbers with an edge going to McNabb based on his youth - although that edge is mitigated by the beating he took last year and the serious off-season surgery he is recovering from.

WB, thats how it's done brother.

Is this thread seriously comparing Brunnell and McNabb? Hey, Favre has better career stats....I guess he'll have a better 06!

Favre might do anything. You might read the post and see how the arguement is logically constructed and defensible. Think of it as one to grow on, sensitive, brash young Eagle fan - a beacon to illuminate your kinds shadowy existence spent in the sewers and ghettos of the NFL.

Favre might do anything. You might read the post and see how the arguement is logically constructed and defensible. Think of it as one to grow on, sensitive, brash young Eagle fan - a beacon to illuminate your kinds shadowy existence spent in the sewers and ghettos of the NFL.

boyd, I like you.....I really do. But honestly, I don't think YOU believe Brunnell is in the same ballpark as McNabb in 06.

Oh snap, personal attack :(

If Eagles fans think that McNabb is a potential SB champion QB, then by the numbers, the same opinion can be reasonably applied to Brunell. They possess similar styles and numbers with an edge going to McNabb based on his youth - although that edge is mitigated by the beating he took last year and the serious off-season surgery he is recovering from.

All you need to know about my point is summed up in the quote above. The facts are the facts gentlemen and the fact is - Brunell had a much better year than McNabb last year and he could easily exceed him again - for a variety of reasons.

And I like all football fans that display passion for their team because I LOVE THE GAME!

simple difference....age. in their prime they might have been similar, but not currently. and mcnabb scrambling days are far from over.

I disagree, about the scrambling part. Mcnabb is gonna be more of a pocker passer as he had shown lately. Occasional scramble here and there but he won't make a point to do it

boyd, McNabb is 7 years younger. In QB years, that's like 49 actual years younger than him. ;)

Brunnell will be hard pressed to match his production from last year, even with the additional weapons. Why? Because I just said so.

But your seven years younger than me, and I continually dominate you!!

Hey, this was fun but I gotta watch some of the tourney - which doesn't appeal to everyone - cause tonight's shaping up to have some incredible upsets.

Archived