Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tarhog & TK-IV II I's Redskin's History 101: Sammy Baugh

Tarhog

Originally posted by China

Very interesting, thanks. :cheers:

One question though, abouth this line:

Since the AFC as we know it didn't become part of the league until after the merger with the AFL (after Baugh was retired), giving us American and National conferences, what was the NFC? Was it still the National Football Conference? What were the other conferences?

Actually, thats an error. The Redskins (in addition to their 2 NFL title game wins during the Baugh era) won 5 NFL East titles. The 1937 NFL then was divided into two conferences, the NFL East, and the NFL West and was broken down as follows:

NFL East:

Washington (formerly Boston) Redskins

New York Giants

Pittsburgh Pirates

Brooklyn Dodgers

NFL West:

Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions

Chicago Cardinals

Cleveland Rams

Teams were added (and some subtracted) in the ensuing years. Thanks for catching that!

Fantastic article. Thanks!:notworthy

It would be great to save each article on a "Redskins History 101" section on the site so people can easily reference it.

When thought of in terms of accomplishments relative to the era played, Sammy was probably the greatest Redskin... I know this has been a thread numerous times... just my humble opinion.

Originally posted by Monk in the Hall!

Fantastic article. Thanks!:notworthy

It would be great to save each article on a "Redskins History 101" section on the site so people can easily reference it.

When thought of in terms of accomplishments relative to the era played, Sammy was probably the greatest Redskin... I know this has been a thread numerous times... just my humble opinion.

You have excellent instincts, because thats exactly what we intend to do : )

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

We do?

:D

Shhhh. You're messing with my spin man.

Actually, we may try to tie the player chapters into the player database so when you search for a particular guy, its right there as a link, rather than a separate forum.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Shhhh. You're messing with my spin man.

Actually, we may try to tie the player chapters into the player database so when you search for a particular guy, its right there as a link, rather than a separate forum.

Great idea.

;)

Grade A material Guys!!!! Alot of us here including the young and upcoming folks that are fans of the Skins has the chance to really read and see the History of this franchise. I cant say enough about How grateful I am to root for the best damn team in the NFL!!!! Thanks again guys!!!:notworthy

Originally posted by Tarhog

Actually, thats an error. The Redskins (in addition to their 2 NFL title game wins during the Baugh era) won 5 NFL East titles. The 1937 NFL then was divided into two conferences, the NFL East, and the NFL West and was broken down as follows:

NFL East:

Washington (formerly Boston) Redskins

New York Giants

Pittsburgh Pirates

Brooklyn Dodgers

NFL West:

Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions

Chicago Cardinals

Cleveland Rams

Teams were added (and some subtracted) in the ensuing years. Thanks for catching that!

Thanks for the clarification.

Tarhog & TKIV ... great stuff. I have seen all of this information and the clips over the years when ESPN used to run the old NFL Film vault stuff late at night. I was a junkie for those kinds of things and a few times they would have pieces on the early years of the NFL and Baugh always came up.

I have not seen all these pieces like this in one concise place and this was really great. Also the article that someone linked from him 5 years ago was really awesome. These are the things that make this site such a great place to spend my free time!

Originally posted by bnacpa

Tarhog & TKIV ... great stuff. I have seen all of this information and the clips over the years when ESPN used to run the old NFL Film vault stuff late at night. I was a junkie for those kinds of things and a few times they would have pieces on the early years of the NFL and Baugh always came up.

I have not seen all these pieces like this in one concise place and this was really great. Also the article that someone linked from him 5 years ago was really awesome. These are the things that make this site such a great place to spend my free time!

Thanks Brian, that means a lot coming from you! We're just getting warmed up baby ;)

Archived