Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tarhog & TK-IV II I's Redskin's History 101: Sammy Baugh

Tarhog

First off, great job there TnT. Really, er um, DYNO-MITE!!

Any way we could get Doc Walker to give Sammy a birthday shout out on the radio?

Observation1: Looks like Bernie Kosar copied Sammy's throwing motion to a tee.

Observation2: With the term "Todays football" being used ad nauseum these days, watching these clips shows that the players might be bigger and faster and stronger, but it's still the same game. You could probably find highlight reels from "Todays NFL" last year that would mirror some of these clips.

Again, great job guys. But wouldn't weekly be more better than monthly?:D

Whattayamean you have other lives?

Thanks fellas. The clips have excelent quality. Sammy was so accurate with those passes. He looks like he could loft a ball and make it land anywhere on the field he wanted. He truly could step right in today and be one of the most feared QB's in the league. He is the definition of All Time Great.

Very interesting, thanks. :cheers:

One question though, abouth this line:

In addition to the two NFL championships, Baugh led the Redskins to 5 NFC titles during his first 10 years with the team.

Since the AFC as we know it didn't become part of the league until after the merger with the AFL (after Baugh was retired), giving us American and National conferences, what was the NFC? Was it still the National Football Conference? What were the other conferences?

Thank you guys for this. It was a well put together article on Mr. Baugh and I learned a lot about someone that I just heard of.

When a boy was playing dirty, we had something called a "bootsy" play. We'd waste a play where we'd rough up the sonofa**** a little to make him stop playing that way. I remember one game where an end was coming at me with his hands and arms like he was slapping at the ball. Each time, he'd hit me in the face. I warned him to stop it, but he didn't. So I called the bootsy. No one blocked him, he came barreling through, and I threw the ball and hit that sonofa**** right in the forehead with a perfect spiral.

Wow!

:notworthy

Originally posted by 36HAMMER

EXCELLANT!!!!!!!!!!, VERY WELL DONE AND MUCH APPRECIATED.

SAMMY WAS ONE OF A KIND. ONE OF MANY REASONS I'M A FAN.AGAIN THANKS

Couple things here.

1) Thanks for the kind words.

2) This is the 2nd time I've said something to you about that CAP LOCK KEY. All 6 of your posts are all in caps. That's rude. I suggest you check your PM's.

Archived