Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Myth: Eagles WRs won't be effective enough

Westbrook36

I eagerly await your reply. I have posted this idea about McNabb running and scrambling more and have had it ignored completely by Pocono and WB. Wondering what your take on it is?

McNabb was hurt in training camp last year! You dont think that inhibited him running? You act like he simply has lost the ability to run. In 04, against the Cowboys, he had the most exciting NFL play in years as he ran around for 14 seconds before completing a 68 yard pass.

In your crazy mind, McNabb didn't run last year, so he can never run again and the Eagles offense will never be the same even though McNabb and Reid have both publically commented on McNabbs need to run around and make plays.

See how stupid this is? Of course not. I'll await your reply on why the injury in 05 doesn't matter (everytime you casually mention it, it is like "Yeah I know he was injured, but" as if this was only 10 percent of the reason).

Good luck with all your "sure thing" FA signings. I loved that line in the other thread. :laugh:

The NFC East in my eyes will be a crap shoot. Every single team seems to have questions regarding their personel.

While the Skins did a ton to bolster the passing game, the lack of faith in Ramsey bothers me. He was never really given a shot to show what he could do because of the lack of consistentcy. That move alone stands out as one that might come back to bit you in the butt if Mark gets injured. This is team that I feel is primed to either go to the stars or go to the dog. While I'm not sure that chemistry will be an issue, the matter of depth might very well be. As we learned in Philadelpia, if you don't have a good quality back up QB, a season of promise can quickly turn into a season of disappointment. With a team that has loaded up with so many smallish receivers, it would be waste to have an inexperienced QB throwing the ball to them. It would lessen their collective values and force teams to gang up on Portis, who though able to carry the load, is still only human, regardless of how many costumes he has...

Yeah, I'm with you there. I am of the mind that I wish Ramsey would have stayed one more year, for Campbell's development. He would have been phenomenal insurance for any injury. As it is now, I am hoping and praying Campbell is what Gibbs says he is. I do feel, however, that Campbell's theoretical adjustment coul dbe made easier by Saunders, who likes to thrown screen and utilize his running backs in the passing game. That should ease the transition some.

The Cowboys singing TO helps the offense in the mid-range passing attack, but at the same time, they never addressed the OL. Drew is known for his happy feet and in games such where he faces a pass rush, he is more inclined to rush throws and as we Eagles fans know, TO has no problem letting his QB and teammates know what he thinks about is QB. If the Boys can get Julius Jones going right from the start, then not even Jesus Christ can right that ship. Their bread and butter is the play action pass, but without a strong ground game going from the get go, its going to limit the effectiveness of Owens, Glenn and Whitten. They pump fear in the NFC Easts hearts as far as a down the field attack, but if Bledsoe is forced to beat you, especially behind that OL, then another TO meltdown isn't that far away....

Excellent analysis. O-line may be their undoing. I'm also not convinced Bledsoe can get it done. He just looks old and slow. The thing about the Boys is that they seem to have no plan for the future, which makes me smile. They actually remind me of us a few years back. If something happens to Bledsoe, what happens to Dallas? Tough spot for them. And I'm also not convinced Jones can carry the load. I guess if they split the backfield with he and Barber they could make a go of it.

The Giants problems are in their defensive backfield. While their DL is solid, a QB with a quick release can tear them apart. A suspect LB core with the exception of Antonio Pierce will become a serious achilies heel for them because this division features nothing but pass catching backs. The one thing that teams seemed to shy away from against them is the use of the screen pass, but it would be an effective weapon because the Giants lack perimeter speed with the exception of the ends.The offense on the other hand has plenty of weapons, but because of Eli and his youth, they seem especially against aggressive teams to lack a killer instinct. If Eli fails and the season is forced to be won by the defense, then the "Boys in Blue" might end up black and blue......

Tom won't like this, but I suspect NY may take the biggest step back in the division this year. Tiki has to slow down sometime, doesn't he? Their O-line is coming together nicely, but I'm also not overly impressed with Eli as of yet. More a product of incredible hype, for my money. And you are absolutely correct about their linebackers and secondary. They will have big problems with Westbrook, and Portis as well if Saunders uses him the way I think he will. The G-men snuck up on teams last year, and that won't happen again. I could see them winning 6-8 games.

Then we get to the Eagles.....I don't know what to begin, but I know where it all ends, McNabb and the defense. So many people on this site make so much of the Eagles losing TO that they forget the fact that TO was only involved in less than half of the teams season. The WRs will be fine even though none of them jumps right at you as a serious threat, McNabb should. He has the ability to change the way defenses defend the Eagles which in turn changes the way the Eagles defense plays. If McNabb can control the clock along with the offense going back to the dink and dunk idealism of the early 2000's the team should have success offensively and avareage at least 24 points. The key then becomes the defense. There is, I repeat, there is no better front running defense in the league. With all of the blitzing and etc. the Eagles do, they were finally figured out last season, or were they? The addition of Howard and a healthy Sheppard plus the further development of the young guys will give them a chance to look more like the team from the 2004 NFC Title game that plugged the middle, defended the edges and rushed the passer. While WRs and OL depth has been the main issue of those outside of Philadelphia, a true Eagles fan knows that its all about #5 and the defense.

Agree. To my mind, you guys are the wild card of the division. Not really sure where you will fit. You could easily win 10+ or only 7 or 8. The addition of Howard, much as it pains me to say this, gives Johnson another toy to play with, and could really help your blitz packages. I would still contend it would be nice for you to have a number one receiver who would make things easier on McNabb. But you're right in that is all up to McNabb. And Reid, who needs to call some runs to take pressure off McNabb.

My pre-draft predictions.....(Based On FA Moves Only!)

NFC East

1 - Washington

2 - Dallas/Eagles/Giants

I will take a stab and say

1. Washington (surprise, surprise)

2. Philly

3. Dallas

4. G-men (sorry, Tom :( )

I do think it should be an amazing year throughout the division. Lots of fun to watch :cheers:

McNabb was hurt in training camp last year! You dont think that inhibited him running? You act like he simply has lost the ability to run. In 04, against the Cowboys, he had the most exciting NFL play in years as he ran around for 14 seconds before completing a 68 yard pass.

In your crazy mind, McNabb didn't run last year, so he can never run again and the Eagles offense will never be the same even though McNabb and Reid have both publically commented on McNabbs need to run around and make plays.

See how stupid this is? Of course not. I'll await your reply on why the injury in 05 doesn't matter (everytime you casually mention it, it is like "Yeah I know he was injured, but" as if this was only 10 percent of the reason).

Good luck with all your "sure thing" FA signings. I loved that line in the other thread. :laugh:

Oh, you're still here? Darn. Number 5 and I were having an intelligent discussion. Oh well, all good things must come to an end...

Go back and re-read my comments before you make comments that betray your inability to read and comprehend. I never said McNabb would not ever be able to run again; I said he hasn't as much the last couple of years what with a terrific security blanket like TO to throw to. To open up options on Offense for Philly, he needs to do that more.

Of course the injury matters. But the fact remains that McNabb was moving towards being a pocket passer rather than a scrambler before the injury. For some reason he has had it in his mind that he needs to remain in the pocket to be a real QB. If Reid can change that thought process, your offense will be incredibly dangerous, or it has the potential to be so.

Read my conversation with No. 5 to see more of how you can actually have an intelligent conversation with a Skins fan. It can be done, but you have to be able to look at your team objectively. Good luck.

2. Philly

3. Dallas

I do think it should be an amazing year throughout the division. Lots of fun to watch :cheers:

I agree it will be a fun year, but Philly will be back in the basement, where they belong. I think they will have a tough time winning any games within the division, and may possibly get swept again. They will definitely get swept by the Skins and Giants...and TO is certainly going to save his best performances for the girls in green.

I agree it will be a fun year, but Philly will be back in the basement, where they belong. I think they will have a tough time winning any games within the division, and may possibly get swept again. They will definitely get swept by the Skins and Giants...and TO is certainly going to save his best performances for the girls in green.

Ouch man. At least give us one win. C'mon.

It amazes me how everyone can so easily forget about 00-04 when the Eagles ran the division. From what I have been reading, its almost like those years never happened.....

:paranoid:

00-04? What are you talking about? The Eagles...ran the division? :paranoid: I don't recall any such thing....

:laugh:

Not even worth it. Even if I were to point out all the holes in the argument, I would be labelled a homer and asked "do you even watch football?" So...I'll let someone else knock this softball out of the park. :) (EDIT: If its even worth it for someone else...)

It's not. Just wishful thinking....

2. Philly

3. Dallas

Was

Philly

G-men (would be the most overhyped team if it wasn't for...

Dallas

Philly- 11-5

Dallas 10-6

Wash 9-7

Giants 7-9

Best division in football.

Your last sentance was the most intelligent, and incidentally, the only one you got correct. Are you that convinced Reid will re-acquaint himself with the running game enough to get your 11 wins? What makes you think the Skins will take a step back? Crack is a serious drug, man. Does wacky stuff to you. Beware.

Your last sentance was the most intelligent, and incidentally, the only one you got correct. Are you that convinced Reid will re-acquaint himself with the running game enough to get your 11 wins? What makes you think the Skins will take a step back? Crack is a serious drug, man. Does wacky stuff to you. Beware.

I look forward to pm'ing you during the season and talking football once the season plays out. I don't mean that in a mocking way. Win or lose, I want to hear your thoughts. :cheers:

Philly- 11-5

Dallas 10-6

Wash 9-7

Giants 7-9

Best division in football.

Oh my GOD you are such a homer.

Philly will be back in the basement this season. They will definitely NOT win the division. You want to do a sig bet, avatar bet, whatever. I'll take it.

If everyone stays healthy, and TO behaves, here is how I see the division shaking out:

1. Washington 11-5

2. Dallas 11-5

3. New York 10-6

4. Philly 8-8

Tough to call this year where Philly will be. As I said last year on this site the Eagle shell has some cracks and they won't be able to recover from serious injuries like they have in the past and I was right. That does not change this year.

However, if they stay healthy they will be a tough team to beat. The Giants will live and die on the progression of Manning and will make a playoff run. The pukes will improve, but I just don't think of them as a playoff team. McNugget should be back to form, but how more years does he have running for first downs? QB's don't last in this league if they don't take care of themselves. WB can't seem to stay healthy and how good will the Oline be without the big RT? Might have to wait until preseason to get a look at them.

Oh my GOD you are such a homer.

Philly will be back in the basement this season. They will definitely NOT win the division. You want to do a sig bet, avatar bet, whatever. I'll take it.

If everyone stays healthy, and TO behaves, here is how I see the division shaking out:

1. Washington 11-5

2. Dallas 11-5

3. New York 10-6

4. Philly 8-8

Typical jrock. Anyone who doesn't bow down and annoint the Skins the division championship in March is a homer. I see you up to your old tricks in the Skins/Dallas thread. We are all homers, you are right. The Skins have no weaknesses and will dominate the world!!!!

The Cowboys singing TO helps the offense in the mid-range passing attack, but at the same time, they never addressed the OL. Drew is known for his happy feet and in games such where he faces a pass rush, he is more inclined to rush throws and as we Eagles fans know, TO has no problem letting his QB and teammates know what he thinks about is QB. If the Boys can get Julius Jones going right from the start, then not even Jesus Christ can right that ship. Their bread and butter is the play action pass, but without a strong ground game going from the get go, its going to limit the effectiveness of Owens, Glenn and Whitten. They pump fear in the NFC Easts hearts as far as a down the field attack, but if Bledsoe is forced to beat you, especially behind that OL, then another TO meltdown isn't that far away....

Slowly but surely the Cowboys are uprgrading their Oline. Of course the return of Flozell Adams who allowed 1 sack in 6 games changes everything, considering his replacement allowed 12.5 in 11 games. Marco Rivera is recovering from a back surgery last year, that had him weak in 2005, I doubt he ever returns to his pro bowl form, but he won't be dominated at the line like last year. Signing the generally unheard of Kyle Kosier puts to former wco guards on the line. That means the inside of the offensive line is becoming more athletic, and less dependent on pure strength. Al Johnson has been putting on mass, which should mean he should be dominated less as well. Finally the Cowboys Signed Jason Fabini which is an exponential improvement over 6th round rookie Rob Pettiti. I imagine this won't be the Chiefs caliber of Oline, but it should be enough to keep Bledsoe on his feet most of the time.

When it comes to football, you can't really determine what's going to happen the next year. You can only hope. And that is way football is the most exciting sport to watch.

Yes, you can determine. The Skins are a lock to win the division and the Eagles will most certainly be in the basement. Didn't you hear jrock? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clear homer who has no business discussing their opinion on a public internet messageboard.

Well, lets be fair. The Eagles actually dominated from 00-04. :cool:

Granted and Andy reid is a good coach. The biggest thing thats happened the past couple of years is the quality of coaching in the NFC east has gone up dramatically. It's no longer Reid vs the three stooges.

Yes, you can determine. The Skins are a lock to win the division and the Eagles will most certainly be in the basement. Didn't you hear jrock? Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clear homer who has no business discussing their opinion on a public internet messageboard.

Westbrook...a serious question, not smack related. Why do you get so angry when Redskins fans assume McNabb will perform at a level akin to that of last season (during which he was limited by injury), when you assume that Brunell will perform as poorly as he did over the last 3/4 games of last season/playoffs (during which he was also injured)?

wow, you'll actually kept this up for 7 pages.

It is clear you are talking past each other and neither side will budge.

The NFC is much different now then in the past 5 year.

The coaches are much better for one.

The skin were none existent in the NFC east for like 10 years so that helped everyones record around us.

Lets just see what happens during the season. Besides, we still have more FA and a draft to get threw. We don't even know what the final picture will look like.

As for Brunell. He is more then enough to get the job down given he has talent around him. He was ranked 8th in the league last year. That's pretty good and all this team needs.

Just like Phili has a system, Gibbs has a system.

In Philis system, you may not need great WRs, well in Gibbs system you dont need a McNabb to win. Its more like the Pittsburgh system. The QB is asked to do some things but not everything. We dont need a McNabb or Elway to win. The past proves that.

Archived