Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were Gibbs who are you picking in the 2nd round?

icbmayday

i would not mind darryl tapp at all but i would rather get hester because i dont see sean springs being the as good as he is 4 that much longer and need 2 look into the future of our starting secondary we got carlos rogers and we will need someone on that other side

Hester won't slip. He's not a first few round player. He has no position in the NFL. He runs horrible routes and can't tackle. A kick returner only won't be drafted very early. Tapp on the other hand would have to slip a little, but would be a great fit. I say we go CB.

I used to want Tapp, but then we got Andre Carter who is simply a better version of Tapp.

I would concur with Cedric Griffin, he seems to be a really nice fit.Good tackler, solid in coverage.

Another way to go would be with one of the big-time TEs if one were to fall. According to Kiper, Leonard Pope is looking like a round 2 pick behind Lewis and Byrd (which I don't understand) but he would be an excellent choice, as would Fasano.

Also, Christian is no spring chicken. He is 34/35 and I think he will be teaching a rookie TE how to play the game. Saunders has always had a special TE in his OF. I know that we have Cooley, but can you imagine a dynamic 2 TE set?

I just wanted 2 see your opions on who the skins should draft in the 2nd round. Hester would be great in my opinion but i dont know if he is goin 2 slip that far back...

Hester?:doh: The guy doesn't even have a position on the nfl level. He will be lucky to be a first day pick, much less a first rounder. Only the Miami name may help him. At this point he is nothing more than a kick returner that may turn into a corner/wide out someday. Came out of the U way too early, would have greatly benefitted from another year.

One thing I can say with certainty with the ARE signing there is no way Hester will be a Skin. (Caveat unless he drops to the 6th round or so)

I'm suprised Tapp isn't being talked about as a top 10 pick. The kid is a beast coming around the end.

Too small/undersized compared to what most teams are looking for in a DE. Plus the fact that Mario Williams, Hali, and Kiwanuka all are rated higher than him hurts his stock.

That said Tapp certainly has a motor, and I'd be glad to have him as a Skin if he is still there in the second round. Originally, he was my pick at that point, but now I too am leaning more to CB or line depth....depending on the rest of free agency.

Archived