Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, does Ramsey become Shroeder or Humphries

Burgold

Gibbs traded two qb's in his first go. Jay Shroeder and Stan Humphries. One became a Superbowl QB and the other basically fell apart. Ramsey mirrors both these guys in that he is a pocket qb with a strong arm and very limited mobility. Which do you think he becomes?

Gibbs traded two qb's in his first go. Jay Shroeder and Stan Humphries. One became a Superbowl QB and the other basically fell apart. Ramsey mirrors both these guys in that he is a pocket qb with a strong arm and very limited mobility. Which do you think he becomes?

I'm not sure he'll get to play in NY, although it's certainly possible with Pennington's health. Familiarty with Coles will help, but otherwise the Jets are a disaster area, and they have a first year head coach with questionable qulaifications. It might not be much better than the situation he was in with Spurrier. Considering what he needs is some stability, I'm not sure he's going to get it, and I'm not sure he's going to have much success.

humphries if the jets invest in an upgraded offensive line... babe laufenburg if they don't...

good luck, pat... you deserve it...

I won't lie.

So long as the Skins can win about 3 more SBs, I hope Ramsey wins a Bowl in the next 5 years (if we can't win 5 in a row.)

I will laugh my behind off if Ramsey lights it up somewhere and we're stuck with middlin' QB-ing.

I wish him the best, but I wish us better.

AJ, you're predicting Schroeder then?

I'm not sure he'll get to play in NY, although it's certainly possible with Pennington's health. Familiarty with Coles will help, but otherwise the Jets are a disaster area, and they have a first year head coach with questionable qulaifications. It might not be much better than the situation he was in with Spurrier. Considering what he needs is some stability, I'm not sure he's going to get it, and I'm not sure he's going to have much success.

Unbelievable. Ramsey hasn't even taken a snap in NY and you're already making excuses for him.

Seriously, I have no idea how it turns out. I think Ramsey could be in the league for a long time, but I also think there are certain flaws to his game that will probably keep him from ever being more than an average starter and solid backup.

Who knows? He could be a great qb in two or three years or he could be out of the league. One thing is for sure: he handled his time here with class.

Unbelievable. Ramsey hasn't even taken a snap in NY and you're already making excuses for him.

Any different than the myriad excuses offered up for Brunell's 40 yard playoff performance and late season slump (PRE-knee injury?)

The difference is merely the person the poster is defending.

Oh, and that the coach will offer up excuses for this PARTICULAR QB.

"his hamstring, the talent (what a diss to the guys they had, stay classy!) Jansen (yes it helped but brunell still backpedaled his butt off)"

then it's "his knee, we didn't have enough receivers in spite of the fact multiple posters said he simply refused to go downfield to open receivers not named Moss or Cooley."

It's always some excuse for the guy, but so long as the D, Portis and Moss bail him out--I guess we're golden. Until brunell throws a late pick ACROSS HIS BODY in the playoffs and we have to rely on a DROPPED PASS to win the game.

Or something like that.

I wish him the best, but I wish us better.

AJ, you're predicting Schroeder then?

Same here Burgold. Ramsey seems like a top-notch guy that I'd love to hang with, work with, etc. But where I differ from some is that I was never comfortable with him as our QB.

He is a hard qb to figure. He sometimes seemed on the cusp of superstardom and other times really seemed out of his depth. I think you are right that he will be very dependent on supporting cast. Seems also to have lost a lot of confidence and will need to be supported. He really did not step up to the pressure the last two preseasons, though.

The only thing Trent Green and Ramsey have in common is that they both seem like great guys and both used to play for the Skins. As players, they're not similar at all. Ramsey does some things well that Green doesn't and vice versa.

The only thing Trent Green and Ramsey have in common is that they both seem like great guys and both used to play for the Skins.

I think that's what that one poster was getting at. Just a recent QB who "got away" to star somewhere else.

We'll see, I guess. I hope for the best. And it's one of the few times I want Gibbs to look really, REALLY stupid (I did NOT enjoy him looking stupid on Desmond Howard) other than cutting McCardell(Who I loved in that training camp in 91) and trading Stan when I knew that Mr. Rypien was going to star for his contract season and then revert to form. :(

Why don't you think he'll ever get that kind of opportunity?

Because of SOS?

Schroeder had thrown for 4000 yards and taken the Redskins to the NFC Championship game in 1986. The Raiders traded Jim Lachey for him. They brought him in to start, and they gave him a shot to do it. The Jets only picked Ramsey up as insurance. If they like what they see, he may get a start or two to show what he's got, but it won't be a long leash. As soon as he has a bad game, he'll be benched.

I will laugh my behind off if Ramsey lights it up somewhere and we're stuck with middlin' QB-ing.

So you will find humor in the suffering of the Redskins? More of a "I was right all along" type thing?

Is it that or would it just be the exasperating nature of the irony that would be at play?

Archived