Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My First Post!

SkinzFoLife

Great to be here, folks.

Question...

I've seen numerous posts, positive and negative about our new QB Collins.

The one main sticking point is that he knows the system very well since he's been with Al Saunders so long.

But does anyone knows what physical tools he possesses?

Does he have a strong arm? Is he mobile? Is he fast? Can he throw on the run?

Knowing the system is definite plus but does he have skills?

And Happy Get Drunk Day!

Great to be here, folks.

Question...

The one main sticking point is that he knows the system very well since he's been with Al Saunders so long.

And Happy Get Drunk Day!

I would say hes pretty much here to mentor, nothing more. Average Arm if i remember correctly, not mobile... basically a 3rd QB's skills.

They only reason I asked is because from what I'm reading looks like Campbell is not ready yet, so quite possibly Collins could be the number 2 this season until they feel Campbell is ready.

Brunell ain't young anymore the so the chances of him missing some time are pretty good.

Great to be here, folks.

Question...

And Happy Get Drunk Day!

im new here also. im looking forward, 2 making new threads, and talking skins football with all u guys. :cheers: :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Collins Profile from:

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 63 | Key

Alert: A

Comment:

He is a tall QB with very good size for the position. He is a pocket passer - very limited mobility to move around or make plays if he has to flush the pocket. Very limited mobility - he is not a run threat. He has an above average arm - can physically make all the throws. He is a smart QB - understands the offense and his role. Has good short route touch. Likes to scan the field and check down. Very slow feet - he is a target in the pocket. Has show questionable ability to beat the blitz and man coverage.

He does scan the field and he can make the middle/long field passes, but he is a pocket QB. He is well preserved. Hasn't played much, so he can take some hits. He understands Saunder's system. He is 6' 4" tall and weighs 230lbs. He is a good backup to Brunell if he is injured. All and all I say he is good insurance.

I think Campbell is at least a number 2, but think that Collins is mainly here to familiarise Campbell with the Saunders set-up and mentor him and be the #3 QB.

Didn't Campbell suffer from having to change systems a couple of times during college?

Oh, and welcome nice to meetcha :)

They only reason I asked is because from what I'm reading looks like Campbell is not ready yet, so quite possibly Collins could be the number 2 this season until they feel Campbell is ready.

Brunell ain't young anymore the so the chances of him missing some time are pretty good.

I'd imagine Collins is here to help Jason. I very much doubt Collins will be anything other than a backup QB with a clipboard in hand

Archived