Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Collins a wasted roster postion?

bbuzz1962

It is common for a new OC or Head coach to bring a QB with them to their new team so why should we be surprised or upset with the aquisition of Collins. We should be happy an experienced vet is with us. Who cares that he is not a starter. A starter should not be #3 anyways.

Knowledge and experience never hurt.

I also think it hurts that the last backup from Saunders system. Jonathan Quinn, showed himself to be one of the worst QBs ever to play the game with the bears 2 years ago.

Yeah, Quinn is one of the worst - but what the he!! does that have to do with Collins?

Here is the way I see it. Al Suanders is coming into a team situation where he has 0 experience with the players and little experience with the coaches. So they are an 'unknown'to him. It will take time for the players to learn his means and methods, and it will also take him time to learn theirs. So bringing in Collins gives him a 'known quantity', and a 'translator' on the squad. It makes sense from the social standpoint to make his as comfortable and EFFECTIVE as quickly as possible. I don't beleive it was Gibb's intention to take a season at this point to tweak the offensive system again. So bringing in Collins to help facilitate Saunders positive impact makes sense to me.

There's your answer.

Archived