Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs?

TimFolk

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've watched all the games this season, and I was wondering what you guys think about Shawn Springs? I know he had a great year last year, with 56 tackles 6 sacks and 5 ints. But he dropped down in all those areas this year. What do you feel is the reason for that, teams knwoing we had a rookie on the other side or just more respect for Shawn Springs?

throughout the entire season. I saw him get beat once, that was in the seattle game 1st qtr.... Now, think about how many times harris was just straight up burned..when he was on the field, he was the 1st option for the opposing qb..

Shawn Springs know's the game, a true all pro vet in my book.. He can only make our younger cb's better for the next 2-3 or 3-4

Easy. Walt Harris and/or a rookie Rogers was on the other side, why throw at Springs? Opposing offenses did everything they could to keep the ball away from both him and Sean Taylor. When he was out there and not injured, Springs locked down his man with the consistency you'd expect from one of the best corners in the game. It's funny, 3-4 years ago he might have been considered THE best corner in the game but he had a couple injury filled years. What's surprising is, now that he's been able to stay relatively healthy, the perception of him hasn't returned to its previous standard, though his play has. At least in the media (or in Madden) that is, opposing offensive coordinators certainly respect him as though he's a top 5 corner, which he is.

Guest santana4prez

Shawn Springs before the injury last season was playing great football. Just look at the Charger game they were throwing to Carlos all day(Carlos did have 2 INTS in that game). Shawn Springs will bounce back from the injury.

I don't think he was "respected" more really, but you have to remember he was injured for a large portion of the season.

Ex-freakin-actly. Stats are really overrated for defensive backs. Looking at Taylor's stats, you wouldn't know the kind of respect and fear he instills in opponents, and how he helps the D as a whole. Same thing with Shawn Springs... he has been brilliant back there when healthy.

His first year was the when Greg Williams just got here and offense cordinators didn't really know are defense like that and in his second year the picked up on it more it had nothing to do with age,or respect. And i say we draft Antino Cromartie from Florida State CB 6-3 runs a 4.40 and is like 210

He is only 30 years old its not his age. IMO he has played better this year than he did last year. When you have Walt Harris or a rookie CB on one side and Shawn Springs on the other, who are you going to throw it to? That's why his production dropped off. No Shawn Springs is not a shutdown corner. Who is a shutdown corner? DONT even say Champ Bailey. I've seen that guy get burned WAY too many times to be considered 'shutdown'. The last TRUE shutdown corner in the league was Deion Sanders.

Depending on the game, either Walt Harris or a rookie on the other side so that's where they threw more.....'nuff said.

I think Rogers got better as the season went on, but will be more improved in year 2, so if we can get a quality nickleback to replace Harris, our secondary will be unbelievable!

Springs did not have a dropoff last year. You cant intercept balls if they arent being thrown your way, or if you arent on the field...

Anyone have that link to the secondary rankings? I lost it. Its based on percentage of balls caught, yards per completion that sort of thing, combining the 2 starters at CB for each team. We were at the very top. When someone doenst get a lot of interceptions and stats, people who base their entire interpretation of football on those stats starts to complain. I think people should look at the total picture and do a little research.

Archived