Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

could redskins be using cap illegally?

Eagle091

Sorry, that isn't anywhere even close to being true, even if one does think that they waste the money.

Why would they consider it wasted? We got the free agents we wanted. :rolleyes:

I think I have a little bit different take than most I've seen on the issue of overpaying in particular.

10 million to the Skins front office is chump change. So the difference between working very hard to try and sign somebody for 7 or 8 mil and the potential risk of losing that player to another team or simply ponying up to the bar and paying whatever it takes (which is still chump change) is worth the extra 2 or 3 mil to our front office. We all have a hard time conceptualizing it when it's in the millions, but look at it this way.

Analogy:

When you or I want to travel we buy plane tickets, usually with timing and amenties that are not ideal. Mr. Snyder get's on his plane and goes where he wants when he wants even though the cost of his flight is rediculously higher than what we pay. That's the difference between being rich and not.

Personally, I am glad my team is rich! :cool:

It's not illegal to have mastered the salary cap.

However, it is illegal to park in handicap spots when you're not disabled like DMac did. Unfortunately for him, not being able to win the big one does not qualify him as handicapped.

I mean, if you're going to commit a crime, at least do something tough like assault the thugs that stole your ATVs.

It's not illegal to have mastered the salary cap.

However, it is illegal to park in handicap spots when you're not disabled like DMac did. Unfortunately for him, not being able to win the big one does not qualify him as handicapped.

I mean, if you're going to commit a crime, at least do something tough like assault the thugs that stole your ATVs.

:applause: Good one!:laugh:

Anyone who thinks we're doing something illegal is just jealous. Its not our fault the rest of the league owners are a bunch of cheap skate ****s. Dont hate, congratulate. Snyder, Cuban, and Steinbrenner are the best owner in sports.

I'm curious...have the Redskins actually won anything under Snyder? Expect for the offseason championship every year?

I don't think Snyder is breaking any rules, but I feel that the best owners in sports are the owners that actually win something once in a while. You know...like a championship or two.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148859

What I don't like is all of the anal-ysts, that keep hinting or outright saying that the Skins are cheating the cap.

What I don't get is why all of these supposedly football savvy journalists, some that claim to understand the salary cap, don't know how the Skins do it. It's pretty simple.

Large signing bonuses which get pro-rated over several years. The first couple of years the guys usually make veteran minimums, with their salary increasing until the end of the contract. But, some of this is set up as roster bonuses instead of salary. Which is some of the "guaranteed" money that keeps getting mentioned. But it's only guaranteed if the player is still on the roster when the bonus is due. If the player is still there, the roster bonuses can then get converted to signing bonuses, which of course get pro-rated over a few years. Which provides room for new signings. And those large salaries at the end of the contract usually get reworked. Everything always fits.

Does anyone think that Dan Snyder doesn't know how to handle money? The guy practically grows it. He's a great business man that's made himself a fortune. I'd have to bet that Mr. Snyder has a huge hand in managing the cap. And for all that everyone always predicts "Cap Hell" for us in 3 years, it hasn't hit yet. Thanks to Dan's incredible ability to work the numbers to field the team that his coaching staff wants every year.

And the other part of this puzzle? The players. They love the way they are schmoozed by the FO and the coaching staff. They love the way that their families are included in the whole process, how Coach Gibbs talks to their wives. They love the fan base and traditions of the Redskins. But the bottom line is, they love that their money is up front and immediate. They take their signing bonuses from us rather than a similar amount in salary. If they're injured, they still have their bonus and their family is provided for. With the other offers they get, an injury would seriously affect the value of the contract.

Sorry for the long post. But I still say it's pretty simple.

wow, pissed you guys off. you got me laughing with some of those posts. kinggibbs, yes I do like fishing. maybe it's time to switch to decaf. it was speculation on my part, after reading an article. take the time to read the article, instead of just going off half ****ed.

nah goaldeje, I'll stay here. im not a skins fan and don't invade an area where you guys talk skins football.

Nah you just prefer to troll in the Around the NFL forum

Skins are not doing anything illegal. Stupid, but not illegal. ;)

Do explain....

I have heard it said many times that they waste more money than anybody in the history of the world.

Curious, where'd you hear that? Were you talking to yourself again? Seriously your posts are getting out of control. Just lay off the trolling for one day please.

wow, pissed you guys off. you got me laughing with some of those posts.

Maybe it has something to do with this being your 6th or so topic created all on the front page of the Around the NFL forum with a negative slant on the skins? Or maybe its because you are reposting numerous articles that have been posted already just to gain attention and get under peoples skins(ie trolling)? Or maybe its because you don't actually discuss the articles you post, just add some stupid question or comment like "Interesting" or "I didn't know this" mainly because you don't care to discuss football you just want to incite people? Who knows

I seriously wish people would stop writing articles like this. It just gives credence for Skins fans to say "Look, they are all jealous of us". Let them spend how they want to spend and lets see how it works out in September.

Since Gibbs has come back, its worked out pretty nicely. I don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

Last offseason looked like a disaster but the team came together nicely.

Agreed, can anybody even imagine what would have happen if Gibbs hadn't have come back and Spurrier had stayed the remainder of his contract? I don't even want to think about that.

Ps how long is that sig bet for with Bubba?

Agreed, can anybody even imagine what would have happen if Gibbs hadn't have come back and Spurrier had stayed the remainder of his contract? I don't even want to think about that.

Ps how long is that sig bet for with Bubba?

Tonight is the last night for this sig.

Archived