Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With our new receivers, how many yards will CP get?

Stophovr6

Sorry guys but my gut tells me he is going to tear his ACL, MCL, and PCL on his first carry of the preseason and Rock Cartwright will be our featured back next year.

Just messin fellers, dont get pissed. I think he will have about the same amount of yards as this season with considerably less carries and about 17-18 TDS.

419 yards through the first three games then he gets turf toe and misses six games.

Finishes the season with 957 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Party pooper!

We will be a lot less predictable this year with Saunders running the offense. Last year you could almost predict run on first down, etc..

I think CP will break more big plays (he's obviously capable of it) with less carries than last year keeping him fresh during the season.

419 yards through the first three games then he gets turf toe and misses six games.

Finishes the season with 957 yards and 4 touchdowns.

:redpunch: :redpunch:

Dam* MF negative post!

U bring BAD Luck!

:loser: R U a ( BrokeBack Kowdung Lover ) troll?

All things considered, I believe he'll touch the ball about 330 times out of a lot of spread formations and stretch plays. I believe our base offense will feature, 3 wide, Cooley, and Portis as the lone back most of the time with the occasional change up in different situations of course. If the recievers and Cooley block well for Portis, he is capable of about 6 yards per carry on this offense thanks to his toughness, quickness, and speed. In that case, I think he can acheive about 1800-1900 yards with about 15-20 touchdowns, and about 50 catches for 500 more yards with 2-4 more touchdowns. The number of catches is so high because I know Saunders likes to utilize his backs out of the backfield, i.e. Holmes and Faulk. Of course these are only opinions and he could not be featured much in the passing game if at all, with all the other options that we have. I do however, definitly feel as though my prediction on his rushing production should be just about dead on. Lastly, i believe he will lead the league in explosive runs, or runs over 20 yards in other words.

Sorry guys but my gut tells me he is going to tear his ACL, MCL, and PCL on his first carry of the preseason and Rock Cartwright will be our featured back next year.

awww man you better hope that happens or else you might be ...:D

Just messin fellers, dont get pissed. I think he will have about the same amount of yards as this season with considerably less carries and about 17-18 TDS.

Larry johnson's numbers are a bit misleading yes he only started 9 games last year and totaled 1750 yds, you also have to consider he was splitting carries with priest before he was injured. Not trying to take away from what he did last year but he did carry it 336 times, just 16 fewer carries than portis had in 16 starts. The main things I notice when I look at Johnson and priests #s over the years is the TDs and receptions. Most of us know that priest set the record for most TDs in a season previously held by emmit(25tds rushing) to be 27(later broken by S.Alexander). He also had 21 the year before that while starting 14gms. Last year starting in 9 games Larry Johnson scored 20TDs.

Also interesting is that priest caught 70 and 74 balls in the years that he had 21, 27rushing TDs. Though this may have been more due to lack of quality WRs. take a look for yourself KCs rb and ours over the past two years.

larry johnson

Year Team G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD

2004 Kansas City Chiefs 10 3 120 581 4.8 46 9 4 34

2005 Kansas City Chiefs 16 9 336 1750 5.2 49 20 15 97

priest holmes

2004 Kansas City Chiefs 8 8 196 892 4.6 33 14 3 56

2005 Kansas City Chiefs 7 7 119 451 3.8 35 6 3 29

clinton portis

2004 Washington Redskins 15 15 343 1315 3.8 64 5 5 65

2005 Washington Redskins 16 16 352 1516 4.3 47 11 6 74

ladell betts

2004 Washington Redskins 16 1 90 371 4.1 27 1 2 19

2005 Washington Redskins 12 0 89 338 3.8 22 1 1 17

Ok so back to the thread topic, I think portis will get about 1650yds 14-18rushing tds

Archived