Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar's comments on DC Local Radio Station (WPGC) this morning.

BleedB&G4life

(WPGC 95.5)

LaVar called into a local radio station in DC this morning just to say goodbye and to let the fans know that he will still be a big part of the community. During the conversation w/Donnie Simpson he said that he is looking for big things from the Skins this year. He also had some kind words for Randle El and Andre Carter calling them good character guys. He said that a few years back Randle El took time out of his busy schedule to visit his cousin in the hospital right before he died and that Carter was on the same High School team with him and that he had an opportunity to play for his dad (I believe) his first year with the Skins.

Note: I know this was from this morning but, I assumed that someone else would have posted. I ran a search but didn't see it.

Its still so hard for me to believe that he's leaving. I mean, I know for a fact that we can play well without him, but he was one of those personalities that made this team fun. I guess you gotta look at it like this: he was the face of our organization during the "dark and gloomy" era, and now those days are over, and its time to win championships.

Lavar brought this on himself when you cant play for Joe Gibbs you have some character problems. The only coach I put on Gibbs level is Coach K they are about class and team first. Lavar wasn't a we guy he is a me guy.

JMJ.... When Lavar puts out what really happened and why he left, you wont think so bad of the guy. LA is more of a "Team" player then you can even understand.

if you don't know what went down, stop "ASSuming" it was all on LA. It wasn't.

I love Gibbs as much as the rest of "Skins Nation", but damn, he's not GOD.

He has, and will make mistakes like the rest of us mortals.....

He's a great, great coach. We will another SuperBowl on his watch. leave it at that.

And for LaVar not coming out telling the truth about his situation, is really showing how much of a "TEAM GUY" he really is.....

I'm not assuming anything about Lavar I brought his jersey as I did Champ's. All I know is he is no longer a Washington Redskin so the hell with him. I dont care why he left all I know is he's no longer on my favorite team. My opinion is still the same he had problems with Ray Rhodes, Marvin Lewis and Greg Williams. He even had problems with Joe Pa in Penn State so all these coaches are wrong and Lavar is right? I dont think so he didn't want to play for Joe Gibbs so we got rid of him. It's time to move on and we will WIN without him just as Mr. Coles, Pierce, Smoot and Bailey they didn't stop Joe GIbbs and neither will Lavar. When Gibbs gets handed that Trophy this year or next Lavar wont be smiling in our uniform this will be a fact my friend.

I'm not assuming anything about Lavar I brought his jersey as I did Champ's. All I know is he is no longer a Washington Redskin so the hell with him. I dont care why he left all I know is he's no longer on my favorite team. My opinion is still the same he had problems with Ray Rhodes, Marvin Lewis and Greg Williams. He even had problems with Joe Pa in Penn State so all these coaches are wrong and Lavar is right? I dont think so he didn't want to play for Joe Gibbs so we got rid of him. It's time to move on and we will WIN without him just as Mr. Coles, Pierce, Smoot and Bailey they didn't stop Joe GIbbs and neither will Lavar. When Gibbs gets handed that Trophy this year or next Lavar wont be smiling in our uniform this will be a fact my friend.

you just said he was gone because he wasnt a team player. All I said is that was the contrary to the truth. Regardless of the problems he's had with anyone. (coaches/players/agents) He played his heart out every time he took the field.

Gibbs didnt get rid of him.....He was offered a choice. He left.

He is not A Skin, I really don't care what team he goes to. When we play him, I want to see him on his back as much as possible. And I've told him as much.

I didnt buy a 56 jersey and wont buy another player jersey as long as i like football. Im not a fan of any 1 player, and never have been. I know them, but I'm not there fan. I'm a Skins fan point blank. And I'm a student of the game.

We are all intitled to opinoins. I just said the statement about him not being a team player was false.

In my opinion he is so what does it matter to you what I think or say about a player that obviously didn't want to be here? Every other player the coach went to helped the team. This guy is saying he wants to be a Redskin for LIFE? Then why is he leaving? HE WANTED TO LEAVE. Go kiss his butt he can go whatever your problem isn't with me you seem to be mad at him. My opinion of him wont change and you aren't going to make me change it so deal with it man. He cant say he wanted to be him for his entire career then leave on his own. Everyone has kissed his ***** except for Joe Gibbs that's why he's leaving in my opinion.

Arrington is a greedy slob. point blank. 56 million dollars wasn't enough that was the bottom line. we will see what team will give him that kind of money. I have and will be a Redskin fan all of my life. 2 weeks ago he said he would retire if the redkins cut him and when it came down to helping the team he rolled out. I could care less where he goes, he will be another virus on another team.

Arrington is a greedy slob. point blank. 56 million dollars wasn't enough that was the bottom line. we will see what team will give him that kind of money. I have and will be a Redskin fan all of my life. 2 weeks ago he said he would retire if the redkins cut him and when it came down to helping the team he rolled out. I could care less where he goes, he will be another virus on another team.

If he was a greedy **** he wouldn't have left this team. Here he would have less playing time and more money than anywhere else. I wish the Postons never existed.

Missed the part where he gave $$ back did ya?

Whether or not it was right or wrong, Lavar was not respected in DC by Gibbs and Williams. He was not seen as a starter and he wants to play. Besides, he's not going to get a $50+ contract now and he knows it. He would have made more $$ in DC than anywhere else.

As I said, he may be too undisciplined for many defenses, including Williams', but he didn't leave for the $$.

you just said he was gone because he wasnt a team player. All I said is that was the contrary to the truth. Regardless of the problems he's had with anyone. (coaches/players/agents) He played his heart out every time he took the field.

Gibbs didnt get rid of him.....He was offered a choice. He left.

He is not A Skin, I really don't care what team he goes to. When we play him, I want to see him on his back as much as possible. And I've told him as much.

I didnt buy a 56 jersey and wont buy another player jersey as long as i like football. Im not a fan of any 1 player, and never have been. I know them, but I'm not there fan. I'm a Skins fan point blank. And I'm a student of the game.

We are all intitled to opinoins. I just said the statement about him not being a team player was false.

i never wanted Lavar to leave. since you are in "the know" what are the chances that Lavar could actually come back now that his agent has been suspended for his contract dispute?

i know that it is damn near impossible but your take on it is really what im after.

dent, can you tell us what really happened?

With all due respect, he doesn't know what really happened, he only knows what Lavar told him happened. Sometimes Lavar contradicts himself, so it's hard to know the truth.

Here's just one example: Lavar went on the John Thompson show and explained that he reinjured his knee by rushing himself back to practice, against the wishes of his coaches.

Much later, he told the media that he reinjured his knee because the coaches rushed him back.

No, he can't. He's unfortunately bought into this ridiculous LaVar fairy tale like so many others. Is he a bad guy? No, not at all. I actually like him as a person a whole lot. But he was not always a team guy either. As long as he was the face of the team and the focus of the fans adoration, he was fine. As soon as he became a part of a bigger system with a specific role, he balked...both under Lewis and Williams. He never understood that the "LaVar gets to do whatever LaVar wants because LaVar is so talented" defensive scheme worked great at the collegiate level...not so good at the pro level. The fact that he never understood that speaks to a maturity problem. That emotional immaturity also goes a long way in explaining how easily the Postons (who are notorious for playing on a players emotions) were able to poison the well with LaVar and ruin his relationship with management. Why did he leave in the end? Because he wasn't grown up enough to put all of these issues behind him, and because he continues to trust all the wrong people. I will miss LaVar, but the Redskins will not.

I'm not assuming anything about Lavar I brought his jersey as I did Champ's.

First off, you did ASSUME quite a bit. You assumed that Lavar is not a team guy. This isn't something you check the tapes for nor ask the caoches about, it is sometyhing you ask his teammates about. Since he has departed I have not heard anythin negative from his teammates. Also lets not forget that under no circumstances did he have to return 4 million dollars to this franchise. Had we outright cut him he would have made more so we should be friggin grateful not only for the years he gave us but also for the way he went out. (BTW, shelling out $45 for a jersey doesn't grandfather you in as an unbiased spectator. Its like saying I know I went to the Klan rally, but I did buy that 50 cent CD so I'm cool right).

i never wanted Lavar to leave. since you are in "the know" what are the chances that Lavar could actually come back now that his agent has been suspended for his contract dispute?

i know that it is damn near impossible but your take on it is really what im after.

No chance in my view the Skins would ask him back. At this point they could not handle the contract. Greg Wlms wants him back. Don't think it will happen.

My take is that theres always another side to the story. Some things he asked for to help "his team" (The Defense) he didnt get. He was given the offer to leave, he left.

Injuries, Defensive Scheme, playing time.... All that had to have weight on the reasons he's gone. Id have to be crazy not to understand that.

Some other guys on teams have not denied it. But they also have added thier take on it. No I wasnt there in the flesh, but the things he said were going to happen have happened.

As I stated in a thread I started on LaVar, I only believe 1/2 of what I see, and much of nothing of what I hear.

In my opinion he is so what does it matter to you what I think or say about a player that obviously didn't want to be here? Every other player the coach went to helped the team. This guy is saying he wants to be a Redskin for LIFE? Then why is he leaving? HE WANTED TO LEAVE. Go kiss his butt he can go whatever your problem isn't with me you seem to be mad at him. My opinion of him wont change and you aren't going to make me change it so deal with it man. He cant say he wanted to be him for his entire career then leave on his own. Everyone has kissed his ***** except for Joe Gibbs that's why he's leaving in my opinion.

You just seem to be taking this a little too serious. Read what i said. "I dont really care". And I dont care what anyone thinks. If and when he says what happened, you'll know the truth. I only stated that you view of the situation was incorrect. I've been wrong before.

Done.....

Just not my place to say... It sucks cause I really think "We" all should at least here his side.

"Next Question"

:laugh: (Just wanted to say that)

No, he can't. He's unfortunately bought into this ridiculous LaVar fairy tale like so many others.......

Why did he leave in the end? Because he wasn't grown up enough to put all of these issues behind him, and because he continues to trust all the wrong people. I will miss LaVar, but the Redskins will not.

I never bought into any fairy tale. And I hope no one else thinks im in belief that he's coming back and we're going to be in big trouble he's not here any more. Far from it. We will be in better shape in most positions on both sides of the ball. The scheme is such that non super humans can just follow directions and flurish. Those guys with X-Ray vision will be able to change the game every week. Clark wasnt super man (HAHA), but was a bad ass safety working within the scheme. Taylor Changed games....Good when he thought correctly.... Bad when he didnt.....

Maybe LA didnt fit..... maybe he was a little selfish when the Limelight wasnt thrust upon him..... So what..... It had little to do with the actual reason he's not here anymore.

He will always be a good redskin to me (for the reasons you stated), He held us down when there was no chance of the playoffs or SuperBowls.

I've said my goodbyes, and if i could put on the B&G and play against him or anyone in another jersey, I'm doing my best to make sure he's not a factor in the game.

We wont miss him as much as some seem to think.

I never bought into any fairy tale. And I hope no one else thinks im in belief that he's coming back and we're going to be in big trouble he's not here any more. Far from it. We will be in better shape in most positions on both sides of the ball. The scheme is such that non super humans can just follow directions and flurish. Those guys with X-Ray vision will be able to change the game every week. Clark wasnt super man (HAHA), but was a bad ass safety working within the scheme. Taylor Changed games....Good when he thought correctly.... Bad when he didnt.....

Maybe LA didnt fit..... maybe he was a little selfish when the Limelight wasnt thrust upon him..... So what..... It had little to do with the actual reason he's not here anymore.

He will always be a good redskin to me (for the reasons you stated), He held us down when there was no chance of the playoffs or SuperBowls.

I've said my goodbyes, and if i could put on the B&G and play against him or anyone in another jersey, I'm doing my best to make sure he's not a factor in the game.

We wont miss him as much as some seem to think.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but how do you know all this stuff about Lavar and whose to say that you're not lying about it?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but how do you know all this stuff about Lavar and whose to say that you're not lying about it?

Just a friend... no one has to believe anything.... But there is always another side to every story....

Archived