Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the offense gel immediately?

SMOSS89

With all of these signings and a new system, is it possible for this team to come outta the gate and gain tons of yards? It doesnt always happen in the NFL, but there have been systems that have worked immediately in a coach's first year with a new set of players (ie Greg Williams).

So what do you all think?

With all of these signings and a new system, is it possible for this team to come outta the gate and gain tons of yards? It doesnt always happen in the NFL, but there have been systems that have worked immediately in a coach's first year with a new set of players (ie Greg Williams).

won't have to. OTA's start in late spring. then you have mini-camps. Then you get training camp for 1/2 the summer that will lead into pre-season. By the time we get to Sept 1 the new players (only 2 expected to start on offense so far) will have had plenty of time to get to know everyone else. we didn't exactly turn the entire roster over.

The only starter we lost on offense is Robert Royal. With that said the offense is already ready to go from last season, we just added some more weapons. All we have to hope for is that Al Saunder's changes to our offensive game plan are picked up perfectly which they should be- we have a smart offense.

The only starter we lost on offense is Robert Royal. With that said the offense is already ready to go from last season, we just added some more weapons. All we have to hope for is that Al Saunder's changes to our offensive game plan are picked up perfectly which they should be- we have a smart offense.

This is right on. By the time the regular season starts, the new weapons will be ready to go, and our offense will be amazing.

It is a tall order, but I'm confident the coaching staff can handle it. The big question mark I think is the quarterback position. Brunell can't play an entire season at a consistently high level to begin with, and who know's what effect a new offense will have. Campbell on the other hand needed time to sit and learn Gibbs' offense, and now he'll need to sit and learn Saunder's offense. Then there is Collins, who is nothing but a question mark at this point.

The thought occured to me yesterday, that there could be an internal quarterback controversy. Gibbs is adamently loyal to Brunell, but I just don't see Brunell running this offense very smoothely, very consistently. I can't help but wonder if Saunders behind the scenes could end up lobbying Gibbs to pull Brunell in favor of Collins or Campbell.

By the start of the regular season this offense will hit the ground running

It is a tall order, but I'm confident the coaching staff can handle it. The big question mark I think is the quarterback position. Brunell can't play an entire season at a consistently high level to begin with, and who know's what effect a new offense will have. Campbell on the other hand needed time to sit and learn Gibbs' offense, and now he'll need to sit and learn Saunder's offense. Then there is Collins, who is nothing but a question mark at this point.

The thought occured to me yesterday, that there could be an internal quarterback controversy. Gibbs is adamently loyal to Brunell, but I just don't see Brunell running this offense very smoothely, very consistently. I can't help but wonder if Saunders behind the scenes could end up lobbying Gibbs to pull Brunell in favor of Collins or Campbell.

Collins will not start a game next year. He is here for mentoring Cambell and serving as an insurance policy for us at QB if the Skins pull a NewYork Jets of last year.

But I see no reason why Brunell and Cambell would struggle running an offense that is the same as the one they ran this past year. Saunder's offense is Gibb's offense except with more deep plays and aggressive play calling. Gibb's didnt bring Saunders in here to change the offense. Please dont forget the big plays and stats that our offensive players put up when Gibbs was first here. ( Monk,Sanders,Clark).

As far as the free agents and gelling with the offense. I dont predeict any barking for footballs by players. It was explained to them clearly that no one person will be a superstar "everyone will get oppurtunities in different games". <---(Randle El) So that {"enough footballs to go around" } is just media rhetoric. Every team has enough footballs to go around, but every team doesnt have enough play makers to go around. :cool: But now we do. So Watch Out!

Archived