Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Poll: 42% Want Bush impeached, 46% for censure

Crazyhorse1

Anyway my philosophy although I stole it from Lewis Black I definately agree.

Republican party= A party of bad ideas

Democratic party= A party of no ideas

I think you really have to fully quote him or your giving too much credit to the dems.

You see, in our two-party system, the Democrats are the party of no ideas and the Republicans are the party of bad ideas. It usually goes something like this. A Republican will stand up in Congress and say, "I've got a really bad idea." And a Democrat will immediately jump to his feet and declare, "And I can make it s'ier." - Nothing's Sacred

Guest Gichin13

I think this administration is the pits. They have clearly bent and distorted facts as suits them ... probably status quo for politics, but they seem to have charted new territory in that regard.

This censure/impeachment stuff is utter crap though. I thought it was ridiculous to try and impeach Clinton over a BJ (and don't start trotting out felony charges for perjury, every lawyer knows every witness lies in every case, especially when you are talking BJ's from interns). I similarly think it is ridiculous to even talk impeachment against Bush. What ever happened to trying to win the next election and take your lumps instead of this tar and feather approach that seems to dominate all politics now?

He probably wont get re-elected.

I've been asking the resident lefties to accept a bet based on this coming election, and thuis far none of you have had the stones to accept it.

The GOP will lose seats this fall. But it wont be any more than a typical midterm election ( a bit higher because it's te second term).

So if you believe the Dems will take back the House and Senate, then step up and be a man. IMO, the GOP will lose 2-3 Senate seats and 12-14 House seats.

Any takers?

You lose, you go away for a year,

I don't want Bush impeached or censured.

He gets a few more years to clean up his messes. If he doesn't, then history will judge him as such.

He's pretty close to Lame Duck status already.

If he had any juice, he'd be more forceful in pushing his ideas. Right now, you could just rename a lot of things "Ms. Miers". Its all the same.

He probably wont get re-elected.

I've been asking the resident lefties to accept a bet based on this coming election, and thuis far none of you have had the stones to accept it.

The GOP will lose seats this fall. But it wont be any more than a typical midterm election ( a bit higher because it's te second term).

So if you believe the Dems will take back the House and Senate, then step up and be a man. IMO, the GOP will lose 2-3 Senate seats and 12-14 House seats.

Any takers?

You lose, you go away for a year,

Well, I won't take that bet because I agree, the Dems probably won't take the house or the Senate. I wish they would, but it ain't gonna happen.

New York, Bush hasn't even been drafted yet!

:)

I hear he has already made plans to skip the draft.

It is interesting reading a number of heavy conservatives (like in the 8 trillion dollar defecit thread) beginning to not only turn on Bush, but say he's not one of us. There is a growing disaffect in the Republican Party. Strangely, of all things, I think it began with the Harriet Miers nomination. The Wire tap and Dubai began expanding it and for someone the budget and defecits are a part of the dissonance too.

As for impeachment, there have been hints and suggestions of things he has done that warrant impeachment, but they haven't been proven yet. I'd like to know from a judicial point of view if the wiretap thing was an overstepping of, or outright breach of law. I think the Iraq misrepresentations were not done with intent to lie. The flaw probably was in being so certain that certain pieces of evidence became much more important while others became less so. As has been said a billion times, everyone believed Iraq was hording and cheating. Sorting through intelligence is never a "slam dunk" It's always a best guess.

Tell you what K17, if the Dems take the house, you go away for a year. If they don't, I'll go away for a year. Deal?

Good deal. You're on. Add one caveat, the winner has the discretion to end the lockout. And the loser is only off of the Tailgate, not the main board.

deal?

or no deal?

No takers????

cowards.

As a resident leftie, I didn't take the bet because I don't want to go away for a year. And I don't want to take the bet because I if I win, I don't want YOU to go away for a year either. I assume that was part of the deal, was it not?

GWB should be impeached along with Dick Cheney.

Reasons:

They deliberately exaggerated/distorted/misrepresented evidence that started a war. They went with the evidence that was given to them, the evidence was wrong, so they ended up being wrong, doesn't mean they lied

They illegally torture people. I would love to see the video of Cheney and Bush beating people, oh wait there is none.

They lied about illegally torturing people Can't lie about something they never did

They created an environment in our military that invited illegal torture You mean like a "millitant environment" I am sorry but sometimes people get boo boos during war

They illegally ousted a CIA agent No they ousted the top secret CIA agents Wife, no crime in that

They lied to the investigators about ousting said agent Technically they didn't seeing how they did not oust the top secret agent everyone was talking about, plus everyone in that guys neighborhood new he was a spook

They lie about their medicare budgets. It happens when you add another new social program. It amazes me how Dems complain if the Reps create a social program, especially since they are the lords of the social programs

They lie about their connections to big oil. How did they do that? Bush used to own an oil company they talked about that before he was ever elected

They lie about being informed about whenther the levees would break Everyone knew that those levees could not hold up with anything beyond a category 3 storm, and they haven't been able to for the last 100 years. How about Kennedy, is it his fault too?

Bush lied about the wiretapping program Nope see next answer

The wiretapping program is illegal and breaks FISA laws Sorry but if any cabinet member authorises the use it is legal(according to the electronic surveillance act of 78)

They lie to the Iraqi people and use propaganda on them How by removing a genocidic dictator? OR by sacrificing the lives of our troops for their benefit

They lie to the American people and use propaganda on them How by rebuiling our economy, after 18 B*****DS decided to attack the US on our soil? OR by trying to help another country rid themselves of an opressive murderous ruler?

GWB lied about nation-building in his 2000 campaign Oh Please!

As a resident leftie, I didn't take the bet because I don't want to go away for a year. And I don't want to take the bet because I if I win, I don't want YOU to go away for a year either. I assume that was part of the deal, was it not?

I'll let flash back (no pun intented) come back after a few weeks.

I love it, it just goes to show you that people don't have the first clue what impeachment is.

Impeachment is used to bring forth a president to trial for ALLEGED CRIMES commited, thus resulting in removal from office if the congress decides such.

As of yet there is no proof that George W Bush has commited any crime. Even if he indeed lied(which I don't think he did, the term lied implies that there was an intent to decive as opposed to just being wrong) that is not a crime, if it was then almost every one of us would be in jail(and all women, j/k ;) ).

Did George Bush actually go out and torture anybody in person??? No he didn't

Did he know about it while it was occuring?? There has never been any evidence to point either way, I don't personally believe that he did but I am basing that on what I can gather of his character so I am not saying that he didn't either

As for the lieing about connections to big oil??? SO WHAT??!! That is not a crime unless they lied under oath in a court of Law.

The people that are asking for impeachment procedings to begin are bitter about the proceedings that were brought on Clinton. The difference here is that Bush never lied under oath in court. Clinton did. Bush never commited purgery, Clinton DID. Purgery is a crime and infact stronger than a misdemeanor and therefore rose to the level of High crimes and Misdemeanors that was required for impeachment.

Just because you don't like the man doesn't mean that you can impeach him, you need specific laid out grounds for that.

Which murderous ruler are you talking about? Left or right? ;)
Obviously you never saw the KerryonIraq DVD youngster. And while on the topic of Kerry and oil, he owns over a million share of Exxon-Mobile, you know the company that dumped oil in Alaska via the Exxon-Valdez? Sure, guys like him have no interest in oil.:doh:

People are so quick to say Iraq is all Bush. I got news, the other people who voted to go to war also need to stand up and get counted if thats the game were gonna play.

Obviously you never saw the KerryonIraq DVD youngster. And while on the topic of Kerry and oil, he owns over a million share of Exxon-Mobile, you know the company that dumped oil in Alaska via the Exxon-Valdez? Sure, guys like him have no interest in oil.:doh:

People are so quick to say Iraq is all Bush. I got news, the other people who voted to go to war also need to stand up and get counted if thats the game were gonna play.

Bush is the man in charge--thus takes the heat! My recent post stated Kerry when?

Should I bring up every single company Bush was head of--ran to the ground? What makes this country different??

What about the Skull & Bones Society? True, it was not GW himself but, it just shows what kind of people the Bush family are! For the record, I am part Apache.

He snorted cocaine ... He dodged the draft....His friends knew him as an alcoholic womanizer with a bad temper....a complete failure at business until his wealthy friends rescued him. Yet within a few short years he was elected Governor of Texas, and quickly catapulted into the White House in spite of losing the popular vote. Then he was re-elected with last minute help from Osama Bin Laden, in spite of high disapproval ratings. He still couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag without the advice of his staff .....and yet he's been able to declare an endless war and institute some of the most radical changes in American history ....

This sums up Dubya in just one quote! My favorite by far! :notworthy

Bush is the man in charge--thus takes the heat! My recent post stated Kerry when?

Should I bring up every single company Bush was head of--ran to the ground? What makes this country different??

What about the Skull & Bones Society? True, it was not GW himself but, it just shows what kind of people the Bush family are! For the record, I am part Apache.

You brought up oil, infering the Iraq war is all about Bush wanting oil, I made the connection to Kerry's interest in oil to show that you can't just target one man. I don't agree with nearly all of the Prez's recent decisions to say the least, but at least he sticks by his decisions and doesn't second guess.

I know about Skull& Bones, I also know about Bilderberger with members like Clinton and Peter Jennings (until recently).

I don't know what you being Apache has to do with anything.

Archived