Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Poll: 42% Want Bush impeached, 46% for censure

Crazyhorse1

This new poll just in, March 15. A real shocker. Can the Republican party survive if it continues to shield the present administration. I think not. The jig is up. I respectfully request the Republican party to drop its support of this regime and assume its more historic role as a conservative party and protector of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and rule of law.

Poll: Americans slightly favor plan to censure

RAW STORY

Published: Thursday March 16, 2006

http://www.rawstory.com/

A new poll finds that a plurality of Americans favor plans to censure President George W. Bush, while a surprising 42% favor moves to actually impeach the President.

A poll taken March 15, 2006 by American Research Group found that among all adults, 46% favor Senator Russ Feingold's (D-WI) plan to censure President George W. Bush, while just 44% are opposed. Approval of the plan grows slightly when the sample is narrowed to voters, up to 48% in favor of the Senate censuring the sitting president.

Even more shocking is that just 57% of Republicans are opposed to the move, with 14% still undecided and 29% actually in favor. Fully 70% of Democrats want to see Bush censured.

More surprising still: The poll found fully 43% of voters in favor of actually impeaching the President, with just 50% of voters opposed. While only 18% of Republicans surveyed wanted to see Bush impeached, 61% of Democrats and 47% of Independents reported they wanted to see the House move ahead with the Conyers (D-MI) resolution.

The poll, taken March 13-15, had a 3% margin of error.

never link even when told to over and over?

Can we see the question? Was there any information provided or just a question. Did they get to read the Senators reasoning?

http://americanresearchgroup.com/

Wow they really got into that question deep:

Do you favor or oppose the United States Senate passing a resolution censuring President George W. Bush for authorizing wiretaps of Americans within the United States without obtaining court orders?

3/15/06 Favor Oppose Undecided

All Adults 46% 44% 10%

Voters 48% 43% 9%

Republicans (33%) 29% 57% 14%

Democrats (37%) 70% 26% 4%

Independents (30%) 42% 47% 11%

What do you think the response would be if it was:

Do you favor or oppose the United States Senate passing a resolution censuring President George W. Bush for authorizing wiretaps of Americans inside the country suspected of talking to Terrorist cells outside the country without obtaining court orders?

Wording is everything in a poll to get the numbers you want...

;)

GWB should be impeached along with Dick Cheney.

Reasons:

They deliberately exaggerated/distorted/misrepresented evidence that started a war.

They illegally torture people.

They lied about illegally torturing people

They created an environment in our military that invited illegal torture

They illegally ousted a CIA agent

They lied to the investigators about ousting said agent

They lie about their medicare budgets.

They lie about their connections to big oil.

They lie about being informed about whenther the levees would break

Bush lied about the wiretapping program

The wiretapping program is illegal and breaks FISA laws

They lie to the Iraqi people and use propaganda on them

They lie to the American people and use propaganda on them

GWB lied about nation-building in his 2000 campaign

Reasons:

They deliberately exaggerated/distorted/misrepresented evidence that started a war.

I'm just wondering what you 'edited' out? The part about him creating the Bird flu? :laugh:

and here's the other extreme side....just got done dumbing down in a mass skinsfan heavy thread. :doh:

HAHA, been there with him on KFFL before, I nearly choked when I saw him here, I though he'd be sucked up by the Michigan Militia by now.

Reasons:

Now try that again without using any word that has an 'l' in it.

:D

isn't that about the same percentage that voted against him? That doesn't seem like news to me. Even if he's impeached, so what. It didn't affect Clinton and he was impeached.

Maybe Bush could go blow up some imaginary terrorist training camp the day before the impeachment. :D

Well, those of you who think you know how I feel about Bush should read this sitting down. I don't want to be responsible for any bumps, bruises or scraped.

I don't want to see Bush impeached. If Bush is impeached, Cheney would take his place. If Cheney is impeached, or imprisoned, or drops dead, Dennis Hastert takes over. If anything happens to Hastert, Condi Rice is next in line.

I do support the censure resolution, and signed up here to be a citizen sponsor. But I don't support impeachment.

I would like to see the Democrats take control of at least one house of Congress. That way, they'll have subpeona power, and they can start the investigations we need in order to find out what happened before and after 9/11, what happened before, and during the Iraq war, what's going on at the NSA, etc. Its going to take a couple of years just to get to the bottom of all of these things, and by then, why bother impeaching him?

If the Dems do take over the house, I pledge my presidential vote to John McCain, if he's the Republican nominee. I won't vote for Frist under any circumstances. I don't know much about Mr. Romney or Mr. Allen.

If the Dems don't take at least one house of Congress, I will probably support the Democratic nominee.

One other take on the censure thing. People are criticizing the Dems for being fractured and timid on this issue, and praising Republicans for rallying around the President. But what nobody's pointing out is that the Republicans are rallying around a guy with a 36% and falling approval rating in an election year. Its a great display of unity or a herd mentality, depending on your point of view, but probably not the smartest move, huh?

and here's the other extreme side....just got done dumbing down in a mass skinsfan heavy thread. :doh:
whats that suposed to mean?;) i think bush is terrible, he should be censured, but not impeached, lets keep it in perspective and also keep the integrity of the american presidency intact. but if he doesnt get his act together it might be reality beofre 2008

whats that suposed to mean?;) i think bush is terrible, he should be censured, but not impeached, lets keep it in perspective and also keep the integrity of the american presidency intact. but if he doesnt get his act together it might be reality beofre 2008

i'm talking about crazy horse being such a fanatic. he's on one side, and mass skinsfan is on the other. that's what it means. ;)

I find this interesting since I am a stundent and have an internship in a congressmans office right now. I saw the appropriations committee yelling at the Attorney General about cutting funding for after school programs in the inner cites. Those Dems. can sure yell when they want to.

Anyway my philosophy although I stole it from Lewis Black I definately agree.

Republican party= A party of bad ideas

Democratic party= A party of no ideas

Archived