Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ego Boost for Taylor Jacobs (Hindsight Humor)

Fergasun

There was a rumor that during the last game of the season during the Eagles, or the wild card game against the Bucs that he came to the sidelines and said, "Take me out. I think I've got a concussion." :laugh:

No offense to anyone who's had a concussion. I just thought that was funny (we know how Taylor is).

I really love reading the 16-22 year olds on this board blasting a pro player who doesn't meet their expectations.

Ya know lots of guys don't make it in the pros, for lots of reasons. Most players never even get that far, and most wannbes never do anything of note.

I don't know what Jacobs will do in the future. Maybe he will be a total bust, or maybe not. But, yes I am a life-long Gator fan; I followed him in college and belive me he was the real deal and might fool some fools yet.

Taylor was, and for the time being still is, a Redskin. I hate to see Redskins disrespected on this board. But, there is this to consider; whatever the future holds for Taylor, he is guaranteed to have a healthier bank account than most of you guys can ever dream of. So how is that for a little hindsight humor?

:notworthy

That is exactly right. And I'd also add, he's one of the nicest, most humble guys I met last year. That may not count for much for some, but to be an NFL player and retain your humility in the face of the kind of attention you get, its no little thing. I hate that he hasn't panned out. After meeting and getting the chance to talk to him, I was pulling for him.

We aren't comparing Jacobs to ourselves, we are comparing him to other NFL players...

You should not use your biased love affair for Jacobs when we are trying to evaluate him here.

:doh:

:doh: to you. His point obviously went straight over your head. You can acknowledge that someone's been a disappointment on the playing field, AND give them props for being an unselfish, high quality individual.

That is exactly right. And I'd also add, he's one of the nicest, most humble guys I met last year. That may not count for much for some, but to be an NFL player and retain your humility in the face of the kind of attention you get, its no little thing. I hate that he hasn't panned out. After meeting and getting the chance to talk to him, I was pulling for him.

Humble doesn't begin to describe him when he was being asked what he was being by the toolbag asking him. That said alot about him. I remember we were both pulling for him to do something in that NY game.

:doh: to you. His point obviously went straight over your head. You can acknowledge that someone's been a disappointment on the playing field, AND give them props for being an unselfish, high quality individual.

Fine. He is unselfish, high quality person (who I will never meet in my life) who should be shipped to first team willing to trade some new pylons for him.

Fine. He is unselfish' date=' high quality person (who I will never meet in my life) who should be shipped to first team willing to trade some new pylons for him.[/quote']

I don't have any problem with that.

Then again, I wasn't talking to you :)

No question, he's been a huge disappointment - I'm willing to even apply the term 'total bust' to him. Still a nice guy.

I really love reading the 16-22 year olds on this board blasting a pro player who doesn't meet their expectations.

Ya know lots of guys don't make it in the pros, for lots of reasons. Most players never even get that far, and most wannbes never do anything of note.

I don't know what Jacobs will do in the future. Maybe he will be a total bust, or maybe not. But, yes I am a life-long Gator fan; I followed him in college and belive me he was the real deal and might fool some fools yet.

Taylor was, and for the time being still is, a Redskin. I hate to see Redskins disrespected on this board. But, there is this to consider; whatever the future holds for Taylor, he is guaranteed to have a healthier bank account than most of you guys can ever dream of. So how is that for a little hindsight humor?

:notworthy

yaaaarrr matey!!

YES! THE GATOR NATION INVASION! WELCOME MY BROTHER!

and I agree, he was one of the better WRs that went through UF during the Spurrier Era.

I look at Jacobs this way...with the new signings, Jacobs has fallen to 5th on the depth chart, and I defy you to find a 5th WR in the league that has more upside than Taylor Jacobs.

Look guys. Nowhere in this thread did we disparage Jacobs for anything other than his on-field production. No one called him a punk or selfish. As fans we're all disappointed and everyone had huge hope for him.

If anything this thread is a reminder there is no such thing as a "can't miss" prospect. I really like Taylor Jacobs, and I hope he can contribute... I'm also happy he is low on the depth chart.

YES! THE GATOR NATION INVASION! WELCOME MY BROTHER!

and I agree, he was one of the better WRs that went through UF during the Spurrier Era.

I look at Jacobs this way...with the new signings, Jacobs has fallen to 5th on the depth chart, and I defy you to find a 5th WR in the league that has more upside than Taylor Jacobs.

Gators suck!

Fsu baby! :laugh:

Hes 20, freakin, 4. If you write off a player at 24, you are just stupid, plain and simple.

not true... sometimes you just can tell.

besides, do you realize the guy ran off the field in his last start yelling at people that he thought he had a concussion after being hit? in almost 30 years of sports medicine, that is an absolute first and only occurrence..

There was a rumor that during the last game of the season during the Eagles, or the wild card game against the Bucs that he came to the sidelines and said, "Take me out. I think I've got a concussion." :laugh:

No offense to anyone who's had a concussion. I just thought that was funny (we know how Taylor is).

that is pathetic.. again, something i have never come across... it just doesn't happen that way...

Archived