Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm in favor of all the players we signed, BUT...

Portis the Tortoise

Don't any of you ever ask yourselves whether we could get these same players any cheaper than we did? Is it that we are so set on who we want that we give them ridiculous contracts so they won't even consider signing elsewhere? Case in point: How and why did we make Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety in NFL history!? That's insanity! Are you telling me we couldn't have gotten him by offering a 7 or 8 million dollar signing bonus? Same thing with Lloyd and Andre Carter. I just don't understand it. Think about it like this. If we saved a measley 1 million on each of our big 4 FA acquisitions, we would have the money to sure up our secondary, O-line, and linebacker core. It just makes no sense to me.

I'm not blaming Snyder. It seems to be what this team, as a whole, does. I just don't see how at this point we're going to sure up our other areas of need. If we lose Springs or Rogers to injury, we'll have Ade Jimoh and NO ONE ELSE. I'm not terribly concerned about LB, cause Gregg W. seems to always be able to pull one out of his ass. But O-line and CB depth are real concerns.

Just tell me this and be totally honest. Do you really think we couldn't have gotten the players we got for considerably less money?

I'm not blaming Snyder. It seems to be what this team, as a whole, does. I just don't see how at this point we're going to sure up our other areas of need. If we lose Springs or Rogers to injury, we'll have Ade Jimoh and NO ONE ELSE. I'm not terribly concerned about LB, cause Gregg W. seems to always be able to pull one out of his ass. But O-line and CB depth are real concerns.

Just tell me this and be totally honest. Do you really think we couldn't have gotten the players we got for considerably less money?

I think we should let Mr. Snyder, Joe and the rest of the "coaches" decide who and for how much. Just relax and enjoy the **** out of this...I know I am!!

Both Springs and Rogers missed games last year and we survived with Jimoh and Harris backing them up. Almost everyone on this board is happy that Harris id gone. The Skins will find adequate replacements before training camp.

No, they were wooed by the Bears and the Broncos, and would have signed with then if we didn't make the better offer. Why does everyone care about the price paid to Free agents? This is Snyder's money, and however Gibbs wants to spend it I am satisfied. Trust in Gibbs and Williams to select quality players.

Do you have an ulcer or something? calm down. Trust in your coach, trust in the ownership of the team...enjoy the results. :logo:

I truly think they NEED to worry about OLB, did you see last year when the starter went down, did you see what his replacement did??

Funny thing is, I just had this conversation with an employee here at my job. They do all of this restructuring, and cutting people and say it's to help the team, but turn around and sign Arculeta, and Randle El for all that money, when the folks they had weren't that bad. At least they had team chemistry. Ryan Clark was not a bad player at all, but they let him go to sign A.A. come on man. Sometimes I wonder about this organization.

Can't you just read all the other threads made about this, read redskins.com and draw your own conclusion without cluttering up the board with stuff that has been hashed and re-hashed out here over and over again?

Sorry, just frustrated. There's no excuse for this.

Because salaries and revenues are rising, most likely, almost every year someone is going to be the new "highest paid "______ "in history." As buisness men, I'm sure Snyder and Gibbs look at the cap, the position, age, ... and the projected price of the same caliber player 2-3 years from now. If you pay next year's price to make sure you get a young guy that can play your game, and that guy is good for 5-6 years, you've got stable costs, and eventually a bargain.

Not every player will turn out this way, but if you do it right, you can minimize turnover, and keep a guy happy with his contract 3-4 years from now when he is over achieving the contract. This may be how you create and keep a core team of players. Good contracts that fit under the cap, but keep the player happy, and can be restructured, for the duration. And the convertable roster bonuses, keep the player happy with lump sum cash payment, or the player can be cut and we save money. Not all the players we signed will see the full contract money.

They do all of this restructuring, and cutting people and say it's to help the team, but turn around and sign Arculeta, and Randle El for all that money, when the folks they had weren't that bad. At least they had team chemistry. Ryan Clark was not a bad player at all, but they let him go to sign A.A. come on man. Sometimes I wonder about this organization.

So they should cut people, restructure, and then not sign new people? And get real people, Clark was a nice player, but ask any personnel man around the league everyone one of them would take Arch over Clark. We were just the ones that had enough money to make that happen.

We don't have enough info to judge if the players we signed were overpaid. It's much more complicated than just the total value and length of the contracts, which is why I laugh at some of these boobs in the media when they say we overpaid for a player, when they don't even know the details of the contract.

I agree we need some depth at CB, LB, and oline, but we're not done yet. There will be plenty of blue collar depth guys available later in the year.

Don't any of you ever ask yourselves whether we could get these same players any cheaper than we did? Is it that we are so set on who we want that we give them ridiculous contracts so they won't even consider signing elsewhere? Case in point: How and why did we make Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety in NFL history!? That's insanity! Are you telling me we couldn't have gotten him by offering a 7 or 8 million dollar signing bonus? Same thing with Lloyd and Andre Carter. I just don't understand it. Think about it like this. If we saved a measley 1 million on each of our big 4 FA acquisitions, we would have the money to sure up our secondary, O-line, and linebacker core. It just makes no sense to me.

I agree also, making AA the highest paid safety in NFL history is...

Words cannot explain it...

:mad:

Archived