Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is Eric Schaeffer?

semiskin

Yesterday during the Andre Carter PC Coach Gibbs, thanked Eric Schaeffer the Redskins Capologist for all of his work in making all the contracts fit.

I was wondering if any of you knew more about him and his background. It seems that with all the crazyiness over the past few years surrounding our so called "doomed" cap, this guy has somehow managed to prove all the other expert capologists wrong.

We're trying to land a fan chat with Eric, but, it's so busy he's hard to get. He's the best cap guy in the game. I've met him several times. He works every deal within countless scenarios you can't even begin to comprehend. With hope we get him for a nice, fun chat in April or something :).

We're trying to land a fan chat with Eric, but, it's so busy he's hard to get. He's the best cap guy in the game. I've met him several times. He works every deal within countless scenarios you can't even begin to comprehend. With hope we get him for a nice, fun chat in April or something :).

It would be nice to try and pick his brain for a little while. This guy might be the best asset this team has.

I chat a brief chat with Eric at the Tampa Bay game. Young guy (approx 31-35 years old), reserved and polite... and a big ExtremeSkins fan (he says he's on here all the time :) ). His background experience is he was a former player agent... so he knows how to negotiate contracts. I think most people would be surprised at how much influence he has at Redskins Park. It would most certainly be an eye-opening chat.

It would be nice to try and pick his brain for a little while. This guy might be the best asset this team has.

I would have to agree with that. The fact that Gibbs goes out of the way to thank him publicly say a lot.

I chat a brief chat with Eric at the Tampa Bay game. Young guy (approx 31-35 years old), reserved and polite... and a big ExtremeSkins fan (he says he's on here all the time :) ). His background experience is he was a former player agent... so he knows how to negotiate contracts. I think most people would be surprised at how much influence he has at Redskins Park. It would most certainly be an eye-opening chat.

That's cool, sounds like a pretty nice guy. Crazy that he's on here though... For some reason, I just don't think that people that are that plugged in would be here, but it really does make sense that people from the team and organization would check out the site. You didn't happen to find out if he's been a 'Skins fan all along, did you? Just curious...but I'm glad we have him...especially if he's an ES fan...

That's cool, sounds like a pretty nice guy. Crazy that he's on here though... For some reason, I just don't think that people that are that plugged in would be here, but it really does make sense that people from the team and organization would check out the site. You didn't happen to find out if he's been a 'Skins fan all along, did you? Just curious...but I'm glad we have him...especially if he's an ES fan...

I think when you work for an organization... and you strive to be the best at what you do to help the organization win... you can help but be a fan. Even if you weren't before.

Gary Fitzgerald was originally an Eagles fan. I think if you were to ask him now.... he'd tell you he's a Redskins fan. He was just as happy after each Redskins win as we (ExtremeSkins staff at the games) as we were.

I think the Skins have more to offer agents and players than any other team. Not that we have a lot of overt evidence of this. I think that Shaeffer has a good reputation with agents and that's why the players union backed him in the Arrington dispute. I am literally amazed at the high percentage of players the Skins go after eventually sign with the club. We lost Courtney Brown last year due to Chump Bailey and it seems like we're a long shot for Abraham this year. I can't think of many players we haven't gotten in the past six years that we wanted.

This is just like NASCAR if you think about it. Joe Gibbs racing always comes out on top in the restrictor plate era. He finds the extra 1% nuggets it takes to win consistently.

Andyman?

It really isn't too hard to conceive that a lot of people in Redskins Park read this message board. I've even seen secretaries with ES.com on their screens.

I'm not going to confirm or deny who andyman is... other than say... who cares who he is? He gets you the info right?

If it's Schaeffer... does it change anything? Or a member of the media? If you find out it's Cerrato... does it really matter? Gary Fitzgerald? What if it was Greg Blache.. or an assistant coach?

We've got a great resource on board... that's all that matters. :)

It really isn't too hard to conceive that a lot of people in Redskins Park read this message board. I've even seen secretaries with ES.com on their screens.

I'm not going to confirm or deny who andyman is... other than say... who cares who he is? He gets you the info right?

If it's Schaeffer... does it change anything? Or a member of the media? If you find out it's Cerrato... does it really matter? Gary Fitzgerald? What if it was Greg Blache.. or an assistant coach?

We've got a great resource on board... that's all that matters. :)

So... does this mean you know who he is? :)

Archived