Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Coles have a good season with a new QB?

cscmtp

Just curious how many of you guys still follow X-Skins players in the NFL. I have to admit, I like watching Coles. I mean, i'm SOOOO GLAD we traded him for S. Moss, but he was and still is an exciting tough player to watch. Just wondering what kind of numbers some think he could put up if they draft Leinhart or if Ramsey becomes the starting QB there...

and for those that are FF addicts, would you trade B. Edwards, 2.2, and 3.2 rookie dynasty picks for Coles, 1.6, and 1.12?

Just ignore the 2nd question if you aren't a FF fan. But i'd still love to know what people think about Coles. :)

I guess when he came out and admitted to the sexual abuse in his past, i started to have some respect for him. I also remember, VERY clearly, that when Coles first came to Washington, he told the Jets "GET THE BALL TO S.Moss. He is a HUGE HUGE talent" I thought that was pretty cool to give props to his old teamate.

dont think much about Coles or any other player let go by the skins.

Whoever takes the field is my team regardless where they played before, kinda like Fantasy Football, although I donot play FF, why? thats pretty much what the NFL is.

Some of the things Coles said toward the end there left a sour taste with me. I was a huge fan of his toughness while he was here, but when it comes right down to it, once it became clear to me he not only didn't buy into Gibbs, but felt compelled to say so in public, I very quickly found myself no longer buying into Coles.

I didn't cry much when he found himself on a seriously struggling team.

agree with Om, his words upon leaving were harsh, and he ended up the loser of the trade last season, making me quite happy. Him and his toe can enjoy the rest of his career in Denver. Santana is a much more exciting player than Coles will ever be!

With regards to FF, 2 first rounders and Coles for Braylon Edwards, a 2nd, and a 3rd? Is it just me or shouldnt you make that trade just for the picks alone? I am not used to fantasy dynasty mode, so let me know if I interpreted that wrong. Braylon may have a good season in Cleveland this year with Jurevicious to complement him, but I think his stats will remain similar to Coles, both may get over 1000 yards and 7-10 td's.

It's funny you posted this. Laverneus came into Cheesecake factory here in Jacksonville a couple days ago. I went up and said hey. I then asked him how he felt about having Patrick throw him the ball again? He just shook his head and smiled.

I think Coles has a chronic injury. Period. I just do not believe that toe injury will be completely resolved. A lot of players talk when they are leaving a team, and Coles was just not happy here. He is no more of a whiney baby then a lot of them out there.

I check all the receivers out every season so I will watch him. I liked watching Santana last year, as well as Chad Johnson, and of course Steve Smith.

Randy Moss has always been my favorite and I really thought Oakland was going to sizzle last year, but I did think the QB could hurt them and he did. Very poorly run offense.

I do watch former players, however not w/ the same passion as when they were w/ the Skins. Stephen Davis was still my favorite player until the Panthers cut him last week.

In Va Beach, we don't see Jets games on CBS. We see Raven and Steelers, so I never get to see a Jets game unless they are playing one of those teams. I thought Coles bailed out too early and was a punk. I'm so glad NY Jets are such a mess. I hoped he thought about the Skins after every Jets loss. Of course, while he was counting his $13 million signing bonus from Danny Boy.

I guess when he came out and admitted to the sexual abuse in his past, i started to have some respect for him. I also remember, VERY clearly, that when Coles first came to Washington, he told the Jets "GET THE BALL TO S.Moss. He is a HUGE HUGE talent" I thought that was pretty cool to give props to his old teamate.

If this is actually true, i have much more respect for L. Coles.

I was kind of glad he had an off year as it made the trade look that much better for Washington. However I've always been a Coles fan since he came to Washington and I would like to see him continue the success he's had in this league. I'm not sure if Coles can have a great season with the Jets as he doesn't have much talent surrounding him. But if NY can get their QB situation resolved and patch up their offensive line I think he could be a pro bowler again.

Archived